Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greenwayleaf said:
Took delivery of the car at 5 PM today, in the middle of a steady rainfall, only fitting for an Oregon resident! Was told it was the last one of the LEAFs they had received. Based on initial driving impression, from Hillsboro to Beaverton (TV HWY), must say that I am quite impressed. Now back to my reading assignment (of owners manual). :D

Congrats, we're gonna have to get some kinda a get together together. :D

FYI to others waiting. My May 06 delivery data came and went. CS said the car was in Long Beach port waiting in line for accessories to be added. The accessories themselves are apparrently at the port, but take additional time. The additional software update of course added a bit of wait. So based on other's comments, they will want to have a full train car, which adds some delay, and then based on others comments it apparrently takes 10 to 14 days to travel by train to its ultimate destination (loading, unloading, local truck transport, etc...)

BTW, I reserved at about 11am on 4/20 but couldn't order until Nov. I sold my 96 Buick Roadmaster wagon that had 75K miles to my neighbor. I loved that car. But going electric is worth the switch. I just wish Nissan offered simulated wood panels and a third seat in the back. And a roof panel. And a LT-1, well, maybe not the LT-1.

Anywho, I hope this helps others who are patiently waiting. Your comments have eased my wait and I appreciate your thoughtful responses. Hopefully, some day EVs will be everywhere and we'll wonder what the fuss was about. My elementay school daughters asked me what technology changes I experienced when I was a kid. They're excited about the electric car, but take it a bit for granted. I thought back to my youth and at first said it was moving from black and white tv to color. But then I remembered an even bigger technical leap for me was going from a rotary phone to a push button. The kids didn't know what I was talking about.

Here's to the new Leafmaster.

pdxleaf said:
FYI to others waiting. My May 06 delivery data came and went. CS said the car was in Long Beach port waiting in line for accessories to be added. The accessories themselves are apparrently at the port, but take additional time. The additional software update of course added a bit of wait. So based on other's comments, they will want to have a full train car, which adds some delay, and then based on others comments it apparrently takes 10 to 14 days to travel by train to its ultimate destination (loading, unloading, local truck transport, etc...)

BTW, I reserved at about 11am on 4/20 but couldn't order until Nov. I sold my 96 Buick Roadmaster wagon that had 75K miles to my neighbor. I loved that car. But going electric is worth the switch. I just wish Nissan offered simulated wood panels and a third seat in the back. And a roof panel. And a LT-1, well, maybe not the LT-1.

Anywho, I hope this helps others who are patiently waiting. Your comments have eased my wait and I appreciate your thoughtful responses. Hopefully, some day EVs will be everywhere and we'll wonder what the fuss was about. My elementay school daughters asked me what technology changes I experienced when I was a kid. They're excited about the electric car, but take it a bit for granted. I thought back to my youth and at first said it was moving from black and white tv to color. But then I remembered an even bigger technical leap for me was going from a rotary phone to a push button. The kids didn't know what I was talking about.

Here's to the new Leafmaster.
My week of May 2nd has come and gone too (Ordered Oct 24) and I had similar conversation with Nissan CS. My dealer showed a delivery date of May 5th but I haven't heard a word from them or Nissan since talking to them early last week.

The LEAF would look good as a woodie. http://www.stripeman.com/woodgrain-decal.htm

Lynza said:
I saw my first Leaf in the wild yesterday. Anyone out in Hillsboro at Freddy's with a bike license plate?

That would be me! I've seen several Leafs out in the wild over the past week. Even parked next to one at Bandito Taco/Bobalicious yesterday. Seems like a lot of us Portlanders went for the silver. Still happy with that choice after 3 months.
If you see a silver one with bike plates and a bike rack, give me (or my wife) a wave.

bowthom said:
Congrats, we're gonna have to get some kinda a get together together. :D

Thanks to all the well wishers. Get-together certainly sounds good. Lets get something worked out, hopefully somewhere with ample parking space. The sight of all the LEAFS parked together will sure be interesting!

To people still waiting and wondering where their car is. Received a call from Nissan CS this morning and was told my LEAF and many others are still in Long Beach. Apparently the LEAF's are covered in pollen and will need to be well detailed before Nissan will ship them. They are also waiting for a full train load up north before they ship. My new delivery date is week of May 22nd if I remember but no later than May 30th.

