Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lynza said:
Oliver: I have been noticing some decline in my total mileage. I think it has to do with the tires, and that I need to put some air in. I have almost 8000 miles on my Leaf now since May, and my commute from Hillsboro to Clackamas (I take 26 to McLoughlin to 224) normally ends up being about 60-65 miles, with usually around 40 miles to spare when I get home.

In the last month or so, though, it's dropped down, and I usually have only about 25-30 miles left when I get home. I need to make sure my tires have enough air, I think. If that doesn't help, I'll have the dealership take a look.

I theorize it may have to do with the drop in the early morning temperature. Our Leaf used to travel three days on a charge to and from Lloyd Center area (Starting in Beaverton), with 20 miles left. After the last charge (two days ago), it managed only two days with 30 miles left. FYI, the daily trip starts at 4:30 AM!

Does anyone know how to get a free Leaf Tshirt from this weblink?
http://myleafshirt.com/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GinkoLeaf said:
http://myleafshirt.com/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think I got my code after the Zero Emission Tour last fall... There was that whole fiasco of them swapping the requested shirts with what was shipped.

GinkoLeaf said:

Text chatted with a Nissan rep and those t-shirts are long gone. Bummer.

GinkoLeaf said:
Revenge of the Electric Car at Hollywood Theater ... are they selling tickets yet?
Tickets went on sale today http://bit.ly/oL2gX3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is anyone going to the 4 PM ribbon cutting tomorrow in Stevenson, WA? I was planning on showing up from The Dalles and was curious if any other LEAF owners would be there. It is a ChargePoint EVSE.

First Electric Vehicle Charger Comes to Stevenson in the Scenic Columbia River Gorge

Stevenson, WA – October 11, 2011 – The City of Stevenson, the Stevenson Business Association (SBA), and the Port of Skamania County partnered to bring the first Level II Electric Vehicle Charging Station to Washington’s side of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area.

The station is located at Teo Park along the Columbia River Waterfront in the City of Stevenson, adjacent to shops, restaurants, spas, and art galleries. This station is the result of cooperation among local business leaders and local government. SBA President Scott Anderson stated that “As a small town, Stevenson has been forward thinking and on the cutting edge, such as being one of the first cities to offer city-wide free WiFi access, and now the EV Charging Station.” Moli Thomas, of MST Consulting, who managed the project, said “Stevenson is a wonderful, eco-friendly tourism destination. This charger is another way that we can help support healthy tourism activity in the area. Our goal is to bring people out to one of the most beautiful places on the planet and let them recharge while taking advantage of all that Stevenson has to offer.” This station is especially important because it will allow people to reach the area from the I-5 corridor (50 miles west) and recharge for their return trip.

The ribbon cutting for the station will be on Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 at 4:00 pm, followed by an after party in the park. All are welcome to come and look at the station, at the electric cars, and enjoy some great food, local wines and beer, and music.

Revenge of the Electric Car - Portland Premiere
Chris Paine will be there for Q&A after the 7PM show

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=283984691624545" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies in advance if this turns out mis-filed; I can't seem to make these pages post a reply to a specific topic.

Anyways, I wanted to send out a very big thank-you to Patrick0101 and the others who posted the details on how to apply for the Oregon Residential Energy Tax credit. If I hadn't seen his article here on the forum, I would've just assumed I could wait 'till I filed my tax return next year, and been SOL (or at least very late). Instead, I printed out the forms & mailed them in sometime a month or two back, and I just received the "tax credit certification" number in today's mail. Next challenge: not losing it between now & filing time.

Thanks again, Pat!

patrick0101 said:
Levenkay said:
I wanted to send out a very big thank-you to Patrick0101
Glad I could help. I am still waiting for my certification. I wonder if they lost my application.

I'd like to add my thanks. I sent my application in about a week after the original post, and got my tax credit notification
(a post card) in Thursday's mail (October 27th).

Does anyone know if the L3 at Electric Ave. Operational again? I have not yet received my Blink card & was thinking about trying the L3 at Fred Meyer. Does the store have a guest Blink card? I am headed to PDX tomorrow from Hood River and am doing some trip planning. The Chargepoint station in Stevenson, WA worked great for me on Thursday. You can swipe your chargepoint card and it charges you $1 to use for L2 or L1. This unlocks the EVSE so curious people don't play with the nozzle, drop it, and possibly damage it. Stevenson, WA did a great ribbon cutting ceremony on Thursday. Free catered food, beer, and wine. Head out to the Columbia Gorge and check their town out. If you make it to Hood River, you can use my L2. Beware of The Dalles Nissan. They want $3 an hour for their L2.

More details about the Portland premiere of Revenge:

The Portland Premiere of Revenge of the Electric Car is November 4th. Our local EV community is pulling out all the stops to support the premiere.

1) We have sponsored free parking for EVs at the theater.
2) We have a procession of EVs that will be driving in front of the theater.
3) We have blocked off one of the streets next to the theater and will have an EV display there.

Additionally, Chris Paine will be here and he will hold a Q&A session after the 7PM screening.

You can read more of the details here: http://goo.gl/FJRCx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anything you can do promote the film and specifically the Portland event is much appreciated.

