Saw a Leaf on the freeway yesterday

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lonndoggie said:
Of course you'll all recognize that isn't a personalized plate--it's Mossy, but not one of Leon's, this is from Oceanside (my dealer).

Take note the bumper sticker in the window. Holier than thou, O hybridian...
365b68921ca43b4b472a3538e052d3f9.jpg
Apparently this Leaf belongs to Encinitas city council member Jerome Stocks... Read near the bottom of this article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/feb/11/encinitas-scores-double-brick-dalager-green-bouque/

drees said:
Apparently this Leaf belongs to Encinitas city council member Jerome Stocks... Read near the bottom of this article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/feb/11/encinitas-scores-double-brick-dalager-green-bouque/

Porsche as a "small but conventional gas-powered car"? :lol:

drees said:

Ok, I'm removing that as my signature (in priuschat). Stocks is a denier.

Stocks may be skeptical about some of the claims about global warming...

Sounds like a couple of "Eco Libs", as they put it, have some catching up to do. If your gonna talk-the-talk then be ready to walk-the-walk.... or take your lumps in the press.

Stocks, a poster pol for hands-off government, has recently become the proud owner of a shiny new Leaf, Nissan’s all-electric car.

Given the asserted proclivities, surely he turned down the CARB rebate and won't be taking the tax deduction? (And didn't take the CSI incentive or the fed deduction for his solar installation). After all, wouldn't want to meddle with the free hand of the market...

evnow said:
I like that - "More Pious than a Prius" :lol:

That is going to be my signature in PriusChat :twisted:
The writers of Southpark will have a field day with this . . . for those of you that remember how they lambasted prius owners (Toyotas hybrid was in fact called, the "Pious") ... the smug in one episode got so bad from Pious owners that society began having toxic "smug alerts" in stead of smog alerts.

Hey! Thats me! I dropped my daughter off at Paul Ecke Central and then zoomed to work near Qualcomm Stadium in the "Red Flash" Leaf. My husband was HOT to get this car and started pushing the button the first second it was available for "wait list". I commute 25 miles each way to work and LOVE the Red Flash. I do try to keep it at 65 mph..... I have some range anxiety when I have other side trips but so far we haven't reached "turtle mode".

Saw a white Nissan Leaf in Milpitas (merging from CA237E to I880N) a week or so ago. It was quite late dusk and he/she did not have the headlights on! Probably trying to save some energy. Was ahead of me (I was in my MINI) and I quickly accelerated past him as he slowly picked up speed.

RedFlash said:
Hey! Thats me! I dropped my daughter off at Paul Ecke Central and then zoomed to work near Qualcomm Stadium in the "Red Flash" Leaf. My husband was HOT to get this car and started pushing the button the first second it was available for "wait list". I commute 25 miles each way to work and LOVE the Red Flash. I do try to keep it at 65 mph..... I have some range anxiety when I have other side trips but so far we haven't reached "turtle mode".
Welcome - so the car does belong to Jerome Stocks as the story (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/feb/11/encinitas-scores-double-brick-dalager-green-bouque/) says ?

I'm a fan of the slogan - though not of "Stocks may be skeptical about some of the claims about global warming".

Well today was a record. Two LEAF sightings on the way to work today. A white one on 237 and a red one about a block from my work, close to Yahoo in Sunnyvale. The white one I believe was taking the Carwings challenge a little too seriously or has some range issues. He was driving quite slow on the freeway...round 45 mph with all the windows fogged (but a patch in the front so he could still see).

I spotted my first LEAF in the wild this morning, around 10:45 am. Blue LEAF heading west on I405 in LA near Long Beach/South Bay. I thought it might have been mwalsh strolling in to work on the late side. But it had a manufacturer "562" license plate. Two people in deep conversation and driving in the right lane around 50 mph.

It was exciting to finally see one in the wild. My wife was talking and I'm chagrined to say that I interrupted her with a reflexive pointed finger and a loud "LEAF" exclamation.

Boomer23 said:
I spotted my first LEAF in the wild this morning, around 10:45 am. Blue LEAF heading west on I405 in LA near Long Beach/South Bay. I thought it might have been mwalsh strolling in to work on the late side. But it had a manufacturer "562" license plate. Two people in deep conversation and driving in the right lane around 50 mph.

It was exciting to finally see one in the wild. My wife was talking and I'm chagrined to say that I interrupted her with a reflexive pointed finger and a loud "LEAF" exclamation.
If I'm not mistaken, the "562"s are the vehicles Nissan used/uses for their tour and other corporate needs here in the US. But since, at least in our area, no one on the tours got to drive freeways, I wonder who was driving where?

It STILL counts as a sighting in the wild and STILL is a perfectly valid reason to interrupt one's spouse! :)

Glenn

Glenn said:
If I'm not mistaken, the "562"s are the vehicles Nissan used/uses for their tour and other corporate needs here in the US. But since, at least in our area, no one on the tours got to drive freeways, I wonder who was driving where?

It STILL counts as a sighting in the wild and STILL is a perfectly valid reason to interrupt one's spouse! :)

Glenn

Let's see what's going on in LA this weekend? Oh yeah, the NBA All Star Game and the surrounding media falderal. Let's start a rumor that they're lending a raft of LEAFs to NBA stars. Man, I'd love to see the Heat front line all packed into a LEAF!

Boomer23 said:

That's one of Nissan's PR cars. I had it last weekend and blogged about it here.

Here's a pic of it charging at my work.

DSC_4785.JPG

Wednesday, Nissan shipped it over to the next driver in Gardena.

Cool, Richard. Very nice blog post.

Maybe it was that one that I saw.

You didn't make that small ding on the rear bumper did you? Just kidding. :lol: (Smilie added, per protocol)

Back