Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a fast charger with true 24/7 availability is GREAT news. too many posts seen with people denied the ability to charge because it was

1) off hours
2) not a customer of the dealer! (the worst of the worst)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NissanLEAFAdvisors/permalink/264753673676536/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Business hours only :cry: So, Kelly Nissan is better.

Will try to change their minds. Honestly, was too excited to go argue with them, but I'll be back there soon.

Otherwise, it's great! Free, no fob or RFID needed, just push start. Right out front and they say will never be blocked in. Waiting for signage.

Pics on Plugshare, not sure how to post them here.

They told me that they thought Nissan was going to require all dealers to have one, and it only made sense to take advantage of the extra incentives before they expire at years end.

DaveinOlyWA said:
BoulderLeaf said:
A little of topic, but has anyone heard of the company GOe3? They are deploying a large network of quick chargers along interstate routes (including 7 chademo chargers in Denver). Here is a map to their final planned rollout:
http://goe3charge.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/goe3-reveals-planned-map-of-ev-highway-routes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

every 75 miles? wow! that is a bit harsh. my degradation insures I would only make that at 55 mph and a 100% charge. oh and that would have to be during Summer or a temperature range between 60 and 70º

as far as the map. i see a small pix of the US but unclear as to where the stations will be. the legend is way too small to read. if its the blue lines then I am out but still glad to see something happening. the spacing needs to be re-evaluated though

Looks like they are avoiding the West Coast Electric Highway, and for good reason. Those are about 40 miles apart and free. I don't think we have any room to complain. :D

Berlino said:
According to Plugshare, the Marlboro one is closed at night. Plugshare also lists a 3rd Nissan DCQC near Boston at IRA Nissan Woburn.

Yes, IRA also states it's closed after hours. Gonna have to work on these folks. What if we want to travel on Sunday? Or at night? This has to be addressed.

Jim McCall in Marlboro told me that Milford Nissan is also installing one. Says he'll get me a list of dealers putting one in.

We've gone from zero to three in a week. How many by the end of the year? Crazy!

This all really makes me wonder how many dealers in the NY area have them and no one even knows. Why isn't Nissan putting a press release out every time a new station is installed? They're at Nissan's own dealers FFS! They should be proud.

It would be cool if they all had one. There's enough dealers around here, all on major routes, that we could go from Boston to NYC, with a lot of stops, but that will change one day too.

C'mon BBrockman, no need to be so shy, pretend we're Nissan customers and you're going to give us helpful information. Or did you mean it to be like Geocache?

Turns out IRA in Woburn (actually Stoneham) where 93 and 128 cross, is now Kelly Nissan Woburn, so maybe they can be persuaded to be 24/7 too. This dealer by dealer thing is a drag, a consistent, universal policy would suit our needs better.

Northeast dealers by state, from Nissan USA:

MA 26
RI. 5
CT 20
VT. 5
NH. 11
ME 7
NY. 58

That's 74 in New England and 132 with NY

Not all of them will do it of course, but after a year of zero, Anything is better.

So far, 3 down, 129 to go.

Five!

Called Milford Nissan, it's been up for a week!

So far,

Kelly Lynnfield, Kelly Woburn (used to be IRA) and Milford all 24/7.

Working on Marlboro.

Commonwealth is locked behind a gate at night, and they didn't seem receptive, but Lawrence is a rough town, so may not change. Edit: have discovered that some dealers can't do 24/7 because they're located in a higher crime area and can't risk the vandelism. Never thought of that. Have heard a couple stories of keyed cars and stolen wheels, thus the fences, gates, and security. Sad

How many more? Am I dreaming?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Five!

So far,

Working on Marlboro.

Commonwealth is locked behind a gate at night, and they didn't seem receptive, but Lawrence is a rough town, so may not change.

What's your source for the 24/7? did you get it in writing? My chat with Milford indicated business hours only.
I guess I'll wait until we see people actually able to charge after hours without issue

I sent my leaf sales guy here in NH an email asking when his dealership was getting one... I'll post if I get an answer back.

essaunders said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
Five!

So far,

Working on Marlboro.

Commonwealth is locked behind a gate at night, and they didn't seem receptive, but Lawrence is a rough town, so may not change.

What's your source for the 24/7? did you get it in writing? My chat with Milford indicated business hours only.
I guess I'll wait until we see people actually able to charge after hours without issue

I sent my leaf sales guy here in NH an email asking when his dealership was getting one... I'll post if I get an answer back.

At Milford, it was a sales rep named Mike. And I had him go confirm with his manager, so I'm pretty confident, but yeah, the proof is in the using. Milford's not far from me. Can't go tonight, but will check myself some night soon.

Just spoke with Ted at Berterra in Auburn, they also have a unit in house, to be installed within two weeks, and they claim 24/7 too. That's only 3 miles from me, so we're going to be good friends. It's right next door to the Home Depot I go to all the time.

So, that's 7, and counting.

DaveinOlyWA said:
wow springing up all over the place (well except here...) now!

Hey, we got a lot of catching up to do to get up to West Coast levels.

These extra Nissan incentives are driving it all. I'm being told it's close to free for the dealers and they can't pass it up. That must apply nationwide I would think.

The big advantage here is how close they all are to each other, at least in southern NE. I mean, five dealers in RI? RI is probably smaller than Orange County. If this pans out, we should have a QC every 30 miles or so. There's already a ring forming around Boston.

That's the beauty of population density, you don't have to drive 50 miles to get to a store.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, left coasters! :D

essaunders said:

Just spoke with Ron at Team Nissan in Manchester and they don't know anything about the incentive deal! He thinks it may be just a Nissan incentive for MA, but his manager is in FL for the week, so he'll call back later. Says Manchester gets counted as part of the Boston market, so maybe they can qualify.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Hey, we got a lot of catching up to do to get up to West Coast levels.
It's not all gravy out here, you know. If I travel north I'm fine -- unless I want to go to the northern 1/3 of the state (CA). West it's only 35 miles to the ocean, so not a major problem even though there are no QCs. But south I have to go 300 miles before I get to a QC. And east? Nothing for 100 miles where I hit impassible mountains. East and then south? Again, 300 miles. If I go north then east it's more than 1100 miles from Davis CA to Ft. Collins CO.

Ray

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Just spoke with Ron at Team Nissan in Manchester and they don't know anything about the incentive deal! He thinks it may be just a Nissan incentive for MA, but his manager is in FL for the week, so he'll call back later. Says Manchester gets counted as part of the Boston market, so maybe they can qualify.

It should help if they're counted as "Boston," because otherwise I don't think New Hampshire is a CARB-ZEV state.

I would expect Maine, Vermont, and Connecticut dealers to get CHAdeMO before New Hampshire because they are in CARB-ZEV states.

Back