Should I buy or should I wait

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you'll save a lot of money by waiting. here's an illustration why:

back in the 80's I considered buying one of IBM's new personal computers built around Intel's 8086 chip. but a friend counseled me to wait until the new 286 chip came out cuz it would be a lot faster. when it did finally appear I was told to wait for the much rumored 386 chip. I did, but then I decided to wait for the much faster 486, and then the 586, and so on.

now I've delayed the purchase of my very first personal computer until the new analog computers arrive (http://www.wired.com/2013/07/analogfuture/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). in the meantime I've saved untold amounts of money.

I would definitely wait until the next big thing.

rhumbliner said:
you'll save a lot of money by waiting. here's an illustration why:

back in the 80's I considered buying one of IBM's new personal computers built around Intel's 8086 chip. but a friend counseled me to wait until the new 286 chip came out cuz it would be a lot faster. when it did finally appear I was told to wait for the much rumored 386 chip. I did, but then I decided to wait for the much faster 486, and then the 586, and so on.

now I've delayed the purchase of my very first personal computer until the new analog computers arrive (http://www.wired.com/2013/07/analogfuture/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). in the meantime I've saved untold amounts of money.

I would definitely wait until the next big thing.
If you've been able to get by all these years without one, you clearly don't need a computer anyway :lol:

I recommend that you wait. One evening this winter when it was 15F and windy I was unable to drive 55 miles without stopping to charge. This was in a three-year-old LEAF on the verge of losing its first capacity bar. In Canada you will deal with even colder temperatures and perhaps more wind.

Back