OpenEVSE Basic Kit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased one of Chris's loaders with my 2nd board, well worth the 20 bucks considering the support I've gotten on the Google openevse group forum. Ez to customize the current settings once you know how

I got my programmer today, reloaded the firmware successfully, but didn't help to revive it.

I'm reading 120V across AC(L)and AC(N) on the power supply, so it's got power up to that point. Any troubleshooting steps I can try before I say screw it and order a pre-assembled board?

kubel said:
I got my programmer today, reloaded the firmware successfully, but didn't help to revive it.

I'm reading 120V across AC(L)and AC(N) on the power supply, so it's got power up to that point. Any troubleshooting steps I can try before I say screw it and order a pre-assembled board?

I don't know if this would work for you as I've only bought the premade SMD boards but when i plug the programmer into the board it powers the whole thing up and i can go into menus.

VegasBrad said:
I don't know if this would work for you as I've only bought the premade SMD boards but when i plug the programmer into the board it powers the whole thing up and i can go into menus.

Doesn't appear to. I only have an LED, no LCD. It appears just as dead when programming as it does when plugged into AC, except the .bat output indicates it loaded the firmware successfully. No LED illumination at all.

::EDIT::
I plugged in my old OpenEVSE to the programmer for S&Gs, and its LED lit up like Christmas. Assuming the newer OpenEVSE is supposed to function similarly on USB, this would indicate it's something other than a faulty power supply (or faulty soldering of the power supply), correct?

kubel said:
VegasBrad said:

Doesn't appear to. I only have an LED, no LCD. It appears just as dead when programming as it does when plugged into AC, except the .bat output indicates it loaded the firmware successfully. No LED illumination at all.

::EDIT::
I plugged in my old OpenEVSE to the programmer for S&Gs, and its LED lit up like Christmas. Assuming the newer OpenEVSE is supposed to function similarly on USB, this would indicate it's something other than a faulty power supply (or faulty soldering of the power supply), correct?

You are welcome to send the board to me, I will check it out at no cost. Send me a PM if you would like the address.

Back