September Order : Feb 2011 Delivery ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cdub said:
Of course they could refuse to pass any new funding for it.
No appropriation needed for the 7.5K credit. The problem is only with the 50% EVSE credit.

I think on many of these items - if the speaker is willing - the bills will easily pass with dems and a few republicans. Problem is only with the senate - but in matters of finance the senate just needs 50% votes.

Look for major fights on Bush tax cuts and such high visibility political topics. Not on bi-partisan pork projects ... esp. like this one seen as "business friendly".

Reserved: 4/20. (Red)
Ordered: 9/2
Delivery: Pending, WHY?????

Have no idea, I thought the delivery's were based on Reserved, but Nissan told me ordered, so I guess those 3 days I moved from one dealer to another has cost me a month or two?

So I guess February (if I'm lucky) instead of December, which is still fine, but a little disappointed but still very thankful Nissan is creating such a great car at a great price!

Here was the note from Nissan.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Delivery is based on when an order is complete. Order timing is based on when a reservation was placed and the market that you live in. As you may already know, delivery is an estimated 3 to 4 months after completing your order. Once a more precise time frame for delivery is available, you will be notified. This information will also be posted to your online reservation account. We do expect this information to be updated soon. We appreciate your patience in this matter. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

My situation exactly. I'm not sure what kind of calendar Nissan is using, but my calendar says that three to four months after 2010/09/02 is sometime between 2010/12/02 and 2011/01/02. So why still pending when others have been told February?

ok, planet4ever, if I hear something, I'll let you know, and you please do the same.
I think feb is probably the worst, and that's not so bad. I'm not sure why the blackout of knowledge, I'm pretty sure our cars have been scheduled for production at this point (but my dealer has not told me this)

jludwi2 said:
Reserved: 4/20. (Red)
Ordered: 9/2
Delivery: Pending, WHY?????

Have no idea, I thought the delivery's were based on Reserved, but Nissan told me ordered, so I guess those 3 days I moved from one dealer to another has cost me a month or two?

So I guess February (if I'm lucky) instead of December, which is still fine, but a little disappointed but still very thankful Nissan is creating such a great car at a great price!

Here was the note from Nissan.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Delivery is based on when an order is complete. Order timing is based on when a reservation was placed and the market that you live in. As you may already know, delivery is an estimated 3 to 4 months after completing your order. Once a more precise time frame for delivery is available, you will be notified. This information will also be posted to your online reservation account. We do expect this information to be updated soon. We appreciate your patience in this matter. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I'll bet ya that this email from Nissan was from a temp, and not a Supervisor. I've been told a zillion times by Yvonne (a Nissan Sup) that it is reservation date/time/region, NOT order date/time/region. She has "assured" me that my delay in ordering will not effect my delivery date. She also told me that many people are in the same situation as myself. We'll see if she's truthful soon.

LEAFfan said:
I'll bet ya that this email from Nissan was from a temp, and not a Supervisor. I've been told a zillion times by Yvonne (a Nissan Sup) that it is reservation date/time/region, NOT order date/time/region. She has "assured" me that my delay in ordering will not effect my delivery date. She also told me that many people are in the same situation as myself. We'll see if she's truthful soon.

Yes, but if Nissan is really "hand picking" the first 50 deliveries, then that shows that they will manipulate the 'list' for delieveries however they see fit. Which means they'll adjust it in any way that works best for them.....running 10 RAT Blue cars at once on the production line because it's easier on the painting booth (you ordered RED? Sorry, that run will be next week!), putting 100 cars on the boat ALL destined for Seattle because they have 10 trucks going that way after the boat arrives, etc. If they do that, then nothing any supe/customer support person/PD says will mean much.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer.... ;) Business is business, and part of that means telling the customer what they want to hear.

With the automated painting, it might well be that every car passing down the line can be a different color, with no "color batches" at all?

The production "sequencing" could take everything from accessory availability to shipping and delivery into consideration.

The "first 50" might be having their extra road (track) testing being done now, and be scheduled to be loaded onto a ship this week.

But, actual production of the first 500 might already be complete. Or, perhaps the 500 build will happen only after the extra road-tests are complete, and fixes (if any) are incorporated into the assembly.

And, will they use YOUR LEAF for the crash test? :lol:

Drumroll, excitement building.

Ok, I'm starting to understand the timing a little bit.
They notified the December and January delivers today (November 23rd).

So that means, we aren't Dec/Jan people. :(. I think/hope that most of the deliveries will happen early rather than later, but it seems to mean that we can expect the February orders to be notified in about a month. So hopefully sometimes around Christmas my status will finally change from "Pending" to "February".

I'd like to do a little research, because the delay for me seems to be based on the fact that my order was delayed for 3 days as my initial dealer couldn't offer me a good price. But oh well.

At least they've started the ball rolling in a big way. This is very exciting, and overall, waiting a month or two is not a big deal unless you are riding you bike and I'm not.

jludwi2 said:
Ok, I'm starting to understand the timing a little bit.
They notified the December and January delivers today (November 23rd).

So that means, we aren't Dec/Jan people. :(. I think/hope that most of the deliveries will happen early rather than later, but it seems to mean that we can expect the February orders to be notified in about a month. So hopefully sometimes around Christmas my status will finally change from "Pending" to "February".

I'd like to do a little research, because the delay for me seems to be based on the fact that my order was delayed for 3 days as my initial dealer couldn't offer me a good price. But oh well.

At least they've started the ball rolling in a big way. This is very exciting, and overall, waiting a month or two is not a big deal unless you are riding you bike and I'm not.

I'm in the delayed 3 days crowd myself (well, actually, looks like 4)... same status as you, so we'll see.

My account opened for RAQ on Sep 1, and I submitted my request within an hour of getting the notification. Unfortunately my dealer was out of the office that day, so I didn't get an actual order I could agree to until Sep 2. I'm feeling pretty bummed about the whole thing.

Hi, congratulations! Your vehicle is scheduled to arrive at your Nissan Dealer in the month of March 2011.

As your Nissan LEAF™ is being built and shipped, we will continue to update your vehicle's status. So make sure to sign in to "my account" to stay current with your estimated delivery date.

Please be aware that it is normal for delivery dates to fluctuate by a few days as production is finalized. Should your delivery date change by more than two weeks, we will send you an email to notify you of the change.

Order: Sep 1st, now also showing April.

I guess the 4-7 months meant 7 months.

I think the initial message should have been 6-9 months.
Better to beat your target and surprise people rather than disappoint people.

Back