Official Mercedes B-class EV thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm too lazy to signup for a different forum (we only have this car for two more days). Does anyone know how to tell if it's charging (like the Leaf's blinking lights)? I'm trying to charge it with the EVSE that came w/my Leaf but I'm not sure it's working.

gsleaf said:
Yeah, I'm too lazy to signup for a different forum (we only have this car for two more days). Does anyone know how to tell if it's charging (like the Leaf's blinking lights)? I'm trying to charge it with the EVSE that came w/my Leaf but I'm not sure it's working.

If you are suing the 2011-2012 Nissan LEAF portable charger cord, it won't work with Tesla products.

TonyWilliams said:
gsleaf said:

If you are suing the 2011-2012 Nissan LEAF portable charger cord, it won't work with Tesla products.

ahh, okay.. thanks

I got a metallic grey / brown leather yesterday, all options available.

84C8BDCD-2A51-4593-8770-5188CFA29A13.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
Wow! Your third production EV!

I guess the problems with the RAV4EV drivetrain couldn't have been TOO bad!

Have you put a trailer hitch on it, yet? :)

RegGuheert said:
TonyWilliams said:

I imagine JdeMO compatibility will be his first priority, judging by Tony's posts on the B-class forum.

GRA said:
RegGuheert said:
TonyWilliams said:

I imagine JdeMO compatibility will be his first priority, judging by Tony's posts on the B-class forum.

No plans for a trailer hitch, but JdeMO development will be concurrent with RAV4 EV. It actually would be difficult to find a hitch for a car that's not otherwise sold in the USA, except for CARB-ZEV compliance.

I currently own four EV's. My last gas car went back to the leasing company in July.

TonyWilliams said:
I currently own four EV's. My last gas car went back to the leasing company in July.
O.K. I'm a couple of EVs behind, then. If you don't count the LEAFs which have been replaced, I only know of the Rav4EV and the new Mercedes. Which other two do you own?

RegGuheert said:
TonyWilliams said:
O.K. I'm a couple of EVs behind, then. If you don't count the LEAFs which have been replaced, I only know of the Rav4EV and the new Mercedes. Which other two do you own?

I have three RAV4 EV's

1) 2012

2) 2014's

It's already two years since I had a LEAF.

TonyWilliams said:

Hi Tony, We had a Mercedes B-Class EV loaner while our Leaf was being fixed (someone rear-ended us at low speed). It was nice to have because it's an EV we were considering. The only major issue we had with it was that the glass for the front windshield was shaped funny so it gave my short wife (~5` tall) a headache looking through it. She said she felt like when you put on glasses that don't fit your prescription. Have you had any shorter people in the card and if so did they notice this at all?

My wife said she noticed it when we test-drove it but didn't mention it. Once she drove it she really noticed it.

gsleaf said:
TonyWilliams said:

Hi Tony, We had a Mercedes B-Class EV loaner while our Leaf was being fixed (someone rear-ended us at low speed). It was nice to have because it's an EV we were considering. The only major issue we had with it was that the glass for the front windshield was shaped funny so it gave my short wife (~5` tall) a headache looking through it. She said she felt like when you put on glasses that don't fit your prescription. Have you had any shorter people in the card and if so did they notice this at all?

My wife said she noticed it when we test-drove it but didn't mention it. Once she drove it she really noticed it.
Tony's been busy this weekend driving his RAV4 with JdeMo from San Diego to the Bay Area and back, and I suspect he hasn't had much time to drive his B-class yet. Why don't you try going back to that or another dealer with your wife and have her drive a different B-class EV, to see if it's just a flaw in the windshield glass of that particular car?

I happened to stumble across this old article: http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1093965_first-2014-mercedes-benz-b-class-electric-drive-sold-last-month" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Not sure if it's been posted yet.

I found it funny that she said
the Nissan Leaf and the Chevy Volt were a little too small."
:roll:
From the specs tab of http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=35247&id=34699" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, the Merc B-Class ED has 2 cu-ft less of passenger volume and 2 cu-ft less of luggage volume than the Leaf.

The Range Package and some other options become standard in 2015...

http://insideevs.com/model-year-2015-mercedes-benz-b-class-electric-drive-range-package-becomes-standard/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRA said:
Tony's been busy this weekend driving his RAV4 with JdeMo from San Diego to the Bay Area and back, and I suspect he hasn't had much time to drive his B-class yet. Why don't you try going back to that or another dealer with your wife and have her drive a different B-class EV, to see if it's just a flaw in the windshield glass of that particular car?

We noticed it in two separate Mercedes. I'm assuming it's how the car is built.

TomT said:
The Range Package and some other options become standard in 2015...

http://insideevs.com/model-year-2015-mercedes-benz-b-class-electric-drive-range-package-becomes-standard/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still no QC, sigh.

NeilBlanchard said:
The 2015 has a 10kW charger - nice!

Only useful for those who come and go home often. Pretty much useless for public charging.

TomT said:
Coming second quarter 2015 but likely SAE...

Valdemar said:
Still no QC, sigh.

Better than none. KIA is apparently installing dual-nozzle ABB units at dealerships, who knows they may allow other cars to charge too, especially if they follow the steps of Nissan dealerships most of which are now under eVgo. Plus the eVgo proper sites in CA. One problem is that ABB units are 20kW, meh.

Back