Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DNAinaGoodWay said:
And that's a problem. It's one thing to not know about a future install, but when a dealer has had it up and running for a month, and we have to find it by chance or searching, something is wrong.
Yes. This is absolutely silly. I'd imagine some folks at Nissan corporate know where a Nissan-branded QC has been shipped to (esp. if Nissan corporate ponied up some $ for it), the schedule for installation, approvals, etc. It should be part of that process to add it to some list that the public can access AND to add it to Plugshare. Even better if those go to their social media team (e.g. folks that run the Nissan Leaf Facebook page and other channels) so that they can periodically broadcast that new DC FCs are at _____ locations. See below.
drees said:
KJD said:
Sure would be nice if Nissan would publish a list of these locations, like DNA has requested.
All Nissan has to do is to take a queue from the DC QC leader - Tesla Motors. Simply publish a list of dealers with established and upcoming DC QC stations along with whatever details they may want to provide.

Then provide a link to PlugShare to get up-to-date details.
Yep. For those who haven't looked, there's a map and list at http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, including a slider that lets you see roughly where future locations will be.

Each current location has a link to more info.

And, Tesla periodically announces new Supercharger locations via Facebook. Examples below:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152087045832801&set=a.398080447800.166146.18790602800&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - from today, less than 20 minutes ago
Tesla Motors

We're continuing to open #Superchargers, with more to come in 2014!
We've just energized Vacaville, CA, Lusk, WY, and Highland Park, IL!
Like · · Share · 16 minutes ago
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152065146897801&set=a.398080447800.166146.18790602800&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tesla Motors

Our #Supercharger network continues to expand! We just energized stations in Angola and Mishawaka, IN and St. Joseph, MI.
Like · · Share · December 12
and so on...
drees said:
Yes, I was maintaining that list using crowd sourced data from reports in this thread. PITA to do. Much easier to simply update PlugShare, though it was kind of nice having a list of Nissan dealers with QC stations. If anyone really wants that, they can simply create a page on the wiki.
Agree.

Tesla (sigh) the gold standard. If only I had the gold. Waiting on the Model E.

Until then, RE:

NYLEAF said:
There is this old map that was being used back during the summer to keep track of QC installations. It hasn't been updated in a while, probably because PlugShare is widely used at this point.

Nissan just needs to release the list of dealers that have signed onto the program. We don't care if it's a Nissan QC, an Eaton QC, a QC that's on the ChargePoint network, a QC that requires a dealer keyfob, limited hours, 24 hours, or only accessible to people with green eyes. We can figure all that out once we know where to look!

Mr. Brockman made the following post on October 9th in response to my request for more information on the QC rollout:

BBrockman said:
NYLEAF: Yes. QCs have been going in at a number of new locations. I will post an update with the latest info shortly. We typically leave it to the local dealer to promote availability of their own QC since they set the rules for access.

That was over 2 months ago. The time frame for "shortly" has passed.

Brian himself started this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Six months ago!

So, after all this time they're still debating how best to release the list?

Must be using the same software developers that gave us CarWings.

By the time Brian and Brendan Jones get their act together, we will probably have found and posted all of this round's QCs.

For future programs, the simplest solution would be for the dealer's LEAF person to post it on PlugShare themselves.

Although, I'm learning to lower my expectations. It's like asking the blind to draw me a map.

It's just that I thought they might have some vision.

I have a DCFC map that covers WA (very well) and OR (probably needs a LOT of updating) and Nissan has really jumped up in our area but the lack of publicity is ALARMING. if I had not picked up my 2013 the other day, I would have had no clue about the 24/7 fast charger 8 miles from my house that includes wi fi

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217366938479529511382.0004bffffd8d6a10ca1c6&msa=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KJD said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
will swing by to see whether I can get a charge at midnight or not
Did you try this the other night ?

yep, plugged in at 1:20 AM, charged for about 18 mins and connected to their wi-fi to upload data to my corporate HQ...

it was blissful!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162442713806531/permalink/664494710267993/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaveinOlyWA said:
KJD said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
will swing by to see whether I can get a charge at midnight or not
Did you try this the other night ?
yep, plugged in at 1:20 AM, charged for about 18 mins and connected to their wi-fi to upload data to my corporate HQ...
it was blissful!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/162442713806531/permalink/664494710267993/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You mean that Nissan finally did something right for a change ? Sweet.

Lets hope this is a sign of good things to come.

KJD said:
You mean that Nissan finally did something right for a change ? Sweet.

