Seat Heaters battery draw

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougWantsALeaf

Does anyone know how much current the seat heaters draw. When running them I don't see any increase on the dashboard energy usage, nor any drop in the GOW. Does anyone know much much impact running the seats for an hour or two (have an SV) has on range?

Thank you in Advance

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10617" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Their power usage is tiny compared to the heater...

Randy said:
The aftermarket seat heaters I bought are rated something like 50-60 watts each...Noise in the scheme of 20,000-50,000 watt average traction battery usage...

scottf200 said:
Heated seats in general seem pretty efficent. As a point of reference here are the Volt's. (thanks for pauldon on gm-volt)

Low: 15 Watts - 33% duty cycle (30SecOn/(30+60))
Med: 30 Watts - 60% duty cycle (60SecOn/(60+40))
High: 45 Watts - ??% duty cycle

well to give an idea any kind of direct heating pad rarely if ever exceeds 50w, so I would near bet my life that it is probably on the 25 to 45w mark based on how toasty warm they feel!

The dashboard accessory power gauge does not actually measure the power, it uses pre-canned numbers for whatever is on... I'll bet that they didn't update it for the cold weather package...

DougWantsALeaf said:
Does anyone know how much current the seat heaters draw. When running them I don't see any increase on the dashboard energy usage, nor any drop in the GOW. Does anyone know much much impact running the seats for an hour or two (have an SV) has on range?

I measured the current draw when I got my 2012 SL, and as I recall it was about 5 amps at 12 volts (60 watts) for each of the front seats, but I don't remember what it was for the back seat.

Back