SOLD: 2011 Ocean Blue Leaf SLE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickbecker

Ordered a Model S and want to sell: 2011 Ocean Blue Leaf SLE in San Diego for $17,000
Delivered 4/20/11
~8,400 Miles
EVSE Upgrade 120/240V portable EVSE
Adapters for dryer, welder and RV parks
Climate Control Upgrade
Wet Okole Seat Covers
DC fast charging CHAdeMO port (used 7 times)
Battery capacity gauge shows 12 bars
AHr = 56.46
Kyocera eVent with LEAF Spy Pro
Spare tire with jack
Always garaged
Great condition

Other Specifications
24kWh Lithium-ion battery
80kW AC Motor
3.3 kW onboard charger
Spoiler-mounted 12v solar charging panel
Alloy wheels
Front & rear air bags
ABS brakes
Traction control system
Tire pressure monitoring system
Electronic brake assist
Security system
Navigation system
Hands-free phone system
Power windows & power door locks
Homelink system
6 speaker stereo system
SiriusXM Satellite Receiver
USB Ports
Aux Audio Port
2 Remote Fobs
5 star Top Safety Pick
Zero emissions

Rick (619) 579-6005
[email protected]

rickbecker said:
Note that I have reduced the price on my 2011 LEAF!

Now advertised in the AutoTrader. That price will be reduced this weekend.

Yes, and also note that the car is close to losing a capacity bar. Around 55 AH or so it will lose its first CB.

LEAFfan said:
rickbecker said:

Yes, and also note that the car is close to losing a capacity bar. Around 55 AH or so it will lose its first CB.
So, are you suggesting that I am hiding something? What exactly is the purpose of your negative post?

thankyouOB said:
what do you have to do to lose a capacity bar at 8k miles?
In this case, the mileage has less to do with degradation of the battery pack than age. You don't have to drive the car a ton or put it through thousands of charge cycles for the pack to degrade--simply the passage of time will take care of that. Note the VIN number and delivery date of this Leaf--it is #984 delivered on 4/20/11. That is a pre-tsunami Japanese production unit, as is mine (#1317, delivered 4/01/11). It will be 3 years old next April, and will have probably lost it's first bar by then by virtue of age, not use. Our car lost the first bar back in June, after only 26 months in service and 31K miles (in the same general climate zone), so higher usage and charging cycles does contribute to aging, as does higher temp exposure, but aging alone will do it.

This car is lightly used and very well equipped. I believe the build quality is probably better than what is coming out of Tennessee these days, and if I needed another Leaf right now, I would buy it myself (for the right price), keeping in mind that the range will not be what it was when new, but that all the other aspects of the car are probably in "creampuff" territory due to the low mileage. It could be a good car for anyone in a temperate climate with a commute of 50 miles or less for several more years, I'm sure.

TT

nothing negative about a 1 bar lost 2011 leaf at this point.

I'd say an 11 bar leaf is nearly ideal and wouldn't consider the value changed between a 12 bar about to drop to 11 or an 11 bar that just dropped from 12.

Don't sweat inquisitive posts here, anyone that finds your car listed here will likely know that the value of your car.

It's still a very viable car and I like the Blue color.

ttweed said:
thankyouOB said:
In this case, the mileage has less to do with degradation of the battery pack than age. You don't have to drive the car a ton or put it through thousands of charge cycles for the pack to degrade--simply the passage of time will take care of that. Note the VIN number and delivery date of this Leaf--it is #984 delivered on 4/20/11. That is a pre-tsunami Japanese production unit, as is mine (#1317, delivered 4/01/11). It will be 3 years old next April, and will have probably lost it's first bar by then by virtue of age, not use. Our car lost the first bar back in June, after only 26 months in service and 31K miles (in the same general climate zone), so higher usage and charging cycles does contribute to aging, as does higher temp exposure, but aging alone will do it.

TT

I have a 12-bar pre-tsunami leaf with 32k miles. also april 2011. the build number is close to 1400.
so, i dont see your point as valid.
of course, this car may not be about to lose a bar, as that is speculation.

I have a 2011 pre-tsunami car with 16K miles, and dropped to 11 bars a couple months ago. I'm inclined to agree with the assertion that the Japan-built cars are more reliable. In the 2 1/2 years I've had mine, it has never been in the shop except for annual battery checks. I mean zero, zilch, nada problems of any kind whatsoever (except some idiot @ church broke the rear window with a leaf blower and a rock). If I were in the market to buy a used Leaf right now, I would stay away from the Tennessee-assembled 2013's. JMHO. I'd rather have a 2011 with 11 bars than a 2013 with 12 bars, all other things being equal.

