Poll:If you can reserve Gen 3 Tesla for $5k now, would you ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you can reserve Gen 3 Tesla for $5k now, would you ?

• Yes

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • May Be

Votes: 28 25.0%

• Total voters
I think I would opt for Nissan (or whoever) with their $30,000 car that gets 150 miles. I personally dont think the Tesla will come out that cheap

DaveinOlyWA said:
I think I would opt for Nissan (or whoever) with their $30,000 car that gets 150 miles. I personally dont think the Tesla will come out that cheap
Yes - I won't be surprised if it is $40k instead of $35k. Musk can always point to inflation as the reason.

But, I'd expect it to be larger than Leaf with much better performance - but probably not as reliable.

evnow said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Yes - I won't be surprised if it is $40k instead of $35k. Musk can always point to inflation as the reason.

But, I'd expect it to be larger than Leaf with much better performance - but probably not as reliable.
At the moment, I'd be hard pressed to describe the 2013 LEAFs as reliable judging by the number of firmware/PDM problems that have been reported here, which are undoubtedly a small percentage of the total considering all the owners who aren't aware of this forum. Numerous cars failing to charge within the first 3k miles or so is a serious issue, and I can't understand why Nissan wouldn't update all of them before they fail. But then I find pretty much all of Nissan's behavior towards its customers over the past eighteen months at least to be incomprehensible (and reprehensible).

Why? The S has proven to be just as reliable as the Leaf, perhaps even more so than the 2013 Leaf...

evnow said:

Actually it does not seem to be the case. My 2011 on the other hand is extremely reliable in all aspects, including the range loss. :lol:

If I was able to swap the battery on any Leaf of my choice, I'd take my 2011 anytime. The only thing I'd miss is the 6.6 charger. I do have a QC port so that helps. I even have the silencer button, and those disappeard fast which means that the early 2011s are a rare breed now.

Gotta love the silencer button. :mrgreen:

because the numbers are small for some models that makes "any" defect much larger than it mostly will pan out to be. But still cant say that there is really any totally unreliable EVs with a possible exception of the Focus and even its issues seems to be a bit overblown. but with Ford's continuing compliance production numbers, those dozen or so cars will loom large for years to come

I thought a 30kWh version 1.5 of the LEAF for those needing more range might look like this. Space sacrificed for aerodynamics.

Too get 200 miles of range, I guess this Tesla would need 40kWh and aluminum instead of the LEAF's steel.

139946_Tesla_Model_E_jamais_deux_sans_trois.jpg

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86029275&docId=NOA20140421224423#docIndex=0&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No Model E?

WetEV said:
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86029275&docId=NOA20140421224423#docIndex=0&page=1

No Model E?

discussed at length in http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/30781-Tesla-Abandons-Model-E-Trademark" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They'll pick another name for the Gen 3 sedan

Back