Saw a Leaf on the freeway yesterday

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Leaf was built in America.
I saw another one parked on Hwy 101 in Leucadia yesterday.
The owner wasn't nearby, but I tooted the horn in recognition just the same.

RedFlash said:
My Leaf was built in America.
As others have alluded to - not possible. The VIN tag will show otherwise.

But I did spot you a couple weeks ago turning north on El Camino at Mountain Vista - confirmed by noting your bumper sticker.

Ratz! Spotted my third Volt today. Light blue. Why are they always at Costco? Still looking for my first LEAF.

Y'know...unless I get a really good look, I'm never sure if I'm seeing a Volt, a Cruze, or a Malibu:

Volt:
Chevy-VOlt-Red.jpg

Cruze:
Chevrolet-Cruze.jpg

Malibu:
2009-Chevrolet-Malibu-08123231990001.jpg

Then again, there are several small cars I double-take on if they have any Leaf-y characteristics, too.

TRONZ said:
Ratz! Spotted my third Volt today. Light blue. Why are they always at Costco? Still looking for my first LEAF.

TRONZ, spend some time on the roads around UC Irvine. I've seen Omkar or Mrs. Omkar in their red LEAF several times. I also spotted a blue LEAF last Thursday at the Irvine Center Drive overpass over the 405.

Or wait a few weeks and see my Blue Ocean beauty. :lol:

I've seen two Volts around town, but No LEAFs yet. :cry:

I'll be so thankful when I finally get my Leaf so that I won't be stretching my neck like a crane everytime I see an autohauler cruising down the freeway to see if there any Leafs onboard.

Yesterday I saw my first highway Leaf around 5:00 pm when it passed me on Bonita Canyon and then turned right on Newport Coast (Newport Beach/Irvine/Newport Coast border area. I was trying to catch up but it turned left at or near Mariner Church or the next street. It was red in color and movin pretty good. Was it one of you?

That had to be Omkar (or his wife, not sure which is the racer in their family).

Hey, I just realized that Bonita Canyon is one lane in each direction with double yellow lines for no passing as I recall. How did he pass you?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw my first 'In the Wild' Leaf parked and taking some L1 at work yesterday. Blue and still with temporary tags. I was impressed with the size of the L1 EVSE 'brick' - it's huge!

Hopefully this will be a common sight in a few weeks...

RSH said:
Yesterday I saw my first highway Leaf around 5:00 pm when it passed me on Bonita Canyon and then turned right on Newport Coast (Newport Beach/Irvine/Newport Coast border area. I was trying to catch up but it turned left at or near Mariner Church or the next street. It was red in color and movin pretty good. Was it one of you?

Yup, that must have been me rushing home :) For the first couple months, I drove the Leaf pretty conservatively trying to maximize the miles I would get out of it. Then I stopped using Eco mode and have been zipping around ever since.

Boomer23 said:
That had to be Omkar (or his wife, not sure which is the racer in their family).

Hey, I just realized that Bonita Canyon is one lane in each direction with double yellow lines for no passing as I recall. How did he pass you?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's actually two lanes in each direction :D

omkar said:
RSH said:
Yup, that must have been me rushing home :) For the first couple months, I drove the Leaf pretty conservatively trying to maximize the miles I would get out of it. Then I stopped using Eco mode and have been zipping around ever since.

Welcome to the dark side! :twisted:

Saw a Sliver one in Rancho Penasquitos Vons complex few days ago. Licence plate numbers ended with 767 (i think). Would love spot one in my Driveway today. I have been praying to Nissan gods all week.

omkar said:
Boomer23 said:

It's actually two lanes in each direction :D

Oh, okay. I was thinking of the stretch between Culver and the Shady Canyon entrance past Bommer Canyon. I didn't realize it was called Bonita Canyon where it connects to Newport Coast. At least you're "legal" as you do your zipping around, Omkar.

Back