If anyone can't wait or wants TWO Leafs, there's a car in PDX available. I seriously considered getting two, but will wait for mine to get here when it's shipped May 16 and stick with our Cube as our second car.

I got an email from the dealer because we bought our Cube from them. (We ended up ordering from Wilsonville because they gave us invoice on car and accessories.)

The car on the lot is an SL-e model in glacier pearl, MSRP - $34570 but has an after-market power moonroof($2500). Haven't seen it or heard the story.

Because it's an -e, you get the l3 charger hookup included.

Here's the contact info:
Chris Harshman <[email protected]>
Internet Director
Nissan of Portland
1212 NE 122nd Ave
Portland, Or 97206
503-251-3349

Dealer just emailed and said they sold the car.

Anyone we know buy it? Curious about the moonroof addition.

--------------------------

pdxleaf said:
Dealer just emailed and said they sold the car.

Anyone we know buy it? Curious about the moonroof addition.

--------------------------
Seems strange that someone would have a moonroof installed and then not buy it.

My dashboard delivery date just changed from week of May 23rd to May 18th! I hope it is right this time.

patrick0101 said:
My dashboard delivery date just changed from week of May 23rd to May 18th! I hope it is right this time.
My date remains at May 6th, as it has been for months. I've stopped considering it an indicator of *anything*.

Jim

--------------------------[/quote]Seems strange that someone would have a moonroof installed and then not buy it.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking too, wierd.

The dealer was part of the forum earlier but had forgotten about it. Said he'd keep it in mind for the future if and when other cars get passed over. There may be opportunities like this for those in the May 1st reservation group or others who have a long wait for delivery. I suspect more people will get cold feet.

But adding a moonroof? Can't figure it.

patrick0101 said:

I'm guessing your car was shipped today along with all the other OR and WA cars so I would be surprised if it made it to your dealer by May 18th, but remember, that May 18th means 'week of May 18th' so that would be from the 18th -25th.

Hello,
I went to Rustom and looked at the glacier white moonroof Leaf yesterday (vin in the 1500's). They did a nice job installing it, real clean and not too much headroom used up. They have 3 Leaf's hanging out waiting to be picked up. Exciting for those new owners!

bowthom said:
...They have 3 Leaf's hanging out waiting to be picked up. Exciting for those new owners!
You would think that if they can ship 3 Leafs up here, they could ship 300. Heck, backorder the accessories if necessary but get them off that dock in Long Beach!

HIOJim said:
bowthom said:
...They have 3 Leaf's hanging out waiting to be picked up. Exciting for those new owners!
You would think that if they can ship 3 Leafs up here, they could ship 300. Heck, backorder the accessories if necessary but get them off that dock in Long Beach!
Do they still have you on hold Jim?

healy100 said:
HIOJim said:
bowthom said:
Do they still have you on hold Jim?
As far as I know, yes. Joel at Willsonville Nissan basically said 'I'll call you when the car arrives'. I took that to mean "Don't call us; we'll call you" :)

Update: I called CS and after playing with a glacierly slow computer system for 10 minutes the nice lady said that my car was 'now a 5', which means 'Assigned for shipment', which she claims means it is on 'some sort of vehicle'.

HIOJim said:
Joel at Willsonville Nissan basically said 'I'll call you when the car arrives'.
Joel is taking today off today and they said no one else can give out Leaf info :(
I just wanted to know if my car was there on the lot or not.

Joel has been telling me don't call us well call you for months.lol I don't think he knows anymore then we do about delivery's. He said he doesn't even know whats coming in until the truck arrives because of Nissan's lack of dealer communication.. The last update I got was from Nissan corporate CS on the 12th telling me my car and others were being shipped the 16th. Maybe yours is on that train too.?

patrick0101 said:
HIOJim said:
Joel at Willsonville Nissan basically said 'I'll call you when the car arrives'.
Joel is taking today off today and they said no one else can give out Leaf info :(
I just wanted to know if my car was there on the lot or not.
That's BS, as all the guys know how to enter a VIN into their info system. When I was there, Joel didn't do it but asked another salesman instead. So it's not rocket science.

Back