So, owners what range are you getting ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does the seat heater make any different on range? I'd never used the seat heater, but am realizing it appears to use much less energy than the heater, but is quite effective. Turning the seat heaters on and off makes no difference at all to the energy usage statistics - which seems strange to me. It warms up well and quickly, it must be using a measurable amount of energy.

Thanks, Mark

lorenfb said:
CWO4Mann said:
25,960 miles
296 GID @ 100%
220 GID @ 80%

Info via LeafSpy Pro

Please provide your Ahr @100 % from LeafSpy.
Thanks.

I just uploaded the results of 44 trips to the leaflogger web site. I don't see any results, but suspect that it is still churning away calculating.

Right now I am showing the following from the LeafSpy Screen:

Bat Sts: AHr = 53.81 SOH = 82% 393.15V Hx = 65.86% Odo = 25,983 14 QC's & 1240 L1/L2's 393.15V

Aux Bat showing 12.40V

SOC showing 90.2%

min/max/avg = 4.080 4.095 4.103 (23mV)
Temp 52.9 F

Dave

CWO4Mann said:
lorenfb said:
CWO4Mann said:
25,960 miles
296 GID @ 100%
220 GID @ 80%

Info via LeafSpy Pro

Please provide your Ahr @100 % from LeafSpy.
Thanks.

I just uploaded the results of 44 trips to the leaflogger web site. I don't see any results, but suspect that it is still churning away calculating.

Bat Sts: AHr = 53.81 SOH = 82% 393.15V Hx = 65.86% Odo = 25,983 14 QC's & 1240 L1/L2's 393.15V

Aux Bat showing 12.40V

SOC showing 90.2%

Temp 52.9 F

Dave

At about 26K miles with a 54 Ahr capacity (SOC=90%) is very good. My '13 with 15K has only 56 Ahr at SOC=100%.

CWO4Mann said:
25,960 miles
296 GID @ 100%
220 GID @ 80%

Info via LeafSpy Pro

<snip>

Aux Bat showing 12.40V

SOC showing 90.2%

Temp 52.9 F

Dave
296 GIDs with a degraded battery? I think that's more than anyone else has seen with a new one. Was there some finger trouble when typing that number :?:

GRA said:
CWO4Mann said:
25,960 miles
296 GID @ 100%
220 GID @ 80%

Info via LeafSpy Pro

<snip>

Aux Bat showing 12.40V

SOC showing 90.2%

Temp 52.9 F

Dave
296 GIDs with a degraded battery? I think that's more than anyone else has seen with a new one. Was there some finger trouble when typing that number :?:

Oopsies, how does 269 Sound?

Not sure how to figure that I have a degraded battery. Indicators?

Thanks for keeping a close eye

Dave

CWO4Mann said:
GRA said:

Dave
Mileage, Ah, SOH, Hx, take your pick of any/all.

25,960 miles
296 GID @ 100%
220 GID @ 80%

Guy's keen eye caught it:

220 / 80% = 275 GIDs which closer to 269 versus 296.

In any case, if your Ahrs are really 54 (hopefully no error again) at 80% SOC, that's very good for your mileage.

GRA said:
CWO4Mann said:
GRA said:

Dave
Mileage, Ah, SOH, Hx, take your pick of any/all.

Got it! thank you for the assist!

lorenfb said:
25,960 miles
296 GID @ 100%
220 GID @ 80%

Guy's keen eye caught it:

220 / 80% = 275 GIDs which closer to 269 versus 296.

In any case, if your Ahrs are really 54 (hopefully no error again) at 80% SOC, that's very good for your mileage.

No error this time. I went back over the LeafSpy display figures. My Leaf is always garaged except when temporarily in a parking lot or on the road. I plug in when I pull into the home garage and let it percolate until the next time I drive -- usually every day. My trips are usually about 30 miles, sometimes as much as 60 or 70. Usually QC when I have a trip of around 100 miles. Always drive in the ECO mode, hard to recall if I have ever used "D", but probably less than a dozen times in 3 years. Usually just me, sometimes with spouse. Of course trunk area is filled with various survival and Bug-Out supplies, guns, ammo, flares, EMT level Aid Pack, etc., in case of the Apocalypse. Tow the trailer maybe once per month a distance of about 12 miles round trip. I figure I got lucky with the car and am as happy as a clam.

lorenfb said:
At about 26K miles with a 54 Ahr capacity (SOC=90%) is very good. My '13 with 15K has only 56 Ahr at SOC=100%.

