SL for $33,500 out the door, Kansas City Missouri. Decent?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdherman

Well, it not 7k off MSRP like Fontana is offering, but I have the feeling the oversupply is ever greater in CA.

The dealer here has 7 and clearly is starting to itch to get rid of some. That price is out the door, doc fees, temp tag etc included. Of course, in MO, they will hit me for a lot of sales tax when I tag it....

I could still get out of the deal, if too many people think better deals will come....

I figure I do NOT need the L2 charger or Quick Charge, and the saved money can be spent on a nice pair of driving gloves for the winter!!!

How long did the car sit on the lot? If they got it during July and left it charged I would be concerned. If the arrival from port was September I would say jump. That beats my price (sticker). If you lease then you'd be at $26k even which looks like a pretty good price to me.

Don't forget the $65 alternative fuel vehicle tax fee when you register too.

Looks good to me, since list price is $37,250 for the SL and $35,200 for the SV + about $850 shipping. I'm assuming you're buying 2012 current stock inventory?

Skip the driving gloves :) , the steering wheel gets plenty warm. Use your heated seats, and pre-warm the car before departure on cold days (tried it this week and works great).

I'm very glad I got an L2 EVSE. I could've gotten away without it (I need only 1.5 hours L2 charging each weekday to get 80% full - I have an ~18 mile RT commute), but I like being able to charge up faster after a near-depletion.

If you're considering the SV, you won't miss the solar panel (charges accessories; leave car outdoors to use it) or the QC charge port (there's probably no prospect of seeing a QC charger in these parts for many years :cry: ). I'd love to use my QC port on my SL once, just for grins - and it would be great to take the car further than Nebraska Furniture Mart from KC North. A round trip to Weston would be really nice.

There are plenty of options for the EVSE and I would NOT get the Nissan-recommended setup from Aerovironment. Their installation charges alone are extremely over-priced ($1,230.00 to run a wire 14' and stick a circuirt in my breaker box - no way) and they up-sell the cost of EVSE equipment. I had my electrician run my service and install for about $345 total (my EVSE was a separate buy on ebay, $749). You can get an EVSE at Home Depot...check out Schneider options or upgrade the EVSE that comes with the car - see Ingineer's EVSE upgrade.

Happy to see you decided on a LEAF! I'll watch for you in the parking lot, doc!

Kathy

Careful you don't get too good a deal or you might wind up like this guy:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/09/man-arrested-for-accepting-a-good-deal-at-car-dealership/?hpt=hp_c3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Depending on the market area the dealership is in will be the determining factor on what kind of deal you can get. Here in Madison we have $3500 bonus dealer cash on top of the markup on the MSRP (Chicago market has $4500 :roll:)

Not knowing if that our the door price includes sales tax, what your sales tax is, how much plates cost, what the dealer doc fee actually is, hell what the MSRP on the vehicle is ;)

Figuring a $38k MSRP you're not getting that bad of a deal unless the Missouri dealer cash is higher. Again that is depending on what all fees are actually included

LTLFTcomposite said:
Careful you don't get too good a deal or you might wind up like this guy:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/09/man-arrested-for-accepting-a-good-deal-at-car-dealership/?hpt=hp_c3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This deserves it's own thread... Dealers are amazing. That they had him arrested is really hard to fathom...

DaveinOlyWA said:
2.2 million dollar lawsuit. he wont win i but i bet he gets enough to pay off that car!
Well, maybe. But after the lawyers get their share............................ :lol:

Back