SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using suggestions from folks at the last meeting, I found a source for a reflective front windshield sun shield similar to the one I showed at the meeting. The product is called "Heatshield."
http://www.heatshieldstore.com/
They have the 2011 Leaf in their database. I ordered one, it came yesterday, and it looks fine, with a very reflective front and insulation on the back. Now all I need is the car.

Thanks also to encouragement and info from the group that gave me a path to do my "squeek." I received I very prompt, detailed call-back from a high level. They are making more cars, a person is going to track my case, and my June delivery is "worst-case."

tbleakne said:
Thanks also to encouragement and info from the group that gave me a path to do my "squeek." I received I very prompt, detailed call-back from a high level. They are making more cars, a person is going to track my case, and my June delivery is "worst-case."

Very good to hear, Tom. The best of luck to you in getting your new car as soon as possible.

NOTICE:
Local Cluster Gathering at "Fudrucker's Cruise Night" on Tuesday April 19th.

At 23621 El Toro road, East of 1-5 about a quarter of a mile.
Apparently 5 PM to 8 PM in the parking lot just outside Fudruckers,
but some cars get there perhaps an hour earlier, as I recall.

See www.SoCalCarCulture.com for some info and MANY other car-meets.

FEATURE:
We should have a Toyota 2012 PHEV at the event,
along with a "cluster" of LEAFs. :D

Everybody welcome.
No shade.

Our Local Cluster outside Fudruckers:

At the "Fudruckers Cruise Night":
Every Tuesday evening, about 4 PM to around 8 PM (+/- an hour).

There were pehaps 70 to 100 vehicles, from a Model A to a 2012 Toyota Prius PHEV.
This included tree LEAFs, at least one HEV Prius, and lots of Shine, Color, and Chrome!

Gary, Gary, and Phil brought their LEAFS, and we had a good time answering a steady stream of questions from before 5 to after 7.

Reminder:
Gathering #8b is this coming Saturday, 30 April at HTB in Santa Ana.

I will bring my "completed" set of adapters and my Mod-L1 EVSE for Show-n-Tell.

We have an EVSE-use story to tell those who might be interested.

---------
Planning Ahead:

1. Gathering #9a in Cerritos (maybe at dealer) on May 7th?
(Can we get 14 LEAFs there?)

2. Gathering #9b two weeks later on May 21st at HTB in Santa Ana?

Comments and suggestions?

I will be out of town May 7. Could do Cerritos May 14. Santa Ana date of May 21 no good. Could do May 28. Not that it has to revolve around my availability. I am just getting in my 2 cents early.

I will be at Santa Ana HTB this Saturday. :D

mwalsh said:
garygid said:

No pictures? I find that hard to believe, especially with Phil there!

I have some pics to share, Mike, just a bit behind on blogging. :)

I'm planning a blog update that'll cover the local meetup at Fuddruckers when Gary, hill and I first got our LEAFs and Omkar and TRONZ came along to help us celebrate, the regular Tuesday night Fuddruckers car meetup that we attended last Tuesday, and some pics from the San Diego meetup last Saturday morning.

"Work, work, work, work, work!" (Mel Brooks as "The Gov" in Blazing Saddles)

I am sorry to say that I won't be at the April 30th meeting, but I have a good "Leaf" excuse. Claremont is choosing to celebrate Earth Day this Saturday, and I have arranged to exhibit a borrowed Leaf. abasile and his wife have graciously agreed to loan me their new Leaf for a couple of days.

Claremont has given me a very nice prominent spot, and I have prepared a detailed color, laminated poster full of FAQ data, including bar graphs of range vs speed, charging time vs level, etc. I will bring the poster to show at the next meeting.

tbleakne said:
I am sorry to say that I won't be at the April 30th meeting, but I have a good "Leaf" excuse. Claremont is choosing to celebrate Earth Day this Saturday, and I have arranged to exhibit a borrowed Leaf. abasile and his wife have graciously agreed to loan me their new Leaf for a couple of days.

That's great, Tom! I am going to tell my niece who is at Pomona College to go and check it out. Look forward to seeing the poster.

tbleakne said:

Claremont has given me a very nice prominent spot, and I have prepared a detailed color, laminated poster full of FAQ data, including bar graphs of range vs speed, charging time vs level, etc. I will bring the poster to show at the next meeting.

Very cool, Tom. Glad to hear that you guys got together and are spreading the EV word. See you next time.

Boomer23 said:
mwalsh said:
garygid said:

No pictures? I find that hard to believe, especially with Phil there!

I have some pics to share, Mike, just a bit behind on blogging. :)

I'm planning a blog update that'll cover the local meetup at Fuddruckers when Gary, hill and I first got our LEAFs and Omkar and TRONZ came along to help us celebrate, the regular Tuesday night Fuddruckers car meetup that we attended last Tuesday, and some pics from the San Diego meetup last Saturday morning.

"Work, work, work, work, work!" (Mel Brooks as "The Gov" in Blazing Saddles)

Lots of news from the latest meetups and where my LEAF has been lately on my blog at: http://drivingelectric.blogspot.com/

Boomer...,
Another GREAT blog entry.

--------
May's Gathering dates:
In light of the recent feedback, instead of the 7th and 21st,
how about Gathering on the 14th and 28th?

I will have a heavy-duty front windshield sun-block screen
($36 by HeatShield for the LEAF) at the meeting.

garygid said:
Boomer...,
Another GREAT blog entry.

--------
May's Gathering dates:
In light of the recent feedback, instead of the 7th and 21st,
how about Gathering on the 14th and 28th?

I will have a heavy-duty front windshield sun-block screen
($36 by HeatShield for the LEAF) at the meeting.

I also agree GREAT entry!

Sorry the 14th won't work for me I good on the 7th and the 28th :|

Back