Disagree. I was at 54AHr with 30,000 miles and at 2.5 years of use. I don't think the numbers stated bode well for either of you. CW04Mann especially appears to be on a slightly shallower degradation curve than me (from a time perspective at least), which probably means he's going to be down 4 bars just outside of the warranty period.

mwalsh said:
lorenfb said:

Disagree. I was at 54AHr with 30,000 miles and at 2.5 years of use. I don't think the numbers stated bode well for either of you. CW04Mann especially appears to be on a slightly shallower degradation curve than me (from a time perspective at least), which probably means he's going to be down 4 bars just outside of the warranty period.

Well Happy New Year to you too! :) I figure even if I am down to 4 bars, "something" will come along to make it better. Either that or I start driving the Porsche 928 to work again -- perhaps the cost of my speeding tickets will offset something?

I am, of course, somewhat concerned about the slow degradation of the battery system. I suppose I can be philosophical and chalk it up to hazards of being an early adopter. OTH, there seem to be so many little glitches with the LEAF that I wonder what the Nissan engineers' expectations were and how they must have gotten slapped down by the Bean Counters and Suits. Wouldn't be the first time (Remember the frozen O Ring and Challenger?)

Right now, I have a nice, comfy town car which serves me well for my short commute and weekly trips to the various strip clubs, shooting ranges and biker bars, so I am not yet really displeased. Ask me again when I hit 4 bars down and Nissan says "Sorry bud, you are out of warranty".

^ Sorry to be such a "Debbie Downer", so let me modify what I was saying to "either you're going to be very lucky and just come in under the wire, or you're going to be very unlucky and just miss out". There, I've offered a bit of hope at least. :D

Remember, we did proffer that the warranty was specifically engineered so that most would miss out, with many just missing out.

mwalsh said:
lorenfb said:

The "very good" comment was relative to my data and not to many's 'ideal battery' that many expect from
today's 'early' BEV technology.

OTH, there seem to be so many little glitches with the LEAF that I wonder what the Nissan engineers' expectations were and how they must have gotten slapped down by the Bean Counters and Suits.

Other than the battery what are the "so many little glitches"?

lorenfb said:
OTH, there seem to be so many little glitches with the LEAF that I wonder what the Nissan engineers' expectations were and how they must have gotten slapped down by the Bean Counters and Suits.

Others may wish to join in:

1. Brakes
2. Heater
3. Air Conditioning
4. Steering wheel Heater
5. Placement of rear seat headrests vis a vis blind spots
6. Horns
7. Use of incandescent lamps instead of using all LED luminaires
8. Degraded battery due to heat
9. Navigation System
10. Car Wings System

But all of these, with the exception of the brakes, battery life and blind spots, are easy to manage by driver flexibility in attitude, treatment of vehicle and overall driving skills.

CWO4Mann said:
lorenfb said:

Others may wish to join in:

1. Brakes
2. Heater
3. Air Conditioning
4. Steering wheel Heater
5. Placement of rear seat headrests vis a vis blind spots
6. Horns
7. Use of incandescent lamps instead of using all LED luminaires
8. Degraded battery due to heat
9. Navigation System
10. Car Wings System

But all of these, with the exception of the brakes, battery life and blind spots, are easy to manage by driver flexibility in attitude, treatment of vehicle and overall driving skills.

At least for the 2011/2012 models, I don't agree that the air conditioner needs improvement. It actually cools quite well here in SoCal, and my car doesn't have dark tinted windows either. Only on the absolutely hottest days do I find the need to "pre-cool" the way I like to preheat this time of year.

Except for the high beams, I don't think the use of some incandescent lamps is an issue. A few folks in cold climates have even complained that the LED low beams output so little heat that the headlamps ice over as a result.

I've gotten used to the brakes. In fact, when I get into my ICEV, I feel that car's brakes are "grabby."

Back