Question on miles per Kw

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you are talking about batteries driving electric motors, the physics definitions of power and energy are the ones to use. It appears that everyone else in this thread understands that. "How can you be so obtuse? Is it deliberate?" **

** Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

nerys said:
From a language perspective i am using the word correctly.

Tell me why i am not.
Ok:
I read the gom as a prediction of how far it thinks i can go. Ie its ability to do something.

The definition of power is the ability to do something.
No, "work" is the ability to do something (another name for work is "energy"). Power is the rate at which something can be done. You can use an amorphous colloquial definition of "power", as in "political power" or some such thing, to try to claim otherwise, but it has no meaning in reference to the GOM or the miles that an EV can travel.
nerys said:
You did not answer any of my questions. Are you intentiinally ontuse?
You keep repeating this yet it is flagrantly false since the questions have been answered, accurately, over and over before, to no avail. So, what's the point? If it makes you happy to think you've "won", fine. Others here know otherwise.

And yet you can not quote such a post?

And no the definition of power is the ability to do something

I have not looked up the definition of work yet..

Or did you miss the link i posted?

Request for moderator to ignore last request

Definition of work

activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.

Not the same as power

Power is ability to do something work is the actual application of the power potential doing it.

Back