Tesla CPO site live!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dhanson865 said:
minispeed said:
Noticed that they aren't adding supercharging to all the 60s.

Red 60 in LA doesn't have it, P26847.

I would have thought that's something they'd add to give CPO a bit of an upsell on non CPO used cars, especially since they just made it standard.

I wonder if that is incorrect or this is?

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/46331-CPO-60kWh-Supercharging-standard-even-if-used-car-wasn-t-already-enabled" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also from the TMC discussion at http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/46402-Tesla-Model-S-CPO-Website-Now-Live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I though I saw someone say all the cars got Tech Package/Autopilot and supercharging turned on during the CPO process.

Based on super charging being standard on the new 70D I would put my money on the tesla CPOs all having supercharging turned on and the info on the site now is probably someone who's job was simply typing out the original spec sheet into the computer for each car.

dgpcolorado said:
My LEAF with 26,000 miles on it is down over 60%. That's depreciation (and why there are so many happy used LEAF buyers here at MNL).

If Teslas dropped in value like LEAFs I could afford to buy one!

Exactly :D if Tesla had normal BEV depreciation, I'd be cruising around in my own Tesla right now.

I don't track non-BEV depreciation too much, but Teslas seem really good compared to ICE depreciation too.

TonyWilliams said:
minispeed said:
If they had continued the 40 I would have waited too as that car would have been exactly what I needed.

That car was available for two years, with unlimited mileage lease!

It was called a Toyota RAV4 EV.

Wasn't in Canada and it was no where near the tesla in terms of style. Not to mention it's an SUV which I'm not a fan of.

Valdemar said:
I wonder how Tesla got hold of these used cars.

A lot of them are P85s. I would bet that a lot of super rich people bought a top spec P85 and loved it, then when the P85D came out they didn't care about the loss they wanted the top spec one and traded them in. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the 60 and 85s are similar stories, people who just wanted a bit more range or wanted AWD.

minispeed said:
Valdemar said:

A lot of them are P85s. I would bet that a lot of super rich people bought a top spec P85 and loved it, then when the P85D came out they didn't care about the loss they wanted the top spec one and traded them in. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the 60 and 85s are similar stories, people who just wanted a bit more range or wanted AWD.

Any chance of them being lemon-law buybacks?

Valdemar said:
minispeed said:
Valdemar said:

Way too many for that.
The only lemon law buyback I heard of was from someone that seemed to make lemon law claims against manufacturers repeatedly.

I know a number of owners that have upgraded.
We are upgrading ourselves from a 60 to a 70D. I'd expect to see that one show up on the Chicago section in a week or so. I'm guessing somewhere in the mid 50s, but we will see.

Valdemar said:

By law, Tesla Motors would be required to reveal that to potential buyers. Then all the haters would use it in their daily anti-Tesla rants.

One of the security cars at the plant in Fremont is a white Model S. They also have a few RAV4 EVs in the same role. It has been speculated that the white car is none other than the vehicle the serial lemon-law filers in Wisconsin got Tesla to buy back. (The color and the timing of it being observed as a security car match the Wisconsin story).

Berlino said:
Valdemar said:

By law, Tesla Motors would be required to reveal that to potential buyers. Then all the haters would use it in their daily anti-Tesla rants.

One of the security cars at the plant in Fremont is a white Model S. They also have a few RAV4 EVs in the same role. It has been speculated that the white car is none other than the vehicle the serial lemon-law filers in Wisconsin got Tesla to buy back. (The color and the timing of it being observed as a security car match the Wisconsin story).

The RAV4 EV are prototypes, and not legal for use on public highways (no license plates... no crash testing, emissions, etc).

minispeed said:
Valdemar said:
I agree that most of them are likely trade-ins for those upgrading. Over the last year I monitored the "for sale" listings at one of the Tesla forums — I was curious about resale prices — and the owners often mentioned that they were upgrading to the latest Tesla version.

Although those CPO listings seem like a lot of cars, they are just a speck compared to the number that Tesla has sold over the last few years. Easy for me to believe that most are trade-ins.

I will be interesting to see how well they will sell. There were times when you could unload a 1 y/o Leaf for a very good price at CarMax.

If anyone didn't post it yet

http://logmysc.com/cpo-reports.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lets you sort by price, color, etc for all regions. Quite useful for daydreaming or actually buying/selling.

You can see the sold cars prices as well.

Looks like less than 25% depreciation for an equivalent of my 2 year old S85. I'm fine with that.
No interest in selling but nice to know.

Interesting. Still priced too high though it is getting more tempting.

From an economic perspective, I believe the Leaf is really the best EV value out there. I'm willing to go a little more upscale/performance oriented, which is why the eGolf and B are also appealing to me. But the lowest one in inventory now is still another $15k above a new, well equipped B price to get a used S and then you don't get the incentives thereby making it a $25k difference. If I had to have the additional range, I would be tempted, but the Leaf really does cover the basic needs quite well and I still have an ICE in the family for those times it doesn't.

Regardless of my personal preferences, I imagine they will not have much trouble moving these as they do seem to be reasonably lower than a new one, after adjusting for the loss of the incentives. This is clearly a step forward.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the inventory and pricing when the X comes out.

DarthPuppy said:
Interesting. Still priced too high though it is getting more tempting.

From an economic perspective, I believe the Leaf is really the best EV value out there. I'm willing to go a little more upscale/performance oriented, which is why the eGolf and B are also appealing to me. But the lowest one in inventory now is still another $15k above a new, well equipped B price to get a used S and then you don't get the incentives thereby making it a $25k difference. If I had to have the additional range, I would be tempted, but the Leaf really does cover the basic needs quite well and I still have an ICE in the family for those times it doesn't.

Regardless of my personal preferences, I imagine they will not have much trouble moving these as they do seem to be reasonably lower than a new one, after adjusting for the loss of the incentives. This is clearly a step forward.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the inventory and pricing when the X comes out.

I imagine the model X will be the first big crash of the used model S prices. There have got to be a few people with money driving an S now just because the X isn't out yet.

I don't think the model 3 will affect it as much but the 2nd gen model S, by the time that comes out I would expect to see the first model S prices under $20k for a decent one.

I think the model S is a amazing car and I wish Tesla had concentrated on bringing cost down so they could sell a new possibly stripped down model S60 for $35K by 2017 then release a 2nd gen model for the more expensive models. There's been no talk about a second gen S but by 2016-7 it will be due for a mid cycle and by 2019-20 it should be a new platform. If they had kept the 60 and downgraded it for the masses (with a refresh) and concentrated on a new S they could have also gone with a long wheel base version, something that would probably help in China.

Stripping down an S all the way to the point they could sell it for $35k would be foolish.

The less expensive platform needs an entirely different platform.

It needs to be smaller, have less expensive batteries, and numerous other foundational changes.

Far better off to make it a completely different model. It broadens Tesla's market rather than simply shifting it.

Back