2012 Leaf information posted by Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have already said no 6.6Kw charger until 2013 and Tenn. production.

ml194152 said:
Yep, I'm real surprised there is no mention of a 6KW charger on the 2012. That was announced by Nissan several months ago (and reported here) and Nissan said they already have the supplier chosen and that the 6KW charger is actually smaller than the 3KW charger. They also said there woukd be an upgrade path for us 2011 owners. Strange. Hopefully its just an oversight by the marketing dept. and it will actually be on all 2012's.

The Nissan messagebot said:
Because of limited remaining production of the model-year 2011 Nissan LEAF™, additional orders from our website for the MY 2011 will end very soon. If you act quickly, you may still be able to place an order for a very limited time.

When orders close, you will see a ‘Sold Out’ message when you sign in to ‘My Account’ on the Nissan LEAF website. After the 2011 Nissan LEAF has sold out, your existing reservation will continue to be valid and you’ll be able to order the 2012 Nissan LEAF when it becomes available.

LakeLeaf said:
The Nissan messagebot said:
Because of limited remaining production of the model-year 2011 Nissan LEAF™, additional orders from our website for the MY 2011 will end very soon. If you act quickly, you may still be able to place an order for a very limited time.

When orders close, you will see a ‘Sold Out’ message when you sign in to ‘My Account’ on the Nissan LEAF website. After the 2011 Nissan LEAF has sold out, your existing reservation will continue to be valid and you’ll be able to order the 2012 Nissan LEAF when it becomes available.
I haven't seen this message yet. But this would almost certainly mean that Tier 2 and maybe the forgotten 36 will be ordering MY 2012 cars...

I wonder what the website will say about "Your 2011 Nissan LEAF" once this happens?

Guessing this is the message may 1st reservations holders are getting if they fence sit and don't complete an RAQ with a dealer

People who reserved may 1st can chime in , if you reserved may 1st you quickly went to order status, if you didn't complete soon like a week they start reminding you lose your spot

Not sure what it means for tier 2

Most tier 2 holders prob will get 2012's

Maybe some early tier 2 orders get 2011's but not many

Well my dashboard indicates 2011 leaf sold out

And 2012 will be available for order soon

Hoping that means ordering sometime in July

Change is good

Back