Seems like Santa Monica Nissan Out Of Business..

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertJay

I drove by Santa Monica Nissan. Its seems like they are Out Of Business..

No cars in the showroom, or lots ,and their EV chargers are also gone

Maybe it turned into a cases like http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20011130&slug=nissan300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20021109&slug=dealers09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? Those two Nissan dealers in question never re-opened.

For awhile, Melody's Nissan in Bellevue had a paper sign saying that they were "closed today". That signed remained for MANY days and weeks... (Eastside Nissan is in a totally different location and opened MANY years later. Unclear if they're affiliated.)

RobertJay said:
I drove by Santa Monica Nissan. Its seems like they are Out Of Business..

No cars in the showroom, or lots ,and their EV chargers are also gone

I think they moved; there's a Nissan dealer on Santa Monica and Centinela now.

I don't know if this is a fact but I heard they were caught selling windmill kits that mount on the roof of the LEAF to charge the car when driving. They claimed it would extend the range 50 miles and it was only good for 45 so they were shut down from many BB complaints. That's what I heard.

Exactly what is happening in another thread, in fact (LED DRLs)! He needs to at least put a :lol: at the end of such things so those who don't know him as well will know he is kidding...

garygid said:
More useless, misleading verbage that you apparently think is funny?
When you have something true to say, very few will be paying attention, I suspect.

EVDRIVER said:
I don't know if this is a fact but I heard they were caught selling windmill kits that mount on the roof of the LEAF to charge the car when driving. They claimed it would extend the range 50 miles and it was only good for 45 so they were shut down from many BB complaints. That's what I heard.

LOL! :lol: :lol:

Now....that's funny. I don't see how anyone could read this and think EVDriver was serious. Lighten up, folks. I like his posts.

Closing this dealership means I must take my Leaf to downtown LA Nissan for any service.
Not good at all. Traffic is always terrible!
I bet they will not shuttle me back home on the West side of LA.

If I had known there would be no Nissan Dealer nearby I probably would not have purchased the car.

Larry

^^^
Complain to Nissan, maybe they might do something or make that area/market available for another Nissan dealer to open up.

According to the manager I spoke to at Stadium Nissan in Seattle, something the latter happened when Pacific (Downtown Seattle) Nissan closed (when I was away from the Seattle area) and Stadium Nissan popped up later, in a different part of Seattle.

That said, it may not do anything. Years ago, when both Melody's Nissan dealers closed, that meant I had no Nissan dealer near me nor my work yet there was an Infiniti dealer a lot closer than the closest Nissan dealer. I believe I complained to Nissan asking for some exception so that I could take my Nissans to that Infiniti dealer for warranty work. It didn't do any good. No go on Nissan warranty work there.

Seems Karma paid them a visit :D

And last I heard Paul Scott is starting work at another Nissan dealership that values its Leaf customers.

Really, you can't drive to LA every year or two to have your battery checked by a dealer? It is an EV, almost no service needed. Try to be happy about the lack of service needed, most of the rest of us are. If your'e still upset and want to sell me your Leaf for 10k, i'll take it off your hands. I could use a second Leaf.

quote="larrys3255"]Closing this dealership means I must take my Leaf to downtown LA Nissan for any service.

If I had known there would be no Nissan Dealer nearby I probably would not have purchased the car.

Larry[/quote]

Time will tell. Santa Monica was also supposed to be such a dealer but we now know that they fell short of that on many fronts (Paul excepted)...

In any event, they are too far for me to go from either home or work (S.M. was only a few miles from where I usually work) unless it was something I could wait for and I happened to be in the neighborhood anyway...
johnr said:
And last I heard Paul Scott is starting work at another Nissan dealership that values its Leaf customers.

EVDrive said:
Really, you can't drive to LA every year or two to have your battery checked by a dealer? It is an EV, almost no service needed. Try to be happy about the lack of service needed, most of the rest of us are. If your'e still upset and want to sell me your Leaf for 10k, i'll take it off your hands. I could use a second Leaf.

quote="larrys3255"]Closing this dealership means I must take my Leaf to downtown LA Nissan for any service.

Larry
[/quote]

True, EVs don't need much work as my last three did not but my LEAF has been in three times. Thinks are going wrong and if you say need a new heat pump it's a bitch for some to go far in LA.

Back