I haven't received my certificate from the state yet, however I haven't checked my mailbox for about a week. It could be sitting there!

I haven't heard about the status of the Eaton DC Quick Charger at Electric Avenue. It was still down during National Plug-in Day.

I've got my tickets for "Revenge" on Friday! RSVP'd for parking too. Probably be a lot of Leafs there!

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
Does anyone know if the L3 at Electric Ave. Operational again?
PSU's Electric Avenue is turning out to be a real joke. Apparently they took out some of the charging units, and do not seem to care about the continual ICE parking and damage to the EVSE units. More than 50% of my drive-bys have seen at least the DC Quick Charger offline, and twice the entire row offline.

I've been anxiously awaiting the Blink DC Quick Charger at the Hollywood West Fred Meyer to come online. Last week one of my Blink contacts told me it would be turned on "Monday, November 1st." So of course I stopped by yesterday and found it offline. I tried again today and it was still offline. So I just called Blink to find out what is wrong.

According to the Blink CSR the unit is indefinitely offline, pending review by the local fire department, "who want to watch the loads for a while." I'm not sure how they can "watch the loads" without anyone using it... Apparently there is no way for Blink to update me as to when they will eventually turn the unit online, so I'll be taking an extra 15 minutes every lunch hour and seeing if it is active (as it has yet to show up on the BlinkNetwork.com map).

AndrewRuess said:
ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
Does anyone know if the L3 at Electric Ave. Operational again?
PSU's Electric Avenue is turning out to be a real joke. Apparently they took out some of the charging units, and do not seem to care about the continual ICE parking and damage to the EVSE units. More than 50% of my drive-bys have seen at least the DC Quick Charger offline, and twice the entire row offline.

I've been anxiously awaiting the Blink DC Quick Charger at the Hollywood West Fred Meyer to come online. Last week one of my Blink contacts told me it would be turned on "Monday, November 1st." So of course I stopped by yesterday and found it offline. I tried again today and it was still offline. So I just called Blink to find out what is wrong.

According to the Blink CSR the unit is indefinitely offline, pending review by the local fire department, "who want to watch the loads for a while." I'm not sure how they can "watch the loads" without anyone using it... Apparently there is no way for Blink to update me as to when they will eventually turn the unit online, so I'll be taking an extra 15 minutes every lunch hour and seeing if it is active (as it has yet to show up on the BlinkNetwork.com map).
Regarding Electric Avenue, did you contact PSU to ask about the status? There is a sticker on every machine now with an ID number so we can report outages.

Blink is blowing smoke up your skirt on the DC Quick Charger. It's UL listed and installed with permits and doesn't use any "special" electricity that the fire department would require monitoring. Once it's installed (which it was on 10/14) and the permits are signed off, that's all. It's probably just broken and they don't want to admit it... :D

DarkStar said:
Regarding Electric Avenue, did you contact PSU to ask about the status? There is a sticker on every machine now with an ID number so we can report outages.
Yes, have been doing so. I know the gentleman at PSU responsible for getting the entire thing implemented, and my mother-in-law works in the President's office, whom I usually ping before I head down there to find out if everything is working or not. =)

DarkStar said:
Blink is blowing smoke up your skirt on the DC Quick Charger. It's UL listed and installed with permits and doesn't use any "special" electricity that the fire department would require monitoring. Once it's installed (which it was on 10/14) and the permits are signed off, that's all. It's probably just broken and they don't want to admit it... :D
That was my guess. He described this specific unit as 'the test' for Blink DC Quick Charging. Which I found hilarious, because we started out the conversation with him asking me, "Which DC Quick Charger is that?" acting like he is looking at a spreadsheet of thousands of them out there. =P My understanding is there is one Tuscon or Pheonix (first installed, yet to be turned on), this one in Portland (first one turned on, and had a press conference at it with our federal Senators, Governor(?), Mayor(?), etc), and one at a Cracker Barrel in Tennessee (yet to be turned on).

AndrewRuess said:
I tried again today and it was still offline. So I just called Blink to find out what is wrong.

I have used the charger last night (11/1/11) from 6:30 to 7:31 PM and was working fine, there was a blue Leaf charging (done) when I got there and the other QC parking spot was ICEd. The blue Leaf driver showed up few minutes later and I was able to QC.

Same as last time, the driver of the ICEing car was a good-looking woman, I forgive her. I believe we should have some sort of notes to saying “How would you feel if you went to the gas station and found (electric) cars parked at the pumps?”

I wanted to try QC to 100%. I reached 80% at 6:44 PM and I left at 07:31 at 98%. The % reading on the Blink screen easily moved down 3% while charging! I only charge to 100% once or twice a month, was the Leaf trying to do some cell equalization during the QC? It even went down from 99% to 97% and after 15 minutes was still only 98%. QC charging over 90% does not make much sense, especially if you have another EV waiting to QC from bellow 80%.

Might be quicker if you charged to 100% more often.. if the Leaf chose to balance when you did your 100% QC, and it sounds like it did. Note that to see a 3% drop due to balancing is a very extreme form of balancing, perhaps what you saw was a capacity recalculation due to temperature rise in the battery?

Back