Lets hope this is a sign of good things to come.

Actually, they did it right X 2. Puyallup is also available 24/7 and promises much nicer access for business hours as the fast charger is located away from the sales building so MUCH less likely to be blocked.

DaveinOlyWA said:
KJD said:
Actually, they did it right X 2. Puyallup is also available 24/7 and promises much nicer access for business hours as the fast charger is located away from the sales building so MUCH less likely to be blocked.

That fits in perfect for me - a different route home but I'll be able to put a few Kw on quickly instead of being near the top of my battery.

TaylorSFGuy said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
KJD said:

That fits in perfect for me - a different route home but I'll be able to put a few Kw on quickly instead of being near the top of my battery.

hope that commute works out for ya. I have had a LOT of bad luck with 167 traffice especially if unable to use HOV lane but you have that part covered?

QC up and running at Country Nissan, Hadley MA.

Was on after hours, but even with ChargePoint card, couldn't be used, they had overrode the automatic door release and locked it with the key. Will have to educate them some more.

with up to 4 very recent fast charger installs at WA Nissan dealerships, can't help but wonder if there are other chargers out there we don't know about yet so looking for someone who has used or seen one used at WA dealerships

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2013/12/nissans-500-charger-promise.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

QC is apparently up and running at Tynan's Nissan in Aurora, CO. I haven't been by yet but others have; the dealer told me it's free and open 24/7, but I have not verified this.

Boulder Nissan should also have one by the end of the year!

BoulderLeaf said:
QC is apparently up and running at Tynan's Nissan in Aurora, CO. I haven't been by yet but others have; the dealer told me it's free and open 24/7, but I have not verified this.

ah great job. Nissan seems to really be doing the year end push... guessing it will look better on the press release to say "XXX new fast chargers installed in 2013" (even if 75% of them were the last 2 weeks of Dec!)

DaveinOlyWA said:
BoulderLeaf said:

ah great job. Nissan seems to really be doing the year end push... guessing it will look better on the press release to say "XXX new fast chargers installed in 2013" (even if 75% of them were the last 2 weeks of Dec!)

I've been told the year-end push is because of tax purposes. :) I think the credit runs out at the end of the year? I hope that doesn't mean a decrease in infrastructure growth rate afterwards...

Anyway, I've been told to expect a total of 5 QC'ers are dealerships in Colorado and 2 non-dealership locations in Denver (all presumably by the end of the year).

Thanks Nissan! Now if only Brian could make an official announcement, instead of many of us making calls to all of the local dealerships, resulting in tying up everyone's time... :)

BoulderLeaf said:
I've been told the year-end push is because of tax purposes. :) I think the credit runs out at the end of the year?

You're right, the EVSE purchase/install credit that we have been talking about here does apply to businesses as well.

I wrote to about ten dealerships in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Upstate New York.

So far, about half have replied. Four don't offer Quick Charging Stations, in one instance mentioning that it was too expensive for them to justify (annual LEAF sales of only one or two vehicles.)

However, Freedom Nissan in South Burlington, VT did say that they have CHAdeMO. Since they specified a 28-minute recharging time, there's likely no mix-up with a level two station. It's a bit far, 225 miles, for me to confirm, though.

Berlino said:
I wrote to about ten dealerships in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Upstate New York.

So far, about half have replied. Four don't offer Quick Charging Stations, in one instance mentioning that it was too expensive for them to justify (annual LEAF sales of only one or two vehicles.)

However, Freedom Nissan in South Burlington, VT did say that they have CHAdeMO. Since they specified a 28-minute recharging time, there's likely no mix-up with a level two station. It's a bit far, 225 miles, for me to confirm, though.

Thanks for sharing! I've been contacting the dealers around me, and so far nobody has any plans. I was unaware of the dealer in S. Burlington. I will have to check that out next time I'm up there.

BoulderLeaf said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
BoulderLeaf said:

I've been told the year-end push is because of tax purposes. :) I think the credit runs out at the end of the year? I hope that doesn't mean a decrease in infrastructure growth rate afterwards...

Anyway, I've been told to expect a total of 5 QC'ers are dealerships in Colorado and 2 non-dealership locations in Denver (all presumably by the end of the year).

Thanks Nissan! Now if only Brian could make an official announcement, instead of many of us making calls to all of the local dealerships, resulting in tying up everyone's time... :)

non dealership locations? can you verify or get more info on that? this would be something new. is the locations completely non Nissan related?

Back