Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone think I should update the map to include states other than California with the first non-CA dealer in FL?

I can't believe Florida finally got a DCQC! I'll have to tow my Leaf to Ocala to charge it but hey maybe there'll be more :). Thanks to OttoH for confirming!

TonyWilliams said:
Yes, we should have all the Nissan QC on the map nationwide.
OK, I've added Ocala (FL) and Crown (AL) Nissan to the map. I think I'm going to need some help maintaining the map going forward, but I'm hesitant to leave it open to anyone to edit. If anyone wishes to help, PM or post your Google account details and I'll add you to the list.

drees said:
TonyWilliams said:
OK, I've added Ocala (FL) and Crown (AL) Nissan to the map. I think I'm going to need some help maintaining the map going forward, but I'm hesitant to leave it open to anyone to edit. If anyone wishes to help, PM or post your Google account details and I'll add you to the list.

Ok, you got me. What map? And where is it?

drees said:
TonyWilliams said:

i did advise that the map is available and to message you for updates. I think maybe another thread dedicated to new stations might in order?

thanks for the efforts and perhaps a suggestion?

I think listing the state first in the name is the best option. I am willing to bet that "South Bay Nissan" or some other direction is duplicated somewhere. Now whether both gets a station or not? who knows?

It might just be easier to maintain separate maps for different regions, considering that most Leafs will not be traveling too far outside of the regions/states.

That way you can have more discussion on the region you really care about and you don't have to wade through tons of comments that don't apply to you.

x10guy said:
It might just be easier to maintain separate maps for different regions, considering that most Leafs will not be traveling too far outside of the regions/states.

That way you can have more discussion on the region you really care about and you don't have to wade through tons of comments that don't apply to you.

I agree with that but I would also like to see an overview of how Nissan distributed their stations. I have a WA/OR DCFC map and thought it might be good to combine them and still do but for this purpose, I would like to see just Nissan stations.

there is an import feature so maybe have various people in different regions create a map and import it to the main map?

The good news: Fast charging at Glendale Nissan as I type this (using dealer wi-fi).

The BAD news. Unit requires a key, and the salesman who got it and unlocked the unit for my use mentioned in passing that they are extending the privilege only to drivers who bought or leased their LEAFs from Glendale Nissan. Pointed to the cost of charging for this policy.

Some folks at Nissan corporate must be wishing, or will be soon, that LEAFs could be sold, like Tesla, independently of the dealership network, which so often seems to do more harm than good.

Soooooo stupid.....

timhebb said:
The good news: Fast charging at Glendale Nissan as I type this (using dealer wi-fi).
The BAD news. Unit requires a key, and the salesman who got it and unlocked the unit for my use mentioned in passing that they are extending the privilege only to drivers who bought or leased their LEAFs from Glendale Nissan. Pointed to the cost of charging for this policy.
I am fine with paying a small fee for the electricity, but Nissan corporate paid for the Charge station not the dealer. If Nissan lets the dealers get away with this kind of crap, my next EV will be a Tesla.

timhebb said:

Yes, because it's the people who live closest to the dealer (and likely purchased there) who most need a QC...

KJD said:
timhebb said:
I am fine with paying a small fee for the electricity, but Nissan corporate paid for the Charge station not the dealer. If Nissan lets the dealers get away with this kind of crap, my next EV will be a Tesla.

yes but Nissan "may" not be paying for the juice which can be substantial in certain areas.

the problem is that there are still too many negative forces here. will forego mentioning the obvious but things like demand charges needs to be eliminated for EV charging purposes. Shifting transportation miles from gas to EV is a HUGE benefit to the state but they are slow to support and that is due to our mindset and the Oil lobby. its a tough battle and we need to present a unified front. this kind of post is not helping.

DaveinOlyWA said:
KJD said:
timhebb said:

yes but Nissan "may" not be paying for the juice which can be substantial in certain areas.

the problem is that there are still too many negative forces here. will forego mentioning the obvious but things like demand charges needs to be eliminated for EV charging purposes. Shifting transportation miles from gas to EV is a HUGE benefit to the state but they are slow to support and that is due to our mindset and the Oil lobby. its a tough battle and we need to present a unified front. this kind of post is not helping.
Go back and read my post again Dave. I said I was fine with paying for the electricity.

I am NOT OK with Dealers not allowing all LEAFs to use the charger.

KJD said:
Go back and read my post again Dave. I said I was fine with paying for the electricity.

I am NOT OK with Dealers not allowing all LEAFs to use the charger.

ok, my bad. I read it to say the it was free to customers and a cost to others

it is becoming apparent that the rollout is not going as Nissan had hoped. the "24/7" goal is not being achieved and the "open availability to ALL EVs" (including MiEVs) appears to be another challenge as well

Nissan needs to stomp on this BS now, and hard!!! As was mentioned, Nissan paid for it. I can see a SMALL charge to cover the cost of the electricity but that is it!

I also know that Downtown L.A. Nissan plans to visit possibly charging for their QC after the 90 day get-acquainted period is over... And, as with most, it is not available 24/7, though it IS available for a wider time period than many. Can you just imagine the outcry if all gas station closed in the early evening...

timhebb said:

Some folks at Nissan corporate must be wishing, or will be soon, that LEAFs could be sold, like Tesla, independently of the dealership network, which so often seems to do more harm than good.

Soooooo stupid.....

Back