'Revenge' tickets, courtesy of Nissan. Now in the Bay area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original post sounds like the free tickets are just for the LA opening? Or does this go beyond just CA?

I see that it opens next week here in Nashville.

But $40/person for the opening night... I'm sorry but at 26, I can find a much better way to spend $80 on a date. Neither of us are THAT eager to meet Chris Paine. I'll wait for one of the later/CHEAPER showings! I think we can enjoy the movie without meeting the director. :mrgreen:

Comp 'Revenge' ticket pair offering for the Bay area showings (Berkeley; SFO, Santa Rosa):

Nissan LEAF invites you to a a screening of REVENGE OF THE ELECTRIC CAR.

As a Nissan LEAF™ enthusiast, we know you love electric vehicles. So, we'd like to invite you and a guest to a screening of a film about them called Revenge of the Electric Car. It features the Nissan LEAF™, among other electric cars, and will be playing at a theater near you.

Just call 1-877-NO-GAS-EV (664-2738), and press #4 from the menu to choose where you want to see it and reserve your spot. There are limited spots available, so be sure to RSVP soon.* enjoy the show!

*Limited number of tickets available. Limit one pair of tickets per person. Limit one pair of tickets per person. RSVPs are based on a first-call basis to secure tickets. Hours to RSVP are 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. EST Mon-Fri and 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. EST Sat.

PLEASE VISIT THEATER WEBSITE FOR RUN OF SHOW INFORMATION
https://tickets.landmarktheatres.com/Ticketing.aspx?TheatreID=224" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mwalsh said:
Comp 'Revenge' ticket pair offering for the Bay area showings (Berkeley; SFO, Santa Rosa)

Thanks for the heads-up. I've got two tickets coming for the Shattuck Theatre in Berkeley.

TNleaf said:
The original post sounds like the free tickets are just for the LA opening? Or does this go beyond just CA?

But $40/person for the opening night... I'm sorry but at 26, I can find a much better way to spend $80 on a date. Neither of us are THAT eager to meet Chris Paine. I'll wait for one of the later/CHEAPER showings! I think we can enjoy the movie without meeting the director. :mrgreen:

wow!! only $8 ea in Portland and Chris Paine will be there. come on over!!

mwalsh said:
Comp 'Revenge' ticket pair offering for the Bay area showings (Berkeley; SFO, Santa Rosa):

Just call 1-877-NO-GAS-EV (664-2738), and press #4 from the menu to choose where you want to see it and reserve your spot. There are limited spots available, so be sure to RSVP soon.* enjoy the show!
Just got mine, thank you for the heads-up Mike!

DaveinOlyWA said:
TNleaf said:

wow!! only $8 ea in Portland and Chris Paine will be there. come on over!!

Nissan ended up getting us free tickets to the opening night. Got to meet Chris Paine and they had a very nice open-bar after party. Fun times.

The Portland Premiere of Revenge of the Electric Car is November 4th. Our local EV community is pulling out all the stops to support the premiere.

1) We have sponsored free parking for EVs at the theater.
2) We have a procession of EVs that will be driving in front of the theater.
3) We have blocked off one of the streets next to the theater and will have an EV display there.

Additionally, Chris Paine will be here and he will hold a Q&A session after the 7PM screening.

You can read more of the details here: http://goo.gl/FJRCx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anything you can do promote the film and specifically the Portland event is much appreciated.

mwalsh said:
Comp 'Revenge' ticket pair offering for the Bay area showings (Berkeley; SFO, Santa Rosa)
No comp tickets for the Aquarius Theatre in Palo Alto? I think I would rather pay for tickets at the Aquarius than pay for parking or Bart for the Embarcadero. Besides I might even be able to get a charge in Palo Alto and Chris Paine and Greg "Gadget" Abbott is supposed to be there Saturday evening. Oh and I saw 'Who Killed the Electric Car' at the Aquarius so I think it is fitting to see 'Revenge' there too.

Spies said:
mwalsh said:
No comp tickets for the Aquarius Theatre in Palo Alto? I think I would rather pay for tickets at the Aquarius than pay for parking or Bart for the Embarcadero. Besides I might even be able to get a charge in Palo Alto and Chris Paine and Greg "Gadget" Abbott is supposed to be there Saturday evening. Oh and I saw 'Who Killed the Electric Car' at the Aquarius so I think it is fitting to see 'Revenge' there too.
I called Nissan CS and confirmed that the comp tickets are only for the Bay area showings in Berkeley, SFO and Santa Rosa. The Nissan rep told me that the Palo Alto show was effectively sold out and over capacity, so they weren't offering comp tickets to it. I went online http://www.landmarktheatres.com/Films/films_frameset.asp?id=108210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and booked a ticket for the Aquarius Theatre (Palo Alto, CA showing Saturday, November 5 at the 5:15pm where Filmmaker Chris Paine and film subject Greg "Gadget" Abbott will appear In Person. So there are some tickets left, bit I have no idea how many.

I called Nissan CS and only tickets for San Francisco Landmark Embarcadero are available. Went to the Landmark Embarcadero site and noticed at least a few good tidbits.

First, "Free four-hour validated parking is available after 5 PM Monday-Friday and after 10 AM Saturday & Sunday at any Embarcadero Center Parking Garage. With validation, reduced rates apply at all other times." (http://www.landmarktheatres.com/market/SanFrancisco/EmbarcaderoCenterCinema.htm)

Second, "One Week Only! Starts Friday, November 4 at the Embarcadero Center Cinema Filmmaker Chris Paine with Tesla VP Ricardo Reyes & Film Subject Greg Abbott In Person Fri, Nov 4 at 7:30pm! Chris Paine at All Shows Sun, Nov 6!" (http://www.landmarktheatres.com/Market/SanFrancisco/SanFrancisco_Frameset.htm)

Not so sure if I can make it to the Friday showing, so if I don't make it, I'll likely go on Sunday.

waitingforaleaf said:
Not so sure if I can make it to the Friday showing, so if I don't make it, I'll likely go on Sunday.
Go on Sunday if you can, there will be an afterparty at Le Meridien:

http://heartofgreen.typepad.com/heart_of_green/2011/10/revenge-of-the-electric-car.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

waitingforaleaf said:
First, "Free four-hour validated parking is available after 5 PM Monday-Friday and after 10 AM Saturday & Sunday at any Embarcadero Center Parking Garage. With validation, reduced rates apply at all other times."
I wonder if they validate for comp tickets.

I called the box office and the person I spoke with claimed that they do, but again after the issues with customer service I've had in the past couple days I'm not fully convinced by the statements of a single person.

In any case, even if they don't validate for tickets directly, you'd just need a $10 minimum purchase from select stores at Embarcadero center for the validation (http://www.embarcaderocenter.com/ec/about/directions.html#parking)

Back