Poll : How old are you - Take II

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age is ...

• 35 - 39

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • 30 - 34

Votes: 73 10.9%
  • <30

Votes: 52 7.8%
  • 40 - 44

Votes: 95 14.2%
  • 45 - 49

Votes: 94 14.1%
  • 50 - 54

Votes: 89 13.3%
  • 55 - 59

Votes: 76 11.4%
  • 60 - 64

Votes: 52 7.8%
  • 65 - 69

Votes: 31 4.6%
  • >69

Votes: 21 3.1%

• Total voters
Whenever I try to vote, I get "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."
Is that some sort of prejudice against Mac users, or people in the 40-44 range?

TonyWilliams said:
JohnnySebring said:
It did the same thing to me. Late 50s, Mac browsing with Safari. :?

Me three... Mac with Firefox.

I'm 49.

Windows 7 with IE9, and not a geezer like you other guys. I'm gonna try on Firefox and see if it works.

... Nope still broken.

Hey, guys, can the meta-discussion. When a poll is created it is defined as active for a certain number of days. Since only moderators can create polls on this website, only they can specify how long they are active for. If you don't like it, raise the issue in the 'Website/Forum Discussion' forum.

Ray

That's all well and good, but for the record, I can still change my vote, and if I'm still waiting next year (for instance forsaking a 2012 for a better-value, fuller-featured 2013 LEAF), I'll be able to change my response! :)

First thanks for putting so many ranges out there. I am usually in the last or second to last age range so I feel much younger. :lol: I was 46 when I put down the deposit and hope to be only 48 when I order and 49 when I finally get one. At this point with all the waiting I am thinking that maybe getting the 2013 might not be bad. Except for the part where I feel like a kid the day before Christmas.

I am hoping the 2013 model year will have improvements like the 2012 over the 2011. The cold weather package of heated seats and steering wheel worked great in my area on a January test drive. I actually got to hot and had to turn them off. I am hoping the 2013 will have the 6.6 kw charger. That was one thing that the Ford Focus EV had over the LEAF that I liked. I think the faster charging time might get me a few more cases on when I could use the LEAF over one of the ICE sitting in my driveway. (wife's car and teenage kids cars) Most of the time I drive less than 12 miles in a day at a EV friendly 30-35 mph with almost no stops. So the 6.6 kw charger might be of no use even if I had some extra trip I wanted to take after getting home from work and charging for a couple of hours. I can not imagine any case of driving over 45 miles in a single day. But Nissan is still trying to convince me that the LEAF will not work because we have no public charging. I am in the last roll out states and hope to be able to get one is 6-12 months.

The other advantage of the Focus is the more aggressive battery management system. The passive battery management system of the LEAF I think is leading to a lot of the issues with the Guess O Meter. I more passive system that the LEAF uses hurts the cold weather range enough to impact a pretty big portion of the cold weather drivers. Or at least put some range fears in their mind.

scottwilcox said:
I am hoping the 2013 will have the 6.6 kw charger. That was one thing that the Ford Focus EV had over the LEAF that I liked. I think the faster charging time might get me a few more cases on when I could use the LEAF over one of the ICE sitting in my driveway. (wife's car and teenage kids cars) Most of the time I drive less than 12 miles in a day at a EV friendly 30-35 mph with almost no stops. So the 6.6 kw charger might be of no use even if I had some extra trip I wanted to take after getting home from work and charging for a couple of hours. I can not imagine any case of driving over 45 miles in a single day.
My speedometer just hit 6,000 on Feb 29 and I will celebrate 10 months of ownership on March 2. So a bit of simple math says I average 20 miles/day. But I did take the LEAF - once - the 90 miles to our granddaughter's house (obviously with overnight L2 charging to get back home). Grandma (my wife) has insisted we take the Prius up there since then. A 6.6kW charger wouldn't have helped a bit, but a 150 mile nominal range sure would have. It would have also made the two 120 mile trips each way to her sister's house all electric instead of ICEy.

I guess I'll have to believe you if you say you can't imagine traveling more than 45 miles in a day. However, I'm just saying that a low average doesn't necessarily mean that you will never want to take it for a two hour highway trip some time. Shucks, we've been on several 50-60 mile "excursions", just driving around the area to places we rarely if ever see, perhaps not even stopping anywhere. It's such an enjoyable car to drive, and I love never having to pump that nasty smelly liquid into it.

Oh, I've hinted at it before, but the average of my age and my wife's age is 77.5.

Ray

scottwilcox said:
I am hoping the 2013 model year will have improvements like the 2012 over the 2011. The cold weather package of heated seats and steering wheel worked great in my area on a January test drive. I actually got to hot and had to turn them off. I am hoping the 2013 will have the 6.6 kw charger. That was one thing that the Ford Focus EV had over the LEAF that I liked. I think the faster charging time might get me a few more cases on when I could use the LEAF over one of the ICE sitting in my driveway. (wife's car and teenage kids cars) Most of the time I drive less than 12 miles in a day at a EV friendly 30-35 mph with almost no stops. So the 6.6 kw charger might be of no use even if I had some extra trip I wanted to take after getting home from work and charging for a couple of hours. I can not imagine any case of driving over 45 miles in a single day. But Nissan is still trying to convince me that the LEAF will not work because we have no public charging. I am in the last roll out states and hope to be able to get one is 6-12 months.

The other advantage of the Focus is the more aggressive battery management system. The passive battery management system of the LEAF I think is leading to a lot of the issues with the Guess O Meter. I more passive system that the LEAF uses hurts the cold weather range enough to impact a pretty big portion of the cold weather drivers. Or at least put some range fears in their mind.

The Cold Weather Trim was introduced in the very late 2011 (the ones that were supposed to go to Virginia and Maryland). In the 2012 what we got is was all options removed and rolled into the standard price and a $1,900 penalty ($1,450 for SV) for not being able to order the car when we were told we would, not to mention loosing HOV access to I66 in Virginia. I can't imagine any model year being worse that the 2012.

As for range, about 75 miles, daily, and with 100% charge I've never run out no matter how cold. But anything out of the ordinary, like the EVA/DC meetings in Silver Spring, MD, if I don't supplementary charge, I can't get home and the Federal Government spends $230 monthly to get people to ride commuter transit to both decongest the roads and reduce emissions but won't spend $30 a month to let folks driving zero-emission vehicles to just charge for a few hours at 120V so they can run some errands beyond their normal commute. Won't even except the $1.50 as cost in payment from it's commuters. Won't allow that when they allow Mini Fridges which draw more electricity per year than an EV parked for 8 hours a day would. The one thing the President can do to help promote his stated goal of 1,000,000 EVs on the road by 2015 is to simply sign an executive order allowing this. Doe he? No! And don't get me started on how the third richest county in the country and the most populous one in Virginia charges $1,100 annual tax on a car which in size is a slightly larger Versa.

Clearly I'm young enough to still get up in arms about these issues but old enough to write to my commonwealth delegate and county board supervisor about these issues. I think that allows you to peg my stage of life.

Back