Poll : Your Reaction to 2013 Nissan Leaf Price

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You think the 2013 Nissan Leaf Price is

• Excellent

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Great

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Good

Votes: 34 21.7%
  • Average

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
OrientExpress said:
evnow said:
OrientExpress said:
The RVC is standard on the SL.
And in SV ?

BTW, where is this info ?

The RVC is standard on the SV and SL and optional as part of the Charger package on the S.

Detailed information on model configurations can be found here
Hmmm ... on Nissan's site it shows differently. RearView Monitor is noted as "-" for SV & SL. You show it as standard.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/channels/us-united-states-nissan-models-leaf/presskits/us-2013-nissan-leaf-press-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is the source for your table ?

My source is Nissan. It appears that there may be an error on the PDF that is on the launch release. I'm still checking on it, but if you notice there are several places in the press piece that have "-" on things that are on that trim level.

Stoaty said:
It is surprising to me that 70% of the respondents think the pricing is less than excellent. Nissan is breaking new ground here with the stripper model; I don't see how anyone could reasonably expect better at this time.

i would have rated it excellent (rated great) but they were $840 high on the SL, $320 high on the SV, and $1300 high on the S...

JeremyW said:
Voted good. Would have voted great if I weren't so bitter about what I'm paying.

Not so bitter as the guy who bought a house in 2007. ;)

I still have no regrets about not holding off for MY2013. If I held off I would still be burning gas. I'm paying less leasing AND charging the LEAF than just paying for gas in my old car, and I learned a LOT over the past few months. It's been a very positive experience for me. My hope is that this trend continues so that when it comes time for me to replace this LEAF, I can get something better and cheaper. :)

OrientExpress said:
My source is Nissan. It appears that there may be an error on the PDF that is on the launch release. I'm still checking on it, but if you notice there are several places in the press piece that have "-" on things that are on that trim level.
I just checked - I don't spot anything that says "-" where it should say S. I'm looking at the website, not the pdf.

BTW, I hope RVM is available as standard in SV - that would save me 1k (and having to actually pay for Bose).

smkettner said:
When do we start speculating the lower price for 2014 ;)

wont happen. in fact, the price will go up because that is when they will start offering the "gotta have it" options. bigger battery, guaranteed range warranties, etc.

ksnogas2112 said:
Boomer23 said:
dhanson865 said:
does the federal subsidy still apply or is the $7500 a thing of the past?

It still applies.

Law reads up to the first 200,000 vehicles of the manufacturer that meet the criteria. So 200k leaf and 200k volt and 200k spark if chevy ever makes those.....

uhh,no. that would 100K volts and 100K sparks. you said it right. its 200K per manufacturer

and it wont be 200K LEAFs either. I predict at least 2 or more additional plugs by Nissan for 2014

kubel said:
JeremyW said:
Voted good. Would have voted great if I weren't so bitter about what I'm paying.

I still have no regrets about not holding off for MY2013. If I held off I would still be burning gas. I'm paying less leasing AND charging the LEAF than just paying for gas in my old car, and I learned a LOT over the past few months. It's been a very positive experience for me. My hope is that this trend continues so that when it comes time for me to replace this LEAF, I can get something better and cheaper. :)
Yes. Much as I would like the 6kW charger for the rare opportunity charging away from home, and that extendable visor (I use a piece of cardboard), my current LEAF meets my needs pretty well. Though I do wish that I had leased like you did.

kubel said:

I try not to think about it :x

We all hoped that these cars would get less expensive with time (and mass production, which Nissan has achieved). It's still probably a better idea to lease than to buy. In 2015/2016, there's a good chance that Nissan will have a new Leaf 2.0 with more range for yet an even lower price.

well, I for one am glad they did not have a 4 year lease option I asked for when I leased mine because it is really beginning to look like Jan 2014 will be a great time to be looking.

I had originally planned on buying out the lease but glad I didnt. The technology is still moving too fast.

evnow said:
OrientExpress said:
I just checked - I don't spot anything that says "-" where it should say S. I'm looking at the website, not the pdf.
Unfortunately, I think OrientExpress may be misinterpreting the statement that says "Available RearView Monitor (optional on S)". That appears both on his BayLeafs page and, under "At a Glance", in the Nissan LEAF Press Kit. Please note the distinction between things that are "available" and those that are "standard". I fear the RearView Monitor is "available" because it is optional on the S. That is certainly what is shown under "Specs" in the Press Kit.

