SF Bay Area - any reason to get Parking Decal from DMV ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wishboneash said:
Since the charging is free, I bet an enterprising ICE owner who wants to steal power could set up a charging station with a battery bank in his/her car to "transport" the power home. Hence the parking sticker. A real EV owner would never do that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently it happened at the Sunnyvale Fry's. After a little surveillance they asked owner of the van with the huge bank of batteries inside to cut it out.

arnold

You know, I sure could have used a charging dock at Frys a few weeks ago. My wife and I were at the San Jose Brokaw Rd. Frys, which is only 25 miles from our house, but we'd been driving around a bit before we got there. I wasn't worried about getting home, but I was looking for a particular computer and they were out of stock. The salesman looked it up, and said they had some at the Fremont store, which, he said, was, "what, maybe five miles from here." Well, that was five miles the wrong direction for me, but I figured it would still be doable. I remembered seeing that store from 680, but didn't remember which exit. So I took Montague from 880 to 680 and started north.

Five miles, ha! I'd gone 11 miles when I hit Mission Blvd, and still no Frys. That, I decided, was the limit of my range, and I turned around. It turns out I only had another mile to go, and even 120v charging while in the store would have gotten me back into my comfort zone.

Yeah, yeah, I know. That's what the nav unit is for, but I don't got no truck with them new-fangled thangs.

Ray

arnolddeleon said:
wishboneash said:
Since the charging is free, I bet an enterprising ICE owner who wants to steal power could set up a charging station with a battery bank in his/her car to "transport" the power home. Hence the parking sticker. A real EV owner would never do that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently it happened at the Sunnyvale Fry's. After a little surveillance they asked owner of the van with the huge bank of batteries inside to cut it out.

arnold

Unbelievable.... the gall

I got my parkign sticker in the mail today. Anyone have a suggestion about where it should go? The instructions are a little vague: "Place decal on drivers side rear window or rear bumper of the vehicle". I've heard people had trouble getting them replaced after getting rear-ended. Is the window the best place?

JohnOver said:
I got my parkign sticker in the mail today. Anyone have a suggestion about where it should go? The instructions are a little vague: "Place decal on drivers side rear window or rear bumper of the vehicle". I've heard people had trouble getting them replaced after getting rear-ended. Is the window the best place?
Doesn't seem vague to me. Anyway I'd pick the window, thinking that removal from the glass would be easier than from a painted surface. I figure you're about as likely to replace a window as you are a bumper.

Back