I have a 2011 pre-tsunami car with 16K miles, and dropped to 11 bars a couple months ago. I'm inclined to agree with the assertion that the Japan-built cars are more reliable. In the 2 1/2 years I've had mine, it has never been in the shop except for annual battery checks. I mean zero, zilch, nada problems of any kind whatsoever (except some idiot @ church broke the rear window with a leaf blower and a rock). If I were in the market to buy a used Leaf right now, I would stay away from the Tennessee-assembled 2013's. JMHO. I'd rather have a 2011 with 11 bars than a 2013 with 12 bars, all other things being equal.
other than your desire to sell your older LEAF is there any factual basis for your staying away from US built 2013 LEAFS?

rickbecker said:
LEAFfan said:
rickbecker said:

So, are you suggesting that I am hiding something? What exactly is the purpose of your negative post?

No, not at all. You revealed the AH and whoever buys it will also want to check the capacity/Gids/%. And it is definitely a positive and informative post.

thankyouOB said:
ttweed said:
thankyouOB said:

TT

I have a 12-bar pre-tsunami leaf with 32k miles. also april 2011. the build number is close to 1400.
so, i dont see your point as valid.
of course, this car may not be about to lose a bar, as that is speculation.
Since my car resides in the foothills above El Cajon, and not on the coast, I have a temperature disadvantage and may well lose the first bar before you do.

apvbguy said:
other than your desire to sell your older LEAF is there any factual basis for your staying away from US built 2013 LEAFS?

There seems to be a lot of complaints about the build quality of the 2013 TN-built cars. The biggest one seems to be about the on-board charging system and its related electronics. Early 2013's seem to have a lot of complaints about these.

There have been some build quality issues as well, like A/C drain lines not being properly connected, causing soggy carpets and even mold build up. And then there's the infamous Leaf S with a previously unknown option package whereby the back seat bottom cushion is leather but the rest of the interior is cloth.

I've owned numerous Nissans over the years, both Japanese and TN-built, and the ones from TN are not as well built IMHO. I've never owned one from Nissan's Canton MS plant (large trucks and SUVs) but I understand that plant had horrendous build quality that made Detroit look like BMW by comparison. I'm not sure if it's still that way.

apvbguy said:

I'm not in the market to buy or sell a Leaf so I shouldn't post here, I guess. But, I've read on this forum about so many problems with the 2013 US-assembled cars----on board charger, heater, inverter, on and on. So, that's why I have doubts about them. Again; this is JMHO.

derkraut said:
apvbguy said:

I'm not in the market to buy or sell a Leaf so I shouldn't post here, I guess. But, I've read on this forum about so many problems with the 2013 US-assembled cars----on board charger, heater, inverter, on and on. So, that's why I have doubts about them. Again; this is JMHO.

And you think those are assembly issues or manufacturing issues? If manufacturing issues then I'd ask where those parts are manufactured?

QueenBee said:
And you think those are assembly issues or manufacturing issues? If manufacturing issues then I'd ask where those parts are manufactured?

In the case of the 2013 North American-market Leaf, I think it's a combination of both. A lot of the parts used for the locally-assembled cars are also locally-sourced. But forgetting to connect the A/C drain hose is not something you can blame on a parts supplier.

RonDawg said:
There seems to be a lot of complaints about the build quality of the 2013 TN-built cars. The biggest one seems to be about the on-board charging system and its related electronics. Early 2013's seem to have a lot of complaints about these.

There have been some build quality issues as well, like A/C drain lines not being properly connected, causing soggy carpets and even mold build up. And then there's the infamous Leaf S with a previously unknown option package whereby the back seat bottom cushion is leather but the rest of the interior is cloth.

I've owned numerous Nissans over the years, both Japanese and TN-built, and the ones from TN are not as well built IMHO. I've never owned one from Nissan's Canton MS plant (large trucks and SUVs) but I understand that plant had horrendous build quality that made Detroit look like BMW by comparison. I'm not sure if it's still that way.

wow, I must be one lucky guy, I have none of those issues and you're the only one that has ever noted them

derkraut said:
again, I must be one lucky guy because I have had no issues with my '13 SV, and while I don't read all the threads here I've never noticed the complaints you've noted

Back