Trying to find the right one, picked up a used 2011 SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013 SV does not have the quickcharge port. Too bad, but not a deal breaker.

So far, I'm ready to go for it. The only issue will come if there are misrepresentations. In that case, I get the deposit back.

I have to say I'm a bit nervous but also excited!

I had to leave my TDI at home due to the exhaust pipe clamp coming apart yet again. I do like that car quite a bit, but leaving fuel filters and exhaust systems behind won't pain me a bit!

Ben

If it's the one in the picture with the open hatch, it looks like it's missing the SD card in that pic... (the blue screen on the nav). That means the radio, Bluetooth, navigation and charge timers are all disabled until you get the card. Definitely make sure you have a plan in place to get that SD card if they don't have it on hand... maybe don't take delivery of the car until that's fixed? It was a dealbreaker on one of my LEAFs, as the dealer quoted me $800 to replace it. I told him it should be $179 if they want to sell the car, as Navigation.com sells them for that price (if you have all the necessary info, and it's not known how to get all that info except from the dealer), and they disagreed, so I walked.

Wow, ishiyakazuo, what a good catch!
This picture is suspicious to me as well.
used-2013-nissan-leaf-4drhatchbacksv-8709-13799368-23-640.jpg

Though, this one and some others show the nav. working, it appears.
used-2013-nissan-leaf-4drhatchbacksv-8709-13799368-19-640.jpg

Here is the full listing at the used car dealer.

The claim is that at ~11k miles, it is "like new". So, clearly missing the SD card is not "like new".

Post purchase changes that I'm considering:
Rear storage cover, ~$130 - eBay
Back-up camera, $__?__ - Junkyards?
Home L2 EVSE,
Recommendations?

So far, this is still a "go". I got a recommendation for a battery health check at the dealer. I'm not sure if I can make that happen. I see that it has 12 battery Capacity bars.
used-2013-nissan-leaf-4drhatchbacksv-8709-13799368-16-640.jpg

How much does this actually mean?

Again, thanks for the comments!

Ben

Definitely that first pic is showing it without an SD card... hopefully they didn't just find a picture with an active nav from another LEAF to get you in the door. Might want to call ahead and find out if they have the card.

Well, the used car dealer doesn't have the SD card.
The SD card was removed by the auction house, so they don't get stolen.
The SD cards stay with the titles.
The titles are typically delivered with the cars.
For re-aquired vehicles the auction house holds the titles until the final customer acknowledgment is signed (so that the final buyer doesn't get cheated by a dealer misrepresenting it as totally clean).
All fine so far. Not convenient, but OK.

As for the pictures of the Nav. those came from another Leaf. Not so good!

I called, asked the owner, he checked into the whole deal and sounded sheepish about the situation. Also, he is is being very flexible about what happens next. He is representing it as "like new" and this doesn't qualify. So, he doesn't want me to come in the door until the car is as he says it is. Otherwise a big waste of time.

So, the SD card will be FedEx'd to the dealer. Once the dealership owner (Bill) confirms that it is truly in "like new" condition, then I'll take the chance and drive over (about 2 hours).

I am even wondering when I need to bail on the deal. So far, Bill appears to be considerate and up-front. Now, one could say that the owner is responsible for everything that all of his employees do and things like this should not happen (misrepresent the vehicle with pictures from a different car). I feel that he has taken responsibility by telling me what happened, once asked. Not ideal, maybe too trusting (gullible). We'll see.

Ben

I took the plunge.
I purchased the 2013 SV on Saturday. Automotive Avenue in Wall, NJ was quite good about everything. I drove two 2013 SV's back to back. Both seemed to be good, most important to me is that they felt the same. I've heard of a used Leaf owner who is not happy. His Leaf is sluggish and has less than expected range and Nissan says it's fine.

Anyway, my 105 mile drive home included two 45 min. charging stops. I'll need to figure out what charging network cards to get, I have none so far. Eric, an i3 owner and BMW sales guy at Thompson BMW in Doylestown, PA helped me out.

I'm really enjoying the car so far. My favorite part is giving people their first chance to drive an EV.

I need to figure out a good charge timer schedule. I think 80% for most weekdays and 100% on weekends should be a good balance. Got any good thread recommendations for me?

Until I get a Level 2 EVSE, I'm not going to bother with climate timers.

Thanks for the help so far.

Ben

Back