Poll : How old are you - Take II

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age is ...

• 35 - 39

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • 30 - 34

Votes: 73 10.9%
  • <30

Votes: 52 7.8%
  • 40 - 44

Votes: 95 14.2%
  • 45 - 49

Votes: 94 14.1%
  • 50 - 54

Votes: 89 13.3%
  • 55 - 59

Votes: 76 11.4%
  • 60 - 64

Votes: 52 7.8%
  • 65 - 69

Votes: 31 4.6%
  • >69

Votes: 21 3.1%

• Total voters
fastmaxxcooper said:
I feel old then! I finally took delivery of my Leaf Friday and I'm 25! I was 24 when I ordered it haha.

I'm guessing the voting system got updated, because I was finally able to update my vote in the <30 category.

26 going on 27 here. I am actually jobless and on unemployment (luckily am married, too). Was already stuck in my '11 Hyundai Elantra lease, so just had them buy out that lease so I could "Lease the Leaf," lol. Figure if I have to make car payments, why not just go electric? :D

Msquared said:
26 going on 27 here. I am actually jobless and on unemployment (luckily am married, too). Was already stuck in my '11 Hyundai Elantra lease, so just had them buy out that lease so I could "Lease the Leaf," lol. Figure if I have to make car payments, why not just go electric? :D

congrats on your new car!

aevictory said:
29 y/o, my first brand new car. Backed it into the garage counter on day 2 :(

oh oh! no back up camera? i know when i got my first camera on my 2004 Prius it took a lot of work to break the habit of turning my head and whatnot. the camera does a MUCH better job!

I'm 26 and weaseling my way into that elusive "middle-class"... but I put a VERY high priority on my LEAF. If I make $30k this year it'll be a lifetime record! :lol:

It's also my second-ever car... first new car - all my life I swore to never buy a new car that ran on gas. No Prius either - I mean FULLY electric. And the LEAF came out... it was such a temptation I had to have it. Now I have it, and it's beyond my wildest dreams...

I would have settled for a much cheaper "smart car" though, if they were available and didn't look like golf carts... I mean, I feel "out of my league" driving such an expensive and high-tech car. I would've been happy with a Mitsubishi i, but it really looks... just... the style... makes me cringe. The LEAF is beautiful, but not quite as sleek as the Volt. The Volt has a gas engine which I will never buy. So the LEAF was really all that's there, and the perfect car for me. :D

27, Married, Wife and Kid + 2 dogs. The Leaf replaced my beloved Subaru Forester, but i was eager to try out the new technology. Very happy with the car, its my...um...13th car, as I am a car nut i frequently change my driving experience...because there are only so many years to live, why not drive everything you can...right?

Gillinghammer said:
26/not married/#evnerd
scored an awesome lease, no brainer... I mean who wants to buy gas?

24hrs in - very happy
AHH! I'm not alone! :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Exactly the same all around. Is it your first new car too? :mrgreen:

FalconFour said:

Yes it is! Kinda of a big EV milestone if you think about it... new generation of first-time car buyers choosing to buy electric over gas!

Gillinghammer said:
FalconFour said:

Yes it is! Kinda of a big EV milestone if you think about it... new generation of first-time car buyers choosing to buy electric over gas!
Freakin' sweet! Yep, that's exactly what I had in mind... I swore never to buy a new gas-powered car many years ago. When the time came, I had to reduce my ambitions to "first NEW car", since EVs weren't on the market long enough to make an affordable used option like an old '03 Prius. My first car was an '87 Fiero, a 16mpg gas-guzzler I lived with for 6 years until it got stolen a month ago. I was right on the verge of buying a Prius, but when I found that I could actually qualify for a lease on a LEAF? Done deal! In fact I'm moving out of my apartment now in part so I could more comfortably afford the payments by moving into a friend's empty bedroom - a house with a garage I can do L2 charging at ;)

And definitely a big-time EV activist... my LEAF lived a life as a demo car as far as I can tell, and now it's continuing its demo-car legacy at every green light I rocket out of with the "infinite MPG" decal on back :mrgreen:

I know what you mean about my next car must be an EV. When my penultimate car was totaled on the American Legion bridge (I495 Washington across the Potomac river) in 2000 I so wanted a Prius! I of course couldn't get any of the EVs that were California only in Virginia and the Prius waiting list was like 3 months! I needed a car so I got the most fuel-efficient car I could at the time. But it didn't take long for me to swear the hybrid just a transition that I would skip. I had to have an EV. And 18,250 mi and 11.5 months later I've still never looked back!

I'm 30 and just picked up my '12 Leaf SL. I traded in my '07 Toyota Yaris Liftback, which was my second new car (first car was a '00 Pontiac Grand Am GT). I've progressively improved my fuel economy as I've matured (I was 17 when I purchased the Pontiac and 24 when I purchased the Toyota). When I was 17 I would never have guessed that someday I would be so excited about a car like the Leaf; I didn't even consider the MPG rating on the Pontiac when I purchased it, and I would have gone with something faster-- and less efficient-- if my insurance wouldn't have been through the roof.

Just voted as I picked up a new 2012 Leaf SL week before last. Will turn 39 in March. Love the smooth operation and no gas! :D I also have a 2009 MINI Clubman John Cooper Works 6-speed to drive along with the Leaf. Definitely weird switching between the two cars...

Back