Survey from Morpace -- offering up to $550. Worth taking?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the only problem that I had was that she kept wanting to evangelize at length and go way off topic of what we were trying to discuss and accomplish... :)

malloryk said:
ahh, you're mogur! ;) LOL I liked our EV1 driver! She's an EV pioneer. It was a nice mix in our group, everyone was so different.

mwalsh said:
csriram45 said:
What was interesting was that some people finished survey earlier than I did even though they came later. I think not everyone got the same survey.

That's correct, there were different scenario books you had to review while filling out your survey. But since I didn't see any beyond the the one they wanted me to see, I don't know what was different about them.

I had 2 books to go through. So did my frnd. I think we both had same survey but others probably not. We had no form talking about the photo journal and was told we will get an email.

I just got back from the SF event myself. Both the "multiple choice" and the extended discussion groups. Seemed to go well with a lively discussion. The 'moderator' seemed to be used to the routine so he helped steer us towards the types of answers they wanted.

Hopefully this is a sign that another good EV will be coming to market soon.

I've always been a fast and through survey taker and it took me exactly 50 minutes to do mine. I had three scenario books I had to look through as part of the survey process... Though it seems like it took more time for the computer to write each finished page to disk - way slow - then it did for me to actually answer each page... :lol:

TRONZ said:
mwalsh said:
That's correct, there were different scenario books you had to review while filling out your survey.
Uuugghhh.... mine took FOREVER!

Got an email to do the photo diary, but only $100 compensation. With how much time some people said it took, I don't know if $100 is worth it. This and not having an opportunity to do the focus group is a real bummer.

$100 hmmm thats not what they originally said. Even I missed out on the focus group and heard it was even more fun.
As far as finishing early, I do hope ppl. did read and answer and now just click random choices to go through the survey. These eventually will go to see what comes up in market.

I am yet to get any email...

I'm gonna do the photo diary for $100, but I'm kinda annoyed that it's less than what they originally told us. Def. not going to spend too much time on it.

I'm not going to do something unless I can take the time to do it very well. Thus, for $100, it works out to about $10 an hour for my time, or even less... For that amount, I've decided to pass...

-Tom

malloryk said:
I'm gonna do the photo diary for $100, but I'm kinda annoyed that it's less than what they originally told us. Def. not going to spend too much time on it.

The diary can consume a lot of time, especially if it's not just about the money and you have pride in what you're doing. And I'm pretty sure that the principals really don't imagine that it typically takes us longer than they budget for. But, hey, I'm typically sitting at home twiddling my thumbs, so I do them anyway.

Here's a hint though...they generally want a lot of the same kinds of stuff from diary to diary. So if you don't discard previous exercises you've done for them, you can cut and paste your way into easy cash! ;)

Received email today inviting me to do the diary, with Power Point template attachment.

Except they're only offering $100 for the diary. Did you guys get $200 for the same work? Equal work for equal pay, says I!

They want it done by Sunday, Aug 28, so I'm gonna be very busy for a few days!

It was slightly less $ in SF for the on-site stuff. Seems like they are turning down the taps as they move forward.
Probably took us longer too... I think we went from 5PM to 9PM+ to cover both sessions.

It was $150 and $200 when we did it in Beverly Hills... $100 for the dairy (which I declined to do).

On a different note, I received a letter today for another Leaf/EV survey from a company in Augora (I'm not supposed to say who). I called them and they want to do a 2 hour survey and a 2 hour focus group for which that are paying $600. I asked if they needed anyone else and they said no, that they had carefully selected those they wanted to participate and were not accepting unsolicited respondents... Odd, but it might be interesting.
Did anyone else receive a letter for this?

mwalsh said:
It was $200 for the survey work and $200 for the extended panel discussion.

mogur said:
On a different note, I received a letter today for another Leaf/EV survey from a company in Augora (I'm not supposed to say who). I called them and they want to do a 2 hour survey and a 2 hour focus group for which that are paying $600. I asked if they needed anyone else and they said no, that they had carefully selected those they wanted to participate and were not accepting unsolicited respondents... Odd, but it might be interesting.
Did anyone else receive a letter for this?

Lucky you! No, not heard of that one.

mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:
Except they're only offering $100 for the diary. Did you guys get $200 for the same work? Equal work for equal pay, says I!

Not $200, $150.

It was $200 for the survey work and $200 for the extended panel discussion.

My diary Power Point example only asks for hourly (car related) activities for one weekday. Of course, there are a lot of other pages, asking different questions.

Did you guys have to fill out diaries for several days?

If so, I get why they're paying less for my diary.

Back