Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RegGuheert said:
drees said:
Perhaps Nissan should install one of these near each QC station:

Just park over a sprinkler head for 10 minutes :)

A floor fan blowing into the front of the car plus a small water mister would do a good job also, maybe use 4 gallons of water?

GetOffYourGas said:
I wish NYS would install them every 40 miles along the Thruway...we already have a rest stop about that often.

Just for those who have never traveled on the NYS Thruway, the rest stops on the Thruway are not like the rest stops I've experienced in most other states. The "service plazas" on the Thruway are more like the food court at an enclosed shopping mall, with free WiFi and an attached gas station. Certainly the kind of place that you'd find something to do for 20 or 30 minutes. Sadly, NYS has contracted with big oil companies for all "fuel services" on the Thruway, including electricity for EVs, so it's up to them to offer any sort of charging at the rest areas. Not gonna happen anytime soon. :(

Thankfully, there are lots of Nissan dealers and other businesses along the Thruway that would be nice alternative locations for QCs.

I Just received a call from Cerritos Nissan announcing that their DCQC has been installed, but it is not yet operational. The lady promised to call me again when it is operational. Judging from the experience at Glendale Nissan, this might be a while. Very nice for them to call me.

Cerritos Nissan is only about a mile from Cerritos Home Town Buffet, so this unit will facilitate any folks who might want to attend our monthly SoCal Orange County Saturday breakfasts.

Glendale Nissan's DCFC is up - I was there two days ago and the salesmen begged me to charge up my new 2013 SV (from there) as they wanted to see it work. Told me I was the second one to use the new unit. It wouldn't charge, however, presumably because my LEAF was already almost fully charged. I'm guessing it needed to have a 80% SOC or less to work.

JeremyW said:
Sad to report Glendale Nissan is still not up. I heard "could be two more weeks"

Sorry folks. :(
I called Glendale Nissan this AM, Thursday and I was told their DCQC is now operational as of yesterday. I spoke to Van, and he assured me he was talking about the Quick Charge. Jeremy, it would be great if you could verify this. Thanks. No Plugshare reports later than yours.

Sigh, the one day I charge to full since I thought I might need it. :roll:

I have not had the best luck with quick charging lately. Started two weeks ago when Azusa's qc was down, then last week I was third in line at the blink in LA, then Monday night Glendale wasn't up and the L2s were full, and finally on Wednesday Mitsubishi headquarters was blocked by two employee I Mievs-luckily one did come out and move but not before charging! :evil:

As a preemptive measure I charged to full today since I had a few errands to run and didn't want to rely on qc's. Of course that's right around when I learn Glendale is online....

Also, when my leaf was brand new I also could not charge over 80% on the qc's. It outright refused to initiate the session much like yours did.

Elk Grove is operational. After plugging in an RFID fob (available from Sales) is needed to authorize & start the charge.

Details:

1. Starting GOM 43 miles, 7 charge bars (not sure how "full" it was). Ending GOM 64 miles, 10 charge bars. And that 10th bar lasted a long time. 5 Temperature Bars all day (no change). Overnight parked outside around 50F. High today (near end of charge) 74F.

2. The rest of the data are from the station display.

Starting SOC 62%, 80A, 394V. The amps quickly slowed to 70/60/40 amps within 5 minutes, then continued around 40 amps (that's still almost 16kW) and dropped more slowly and linearly to the 15 minute mark: SOC=83%, 28 amps, 394V. At the 20 minute mark I pushed the stop button: SOC=90%, 17amps, 393V (that's still almost 7kW on this otherwise 3,3kW (AC) car).

greengate said:
I wonder how much it cost them and what amount Nissan picked up.

Would be nice to know as my dealer would like to do the same.
My understanding is that Nissan pays the full cost of the unit including installation, which could easily reach $40K or more. The dealer has to pay for electricity, but the dealer can charge a nominal fee to cover the electric costs. Your dealer needs to apply soon.

abasile said:
As I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7253&start=70#p280861" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Fontana Nissan's QC should be available to the public soon!
Fontana told me today that their DCQC is installed and awaiting final inspection and test.

rslatkin said:
jrreno said:
And Florida comes in at ZERO!

I've heard there is or might be one at Pearson Nissan in Ocala, FL, but I haven't been down there to see for myself (I'm in Atlanta.)

Confirmed tonight. There is one, and it's working. Can't really believe the first CHAdeMO in Florida is in Ocala, but apparently it is. The Nissan dealer in town just finished a brand new complex, new showroom, sales office, new service building, etc. Basically all brand new facilities, finished and opened only about a month or two ago, and with it the DCQC.

Now, the same thing happened in Gainesville a little while ago, brand new facilities for the Nissan dealer. I wonder if they too have a DCQC. I may have to check that out. But anyway, I'm happy we got one here.

tbleakne said:
JeremyW said:
Sad to report Glendale Nissan is still not up. I heard "could be two more weeks"

Sorry folks. :(
I called Glendale Nissan this AM, Thursday and I was told their DCQC is now operational as of yesterday. I spoke to Van, and he assured me he was talking about the Quick Charge. Jeremy, it would be great if you could verify this. Thanks. No Plugshare reports later than yours.

I can confirm that the Glendale, CA Nissan DCQC is operational as of Thursday - I charged for 30 minutes there Thursday evening. There's some confusion on the part of the staff - only a couple know how to work it (hint: ask someone at the parts counter - apparently they keep the RFID card behind the counter). The person who activated it for me claimed that people who buy LEAFs from them will get RFID cards to be able to use it without having to ask for assistance.

No charge as of Thursday, but I think all of the dealerships are allowed to start charging after 90 days, correct?

Back