REFUEL 2013 at Laguna Seca [Update: Nissan will provide qc]

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car #21, sitting here by the registration/classroom waiting for our 9:30 instruction. Watching the guy next to me cover his MS in blue painters tape. Is he just paranoid or am I not paranoid enough? I'm told that because we're spaced out it's no worse than driving on the freeway unless you go off in the gravel. Let's hope that doesn't happen! :lol:

If you wanna come ride shotgun, come find me.

Wow, that was a blast. Long day for me though, I'm relaxing and recovering today. I think I did great for my first time ever on a track. I was consistently middle of the pack!

GeekEV said:
Wow, that was a blast. Long day for me though, I'm relaxing and recovering today. I think I did great for my first time ever on a track. I was consistently middle of the pack!
Glad you had fun, GeekEV! Watch out, though, HPDEs can be addictive. You can easily find yourself falling down the slippery slope of speed. It starts with minor upgrades just to get a little more performance out of your car, and ends with a dedicated track car, trailer and tow vehicle, to haul multiple sets of wheels and tires, spares and tools to make sure you don't miss a session or can't get home from a distant track if you do break something you can't fix easily. Don't ask me how I know this...

Laguna Seca is a great track, definitely an E-ticket ride down the corkscrew, but you have Sears Point and Thunderhill right up there too, just waiting to be driven. :D
TT

GeekEV said:
Here's my GoPro footage if you want to check it out. Click the YouTube icon for more details and links to specific sessions:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp9vYqz1HAs[/youtube]

A friend let me drive his Tesla Roadster there and drive it around the track. Super fun...

Back