Ray

RegGuheert said:
dbassett said:
In Georgia, we have a $5000 state tax credit, which gets the entry level down to $16,300. Combined with the GA Power EV rate plan, it is VERY attractive.
What is the GA Power rate for EVs? Do they meter the EV separately, or do you get that rate for all of your electricity.

Frankly, I'm really surprised at how little the elctric utilities do to educate and encourage EV purchases. It seems like the perfect way to both sell more electricity and level their load at the same time.

1.3 cents per kWh plus delivery fees etc. Their rates are defined here:

http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.30_tou-pev-3.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They do not meter separately, but it has been OK for our family. We push other usage (dish washer etc) to the off-peak times.

planet4ever said:
Unfortunately, I think OrientExpress may be misinterpreting the statement that says "Available RearView Monitor (optional on S)". That appears both on his BayLeafs page and, under "At a Glance", in the Nissan LEAF Press Kit. Please note the distinction between things that are "available" and those that are "standard". I fear the RearView Monitor is "available" because it is optional on the S. That is certainly what is shown under "Specs" in the Press Kit.

Ray
Yes. If it was standard, they would have mentioned it.

The Nissan LEAF SV model adds Nissan Navigation system, 7.0-inch color LCD screen, CARWINGS telematics, 6-speaker audio system, Pandora® link for iPhone®, 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, 6.6 kW onboard charger, hybrid heater system, cruise control, auto-dimming inside mirror, partially recycled cloth seat fabric, passenger side map pocket and "B-mode" regenerative braking.

The 2013 LEAF SL model adds a photovoltaic solar panel spoiler, fog lights, auto on/off headlights, cargo cover, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, Quick Charge Port, leather-appointed seats, LED headlights and 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels.

another reason I rated the pricing less than perfect (because its not) is because all these models should have had quick charge as standard at no additional cost which means the SL had a great discount and the SV only a fair one at best (33,450 makes just over $1500 discounted while the SL discount was nearly $3K) with the S just over $30K (30,100) when QC is added

AND

the reason i rated it one notch below the top was because it gives us the options that many of us wanted. Instead of putting everything in at one price, we have the choice to pay ala carte for what we want. I think the choices are too few but its still a very good start towards getting the LEAF in the right marketing framework.

the issue as I see it is industry wide and that is bundling features that are essential or the most desired with others that might not be so much. the SV should have had the option to add QC only which would have put the savings more in line with the Nissan price reduction

**edited for clarification**

dbassett said:
RegGuheert said:
dbassett said:
In Georgia, we have a $5000 state tax credit, which gets the entry level down to $16,300. Combined with the GA Power EV rate plan, it is VERY attractive.
What is the GA Power rate for EVs? Do they meter the EV separately, or do you get that rate for all of your electricity.

Frankly, I'm really surprised at how little the elctric utilities do to educate and encourage EV purchases. It seems like the perfect way to both sell more electricity and level their load at the same time.

1.3 cents per kWh plus delivery fees etc. Their rates are defined here:

http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.30_tou-pev-3.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They do not meter separately, but it has been OK for our family. We push other usage (dish washer etc) to the off-peak times.

I called my local power utility when my Blink was installed (prior to getting my LEAF) & was told there is currently no tiered pricing in my area, but they were considering it. So we have to pay the same 24 hours/day $0.09/kwh - Gotta rub that in for the CA owners :mrgreen:

Philip

timhebb said:
The criteria for judging this were left up to the voters, which makes it completely subjective.

Exactly. From what perspective is one supposed to judge the price?

In comparison to a similarly sized and equipped ICE vehicle?
In comparison to other highway-capable BEVs?
In comparison to what is technically and economically feasible with current state-of-the art?
In comparison to a self-built BEV conversion?

I could pick 4 different answers based on those perspectives, and I'm just one person!

For those lamenting a 2012 purchase or lease, remember that if the 2013 pricing results in more Leafs on the road, that should help push adoption of charging locations toward acceptance.

We need all the help we can get on that front here in the Cincinnati area.

Back