So I hear a Leaf is going to be in San Jose on July 10-11th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrendanDolan

My Nissan rep commented that a Leaf will be on display for the Livestrong event in San Jose on July 10th and 11th. I'm in the process of confirming that with him so we don't make the drive to San Jose for nothing. Some of us on http://www.Leafowner.com are looking to meet up Saturday at 10-11am to check it out in person, as even though I work at Boardwalk Nissan, I haven't even seen one in person yet!

http://www.leafowner.com/Forums/forumid/2/threadid/218/scope/posts.aspx has a thread where it looks like we'll plan the event out. I'm assuming it's going to be near the registration tent, but hopefully I can milk more details out of my rep.

Hope to see some of you guys there, and I'll update this thread as I get more news!

BrendanDolan said:
My Nissan rep commented that a Leaf will be on display for the Livestrong event in San Jose on July 10th and 11th. I'm in the process of confirming that with him so we don't make the drive to San Jose for nothing. Some of us on http://www.Leafowner.com are looking to meet up Saturday at 10-11am to check it out in person, as even though I work at Boardwalk Nissan, I haven't even seen one in person yet!

http://www.leafowner.com/Forums/forumid/2/threadid/218/scope/posts.aspx has a thread where it looks like we'll plan the event out. I'm assuming it's going to be near the registration tent, but hopefully I can milk more details out of my rep.

Hope to see some of you guys there, and I'll update this thread as I get more news!
\\

Sounds great but I hope the doors will be open and not just a view from a distance.

EVDRIVER said:
Sounds great but I hope the doors will be open and not just a view from a distance.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of seeing these cars locked up. I've been to see the Leaf 3 times and its always the same. Roped off and no touching. The Fisker event was almost as bad, but at least they let us sit in the seats and open and close the doors and trunk.

I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend! Since I don't know how many of us will show up, I'm bringing lunch for 30 people. I should be easy enough to spot, as I'll be wearing Khakis and a Blue polo shirt that says "Boardwalk Auto Center" on it. It's a little cheesy, but at least it's obvious so we don't all introduce ourselves to random strangers. :lol:

Brendan,

I am looking for a preferred dealer to take delivery of the Leaf in the Bay Area. Do you know if Boardwalk Nissan is committed to sell the Leaf at MSRP or lower? If so, it would be the first one that I know of. Let use know.

Thanks,
trent

Hi Trent,

Boardwalk Nissan is going to sell at MSRP, without any markups (I personally CANNOT STAND THAT BS). Drop by this weekend if you don't mind braving the traffic, a few of us from other forums are going to meet up. :)

Awesome! Finally found a dealer that will sell at MSRP in the Bay Area. I'll drop by but not sure if I can make the time you guys are meeting up. Anyway, I'll be taking the ELECTRIC VTA light rail :)

Thanks again, I'll be changing my preferred dealer to Boardwalk.

BrendanDolan said:
Hi Trent,

Boardwalk Nissan is going to sell at MSRP, without any markups (I personally CANNOT STAND THAT BS). Drop by this weekend if you don't mind braving the traffic, a few of us from other forums are going to meet up. :)
Good to know about your dealership. I won't be making the confab this weekend, though. I do hope to meet a bunch of fellow Leafers at future events.

I'm hoping to combine forces with a few autoblogs and demand a Leaf from Nissan. We'll see what happens, but if I'm able to get something together that can go across many blogs, hopefully Nissan will bite.

Other than that, we can have a charger install party later in the summer. :D :lol:

I went to have a look. It's the same roped-off, probably inert, styling prototype. Nothing new to learn by scrutinizing the interior through the windows, as the preproduction cars have passed this car by.

The good news was that both I and my wife thought that it looked just quirky enough in person to be cool, so it passed the visual test. I'll go ahead with my PV system plans now that we've seen the car.

Back