Official Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV SUV thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the rumors of Nissan Rogue plugins are correct, I think Nissan will again eat Mitsu's lunch like they did bringing Leaf before Mitsu brought iMiEV to US.

seems like Nissan could really make some great plug in hybrids. they already have plenty of battery experience and the ability to produce packs , motors are made in house along with inverters, OBC is the only major component they outsource, this gives Nissan a huge advantage in price.

Take a Rogue downsize the ICE to 1.6 or 2.0L and add a 9-12kwh lithium battery and charger, develop a CVT/EV motor unit. add 3.3kw or 6.6kw OBC

25 to 30 miles AER.

lets hope they are working on this....

evnow said:
If the rumors of Nissan Rogue plugins are correct, I think Nissan will again eat Mitsu's lunch like they did bringing Leaf before Mitsu brought iMiEV to US.
Ummm...where are those rumors? The Oracle of Google only shows one item regarding a "hybrid" next-gen Rogue (and that from a year ago), not a plug-in hybrid. Without a plug, it's too little, too late...

I'd love to hear the details of a plug-in hybrid Rogue...care to enlighten us?

Saw 2 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV at Mistsubishi Canada when I stopped by for a charge on Tuesday. They were both plated with regular Ontario plates (not the green plates). Very nice looking, at first I thought they had ICE'd their spots.

ahagge said:
Ummm...where are those rumors? The Oracle of Google only shows one item regarding a "hybrid" next-gen Rogue (and that from a year ago), not a plug-in hybrid. Without a plug, it's too little, too late...

I'd love to hear the details of a plug-in hybrid Rogue...care to enlighten us?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17899" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Search for Qashqai plugin as well.

Just when you thought Outlander couldn't look any worse ... here comes MY16.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1094567_2016-mitsubishi-outlander-plug-in-hybrid-revealed-at-paris-motor-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mitsubishi-outlander-phev-concept-s-2014-paris-auto-show_100482261_h.jpg

I think the Outlander concept looks way better than the Leaf. The styling direction has gone back to aggressive, which is what I liked about the older Outlander and Outlander Sport.

ggodman said:
I like it, of course I have a Rav4EV so maybe I'm biased, if it had the same range and performance as the Rav4EV I would have considered it.
The thing is, its a CUV. How important are a CUV's looks to the typical buyer, compared to its utility? I drive a Forester. At no point have I ever said to myself 'man, this is one beautiful car'. Its looks, relative to the other CUVs I considered, ranked way down at the bottom of the list of what I valued, not even in sight of 'can I sleep in the back? Can I put my bike in there without removing the front wheel? Is the driving position comfortable for me for long trips? Driving, HVAC and audio controls well located and easy to use without looking? Will my Yakima accessories fit on the Subaru rails, or do I need to use my Yakima bar? etc. etc.

It is that ugly part below the grill that is an eyesore. Rest is ok.

BTW, that front is supposed to look like Mitsu emblem ... really ?

evnow said:
It is that ugly part below the grill that is an eyesore. Rest is ok.

BTW, that front is supposed to look like Mitsu emblem ... really ?
Got to keep the minds of the people who design ad campaigns limber somehow. "H'mm, what can we say about the way the front end looks? I need ideas, people! Looks like the company emblem? (sarcastically) Yeah, sure. Anyone else? Nothing?! Okay, let's run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes."

GRA said:
ggodman said:
I like it, of course I have a Rav4EV so maybe I'm biased, if it had the same range and performance as the Rav4EV I would have considered it.
The thing is, its a CUV. How important are a CUV's looks to the typical buyer, compared to its utility? I drive a Forester. At no point have I ever said to myself 'man, this is one beautiful car'. Its looks, relative to the other CUVs I considered, ranked way down at the bottom of the list of what I valued, not even in sight of 'can I sleep in the back? Can I put my bike in there without removing the front wheel? Is the driving position comfortable for me for long trips? Driving, HVAC and audio controls well located and easy to use without looking? Will my Yakima accessories fit on the Subaru rails, or do I need to use my Yakima bar? etc. etc.
+1 Amen to that! Of course, if it wasn't true, I wouldn't have my LEAF... :D

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV | Fully Charged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMitmZgaCY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only PHEV available with a DC port?

Which, IMO, illustrates best how most of the world's vehicle manufactures are oblivious of the future.

edatoakrun said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMitmZgaCY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which, IMO, illustrates best how most of the world's vehicle manufactures are oblivious of the future.
Still can't see the point of QC on a PHEV, given their small batteries. If people are in a hurry, they'll use gas. Fast L2, OTOH, can be worthwhile for lunch, dinner, shopping or movie-length stops.

GRA said:
edatoakrun said:

Still can't see the point of QC on a PHEV, given their small batteries. If people are in a hurry, they'll use gas. Fast L2, OTOH, can be worthwhile for lunch, dinner, shopping or movie-length stops.
I agree. On an EV, it's a necessity, but on a PHEV, it's barely a niceity. In fact, if it sells well, I'm sure we'll see PHEVs clogging up the few functioning CHAdeMO stations around. Although, if CHAdeMO owners continue to charge the ridiculous $5-$7 per 30-minute session while neglecting to maintain the hardware in functioning condition, perhaps not. :roll:

PHEVs are aimed at the mid to upper portion of the Middle Class, and this group also likes convenience and not having to wait for things. Being able to fully charge the pack in 5-10 minutes may seem irrelevant to many of us, but to someone who wants a 70+MPG luxury/sport vehicle with little or no inconvenience, it will be a selling point.

A significant portion likely won't bother to even charge it at all. They'll just treat it as a gas hybrid with HOV stickers... I don't see very many people QCing it - the ROI simply is not there.

LeftieBiker said:
PHEVs are aimed at the mid to upper portion of the Middle Class, and this group also likes convenience and not having to wait for things. Being able to fully charge the pack in 5-10 minutes may seem irrelevant to many of us, but to someone who wants a 70+MPG luxury/sport vehicle with little or no inconvenience, it will be a selling point.

I sat in one of the prototypes at Mitsubishi's annual owners gathering in Normal, IL. It looks like they had to do some creative exhaust re-routing to get it around the battery pack under the floor of the vehicle.

15306549910_8f69664b38_z_d.jpg

15306352019_f5ecc4a7c1_z_d.jpg

15306547630_c2cef5b375_z_d.jpg

15306347949_535f55c48e_z_d.jpg

Back