Plug In America LEAF Battery Survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
YAAY! Got it done. On iPad even.

I'm on the iPad also. Seems to be working (I like the well laid out format).

Nit #1 - how do I quantify a 10% reduction in range? The choices are offered in miles, which clearly depends on what economy I'm traveling and the temperature of the battery. What should I pick?

Nit #2 - asking my "round trip" distance is fine for folks with typical 9-5 jobs that they commute the same amount daily, but I don't have a round trip. But, I do average 2000 miles per month, or 66 miles per day, so I'll just use that.

Nit #3 - There's a "range increased" option? The fact that somebody actually picked that one proves to me at least that this subjective part of the survey is just that.

surfingslovak said:
Tom Saxton, the Vice-President of Plug In America, has put together a well-thought-out survey to help gauge how well Leaf owners are doing in terms of battery capacity and range. We have the data for about 14 cars so far, and it would be great if we could get past 50. The survey is very detailed, but only about 20 entries are mandatory. Please take a few minutes to complete it for the benefit of all.

I filled it out.

I filled out the survey and found that:
1) my car does not have the manufacture date sticker on the door frame, and
2) Carwings is missing several months of my driving history.

Is there another source for manufacture date?

Edit: Nissan hotline found the date for me.

TonyWilliams said:
Nit #3 - There's a "range increased" option? The fact that somebody actually picked that one proves to me at least that this subjective part of the survey is just that.
This surprised me as well, since it wasn't there when the first rough draft of this question was hatched a month ago. Thank you everyone for taking the time to fill out the survey, please encourage others to follow your footsteps.

rickbecker said:
I'm not quite sure about that. Perhaps if the VIN was decoded, we could get the week of manufacture? Barring that, you could subtract couple of months from your delivery date, and use that as a proxy. Not very accurate, but it might do, assuming that you got your vehicle in the spring or summer of 2011, when the cars had fast turnaround.

rickbecker said:
I got the same surprise on point 1. I have a vague recollection of seeing it there before, so I wonder if it fell off. Since that is a required field to complete the survey, I just put what I think I remember seeing, either there or somewhere else.

I skipped Carwings, since I never tell the car it can transmit the data.

Ray

planet4ever said:
rickbecker said:
I got the same surprise on point 1. I have a vague recollection of seeing it there before, so I wonder if it fell off. Since that is a required field to complete the survey, I just put what I think I remember seeing, either there or somewhere else.

I skipped Carwings, since I never tell the car it can transmit the data.

Ray

my manufacturer sticker was not where i expected it to be (not on door but on jamb) but cant imagine it falling off. i just went out there to check if the edges of the sticker was loose at all and its stuck on there pretty good.

mkjayakumar said:
Maybe the folks who said their range has increased are charging using "Premium Clean Electrons" from Solar or Hydro ?

:)

I have almost 10k miles and a first LEAF, I have never had 281 GIDs and was recently dropping to 278 without much temp change form normal. I had not charged to 100% for a few weeks and did twice to get a first time 281 GIDs. I rarely discharge my pack to the bottom end but just before the 281 I have done the first deep discharge to a bar or two when I was able to get the 281. Of course I cleaned all the dirt off my charge cable that week.

The sticker tells you the month and year, but if you contact the Leaf hotline they can tell you the exact day.

DesertDenizen said:

The sticker tells you the month and year, but if you contact the Leaf hotline they can tell you the exact day.
There is also a field for the exact day on the service receipt from your dealership. Mine has the date printed there. Others report that they do not.

just checked updated results for the surveys and gettting a few shocking results including a WA resident with 10 capacity bars on a new LEAF (guessing its a typo)

hey Mods!! i think we need to split this survey into its own thread

DaveinOlyWA said:
just checked updated results for the surveys and gettting a few shocking results including a WA resident with 10 capacity bars on a new LEAF (guessing its a typo)

Speaking to the 33k mile car with 231 Gids @ 100% charged...I'll be happy enough if I have a gid count in that region with another 11k on the odo (and another year of service).

Good exercise, thanks Tom!

mwalsh said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Speaking to the 33k mile car with 231 Gids @ 100% charged...I'll be happy enough if I have a gid count in that region with another 11k on the odo (and another year of service).

Good exercise, thanks Tom!

TaylorSF has GID count running 248 to 252 after 57,000 miles. its like night and day

Back