SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be there Saturday with my usual list of questions. Hope there is a Leaf there so that I might be allowed to measure the interior windshield for the Eclipse sunshade people. I would also like to take a look at a modified L1 if one is there.

I'm planning on attending. Looking forward to catching up with Kath and hearing news from others about their impending blessed events (deliveries).

Reminder:
Gathering this Saturday (26 Mar) at HTB in Santa Ana.

I plan to give Robert a ride, pick up Boomer,
and be at HTB shortly after 8:00 AM.

If you have a L1 EVSE, try to bring it.

Thanks, Gary for organizing the very nice gathering today in Santa Ana. I got many of my questions answered. Thanks to Adrian for access to his LEAF to check out various things. Much discussion about the L1 mod and adapters. I think I understand now! Great to see Andy, Danny, Matt, Robert, Gary, Tom, and Phil! I almost took a detour to the Port of Los Angeles to take a look on the way home but resisted the temptation. As for April, April 9 to meet is good for me. I hope we can go back to Cerritos...closer for me. :D

Sorry to miss it - I was at Puente Hills Nissan picking mine up :D

Also looking forward to the next Cerritos gathering.

Thanks, Kat.
The ship Luna Spirit left the dock late yesterday, so you misssed this round of unloading, but did not miss anything today.

With 9 showing, and one Red LEAF, we had a good time.
It was great to see you all this morning!

Proposal for Gathering 8a and 8b:
Next month (April, 2011) I suspect that we should try to skip Easter weekend (23rd), and probably the weekend before (the 16th, the start of school vacation for many). So, how about the 9th of April for a Cerritos meeting (I will try for Cerritos Nissan again), and April 30th for a Santa Ana Gathering at HTB.

Any comments or suggestions?

garygid said:
Thanks, Kat.
The ship Luna Spirit left the dock late yesterday, so you misssed this round of unloading, but did not miss anything today.

With 9 showing, and one Red LEAF, we had a good time.
It was great to see you all this morning!

Proposal for Gathering 8a and 8b:
Next month (April, 2011) I suspect that we should try to skip Easter weekend (23rd), and probably the weekend before (the 16th, the start of school vacation for many). So, how about the 9th of April for a Cerritos meeting (I will try for Cerritos Nissan again), and April 30th for a Santa Ana Gathering at HTB.

Any comments or suggestions?

Those dates should good to me.

If we do HB rather than Cerritos Nissan, it sort of sounds like we're getting to the point where we a) should get there early enough for decent parking and b) try to get a handle on how many actual LEAFs we are going to have and rope off an area for LEAFs only (not necessarily right out front) - we have these plastic bollard things with plastic chains that I could probably snag from work.

I will call Cerritos Nissan tomorrow about meeting there.

Parking at HTB is "mall shared" it appears, but much more available just North of HTB, rather than "in front" (South and West sides).

Just got a PM from John at Cerritos Nissan, and we are ON for meeting and eating breakfast there next Saturday, April 9th.

I plan to be there at about 8:00 AM and should not need charging for "Maple".

Breakfast should be available by about 8:30.

See you there.
If not charging, PLEASE park in the Customer Parking just in front of the building.

garygid said:
Just got a PM from John at Cerritos Nissan, and we are ON for meeting and eating breakfast there next Saturday, April 9th.

I plan to be there at about 8:00 AM and should not need charging for "Maple".

Breakfast should be available by about 8:30.

See you there.
If not charging, PLEASE park in the Customer Parking just in front of the building.

Cool. Perhaps we should get a show of hands. So they can plan the breakfast accordingly?

I'll be there, and won't be needing to charge any.

I'll be there. Probably won't need charging either.

(If Gary doesn't need charging, then I can't request it either, he has a longer drive than I do. :lol: )

About 35 miles for me (70 RT), so I "should" be able to make it.

Plan B is to stop at a Nissan Dealer on the way home.

We will try to give priority to those who need it the most.

Back