San Diego Plug-in Electric Vehicle Day 9/28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Saturday 9/28 is National Plugin Vehicle Day.

Of course, in San Diego (like many cities), we're hosting a plugin event as well. We're looking to attract non-owners with a very nice ride and drive event (most major EVs will be represented). I haven't heard much talk about it, so I wanted to post the details in case anyone wants to attend that hasn't heard about it...It will be at Liberty Station and will start at 10am Saturday 9/28. I'll be there to help answer questions, so please stop by and say hello.....

Link for more information and to register:
http://energycenter.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1398&utm_source=evday&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=cvrp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ELECTRIC VEHICLE DAY
Charge Up & Take the Wheel
Presented by the Plug-In 2013 Conference & Exposition and National Plug In Day

Saturday, September 28, 2013
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Liberty Station
2401 Truxtun Road
San Diego, CA 92106

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!

Charged up about electric vehicles (EVs)? Bring your family and friends for this one-day-only opportunity to get “plugged into” the future of transportation.

And, if you already own an EV, come to the event, park it on display along with other cars belonging to EV drivers, and network with your local community as part of the National Plug In Day celebration. (Please note that this opportunity is on a first-come, first-served basis as parking spaces are limited.)

Attendees at ELECTRIC VEHICLE DAY can:
Get behind the wheel and test-drive a variety of EVs, including (subject to change): Chevy Spark EV
Chevy Volt
Fiat 500e
Ford C-Max Energi
Ford Focus EV
Ford Fusion Energi
GEM
Nissan LEAF
Toyota Plug-In Prius
Toyota RAV4 EV
VIA Motors Extended Cab Pick-up Truck
BMW i3 (passenger rides only)
Tesla Model S (passenger rides only)

Check out EV chargers and find out more about other plug-in technologies. Learn how easy it is to charge an EV at home or throughout the San Diego region, with more than 500 public charging stations available.

Get your questions answered from San Diego Gas & Electric about special EV rates that can help drivers pay the lowest price for EV fuel when charging from midnight to 5 a.m.

Learn about state and federal incentives available for zero-emission and plug-in electric vehicles from the EV experts from the California Center for Sustainable Energy.

Find out about life as an EV owner from your neighbors who already have made the switch to this cleaner, more energy-independent vehicle option.

Mark your calendars! Don’t miss out. Plan on joining us at San Diego’s ELECTRIC VEHICLE DAY on September 28!

I had no idea so many would be there tomorrow. 458 people registered, plus all these cars:

Vehicle Count
Nissan LEAF 37
Chevrolet Volt 10
Other 9
BMW ActiveE 7
Tesla Model S 7
Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later) 6
Fiat 500e 5
Ford Focus Electric 5
Ford C-Max Energi 4
Honda Fit EV 3
Fisker Karma 2
Ford Fusion Energi 2
Tesla Roadster 2
Brammo 1
Vectrix 1
Ford Ranger EV (1997-2003) 1
Toyota Plug-in Prius 1
Chevy Spark EV 1
Smart ForTwo Electric Drive 1
19 total 105

Yes, that's an amazing number of people. I think the interest level in our local events was about half of that last year. LA and SF Bay are neck and neck at about 200 registered cars. The LEAF seems to be about 50% in both places. This is consistent with what I see at work and other corporate campuses.

sd-npid-2013

Fantastic turnout!! Virtually every EV model on test drives, many hundreds of people, the food truck saved me from starvation <www.eatatrecess.com>, we had future cars (Cadillac ELR, BMW i3), other vendors and fun.

null_zpsdd1ff724.jpg

null_zps008df949.jpg

Back