SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can take them off the old car and either just keep them or transfer them to your new car.

gascant said:
What happens when you sell your present car with the vanity plates? I'm starting to think it's time to order the plates

gascant said:
Kataphn said:
Did you get your plates already? What happens when you sell your present car with the vanity plates? I'm starting to think it's time to order the plates

I put the vanity plates on my existing car. Then I went to AAA and got new plates for my existing car and kept the vanity plates. The vanity plates are in the garage awaiting placement on our LEAF. My existing car is ready to go to its new owner (my brother) once the LEAF arrives. Did not mean to be OT. Go to vanity plate thread for lots of discussion on this topic.

mwalsh said:
garygid said:
OCC (Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa) is having a Green Energy day on Wed April 6th, from about 10 to 1:30, and would like someone to bring a LEAF.

I will post their contact info soon.

I can do a Wednesday gig by switching work to a Furlough Thursday, if absolutely necessary. But my preference would be to pass in favor of someone who is readily available that day.

If I have my car by then, I can do the gig at OCC. My current estimated delivery date is "Week of March 30". :)

We have not had a "speaker" yet, but we will certainly consider it. Anybody is welcome to volunteer.

Probably anything of general interest, 5 to 30 minutes, and with some visual aids would work best.

At the Cerritos Nissan location there is a video/PC projection system, I believe.

Kataphn said:
gascant said:
Kataphn said:
Did you get your plates already? What happens when you sell your present car with the vanity plates? I'm starting to think it's time to order the plates

I put the vanity plates on my existing car. Then I went to AAA and got new plates for my existing car and kept the vanity plates. The vanity plates are in the garage awaiting placement on our LEAF. My existing car is ready to go to its new owner (my brother) once the LEAF arrives. Did not mean to be OT. Go to vanity plate thread for lots of discussion on this topic.
Got it. Thanks. I did check out the vanity plate thread and have ordered my plates today. My LEAF should arrive before them, however, if the 8-12 weeks is accurate.

garygid said:
We have not had a "speaker" yet, but we will certainly consider it. Anybody is welcome to volunteer.
We have volunteers for our next two meetings already and for the future I'm thinking of recruiting local public officials to talk about efforts to speed the widespread adoption of EV's in California and the rest of the country. I'm hoping for a mix of technical and policy speakers. Agreed, 30 minutes is about the limit because, I'm guessing, most attendees will want to talk shop.

garygid said:
OCC (Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa) is having a Green Energy day on Wed April 6th, from about 10 to 1:30, and would like someone to bring a LEAF.

Cathy at ocprius.com
We will have a Lear Electric boat, a Tesla or two, Prius, maybe a mini cooper electric (AQMD), SOCal Gas, several water districts- our main speaker is Stephen Solomon on Water, etc. etc. Most of our friends do not have their Leafs yet...
Any Leafs want to come?

inventor00 said:
garygid said:

Cathy at ocprius.com
We will have a Lear Electric boat, a Tesla or two, Prius, maybe a mini cooper electric (AQMD), SOCal Gas, several water districts- our main speaker is Stephen Solomon on Water, etc. etc. Most of our friends do not have their Leafs yet...
Any Leafs want to come?

inventor00, are you speaking about the same event at OCC on April 6?

malloryk said:
I would also be down for a westside meetup! Love Father's Office (although I've only been to the one in SM)

Once I get my LEAF, I might try for a Westside meetup, but I'd need to recharge some. Culver City is about 95 miles roundtrip on the 405. :)

Boomer23 said:
malloryk said:
I would also be down for a westside meetup! Love Father's Office (although I've only been to the one in SM)

Once I get my LEAF, I might try for a Westside meetup, but I'd need to recharge some. Culver City is about 95 miles roundtrip on the 405. :)

Boomer, you are always welcome to charge at our house in Leimert Park (LA city) near Culver City once we get our Ev project Blink! Or L1 of course always available. Also I believe there is public charging at the Helms Bakery site where that Father's office place is.

garygid said:
Gathering #7b is Saturday, 26th March, for breakfast at the Hometown Buffet in Santa Ana on 17th street, just 2 blocks east of I-5.

I will be there, Gary. I have my list of questions (as usual!) I have been holding onto to ask you at the meet up. :D

Kataphn said:
Boomer23 said:
malloryk said:

Boomer, you are always welcome to charge at our house in Leimert Park (LA city) near Culver City once we get our Ev project Blink! Or L1 of course always available. Also I believe there is public charging at the Helms Bakery site where that Father's office place is.

or you're welcome to charge at my place (I'm a little over 4 miles away).

malloryk said:
Kataphn said:
Boomer23 said:

or you're welcome to charge at my place (I'm a little over 4 miles away).

Very cool, ladies. We'll keep that plan in mind for April or May.

Gathering #7a next Saturday at HTB on 17th (2 blocks East of I-5) in Santa Ana.

I will try to be there around 8 am, and stay until 11 or so.
Any interested, kind souls welcome. Show up anytime!

Discuss:
1. Some special LEAF Gathering at some "Earth Day" event(s) in April,
to show off our LEAFs and promote EV awareness.
Any suggestions?

2. Plug-in EVSEs, and related topics.

3. Omkar's baby :D

Who might be there on Saturday?

Back