Purchased a used LEAF :(

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a new used Leaf owner and just read through this whole thread. I also have a Chevy Volt and use a Clipper Creek EVSE. I was experiencing the same problems that you were with the charge stopping intermittently. I finally tracked it down to the the EVSE. I called Clipper Creek and they had me read the lights that were being displayed on the EVSE when the charging stopped. After playing around with the plug, they finally deduced that it was the EVSE. They sent me a new one since it was still under warranty. Put the new one in and things have been fine. I have had no problems with charging the Volt, and now no problems charging the Leaf. It's been about 8-9 months since replacement of the EVSE.

Cliff
2013 Leaf
2014 Volt

I talked to Clipper Creek a couple of weeks ago and explained what happened with my Leaf. He asked if I had a Volt as well, which I had. He then stated that the connector in the Volt is looser than the one in the Leaf and it eventually degrades the connector. I'm waiting on a replacement cable.

bwatl said:
I talked to Clipper Creek a couple of weeks ago and explained what happened with my Leaf. He asked if I had a Volt as well, which I had. He then stated that the connector in the Volt is looser than the one in the Leaf and it eventually degrades the connector. I'm waiting on a replacement cable.
I hope the connector he's talking about isn't one of the high current connectors. A lose connection in that circuit wouldn't not only degrade(due to heat) the Clipper Creek plug but also possibly the vehicles connector, NOT a good scenario and much more expensive to replace than an EVSE.

Back