Nissan port / long beach & 1500 cars?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SteveInSeattle said:
Interesting the proportion of white ones. I thought BLUE was clearly the favorite color... Maybe, if there is disproportionate colors that explains some of the reason why some january orders have delivery dates. Or are the white ones for rental fleets?
I was thinking that a lot of the "white" ones simply haven't had any of their plastic wrapping removed, yet.

aries said:
So, has anyone taken the time to actually count them? It'd be interesting to know how many actual leafs are in there. I took 'em but I can't bring myself to count 'em :shock: - so I leave the photo-analysis to others... :)

This one has a lot of them in it - http://aries.spacelink.com/nissan_port/DSC_1401.JPG

Real quick est. (from blocks of blue/white/red) in that pic : 720 :geek:

occ said:
aries said:
So, has anyone taken the time to actually count them? It'd be interesting to know how many actual leafs are in there. I took 'em but I can't bring myself to count 'em :shock: - so I leave the photo-analysis to others... :)

This one has a lot of them in it - http://aries.spacelink.com/nissan_port/DSC_1401.JPG

Real quick est. (from blocks of blue/white/red) in that pic : 720 :geek:

For total cars, there's definitely over 1000 in just the central block of cars alone, and then another several hundred along the sides in that photo, I'd say. 1500 is definitely a plausible overall figure to me. The vast majority of those do not appear to be Leafs however -- maybe a quarter of them at most (I don't have a good feel for being to identify a Leaf aerially, but I can certainly spot the easy negatives, like the ones with too long a "snout").

I find the taillights to be the best identifier. Totally unique among Nissans. Also, no car with a sunroof is a Leaf.

But can't we say that every car with a solar panel on the back is a LEAF? Those little panels are very obvious on the white -- er, glacier pearl -- cars, but harder to see on the blue ones. I'm trying to spot my blue SV, which of course will not have the solar panel.

Ray

I'm trying to spot my blue SV, which of course will not have the solar panel
I did see one without the solar panel it looks like almost all of the cars have them.
(I spent way to much time zooming in on the photos, and being on this site)

planet4ever said:
But can't we say that every car with a solar panel on the back is a LEAF? Those little panels are very obvious on the white -- er, glacier pearl -- cars, but harder to see on the blue ones. I'm trying to spot my blue SV, which of course will not have the solar panel.

Ray[/quote I see several blue leafs without solar panels in the pics.

I find the tail lights and headlights to be the easiest way to identify them.

Naturally leafs are a minority overall as all Nissan cars come here. But given the ships left some time ago and some leafs have certainly been delivered or are in transport; it sure seems to me that a whole mess of them has been through here. A whole mess of them remains too..surely getting firmware updates for that a/c problem.

All of which makes me wonder how many could have possibly been ordered in the few short months that ordering was open? How can it be there isn't enough here for the majority, or all, of the sept orders...?

aries said:
A whole mess of them remains too..surely getting firmware updates for that a/c problem.

I've just learned that the Nissan engineer permanently stationed at Connell Nissan has to be at port tomorrow instead of attending the Coast Green Day event at Orange Coast College, which I'll be attending now in his stead. Something is clearly afoot!

linkim said:
aries said:
Ok, I uploaded my pics. Didn't take the time to do anything fancy.. just a directory listing on my webserver...

have a go at http://aries.spacelink.com/nissan_port/

Thanks aries for the great pictures. I think those of us waiting for our Leaf, your pics give us hope that there is a good possibility of a delivery shortly. I may be hallucinating but I think one of the blue Leafs has one of my two VINs on it.

BTW, how long were you over the site taking pics?

Here's to hoping none of those had water damage

mwalsh said:
aries said:
A whole mess of them remains too..surely getting firmware updates for that a/c problem.
I've just learned that the Nissan engineer permanently stationed at Connell Nissan has to be at port tomorrow instead of attending the Coast Green Day event at Orange Coast College, which I'll be attending now in his stead. Something is clearly afoot!
Yes, and it appears to be full-time employment at Nissan is coming soon for one MWalsh! ;)

Which, btw, would be a good thing...

lonndoggie said:
Yes, and it appears to be full-time employment at Nissan is coming soon for one MWalsh! ;)

Which, btw, would be a good thing...

Well I'm humbled that you should think so, thank you. And I do happen to have those two unpaid furlough days a week as of right now, that I really could go for filling with at least a part-time gig. If anyone at Nissan corporate happens to be of the same mindset. ;)

Any truth to the comment by CS that the number of cars delivered to the port is much closer to 1000 than 1500?

youngr3 said:
Any truth to the comment by CS that the number of cars delivered to the port is much closer to 1000 than 1500?
Where'd you hear that? Going by the number of Leafs seen in port recently, that would match up better with my rough counts than 1500.

I wonder if the Volt product managers wet themselves when they saw a photo of1K or so LEAFs at the port of LA? I suspect the LEAF will out sell the Volt in NA in April.

:shock: Thanks Aries, this is Leafing amazing. Gives us waiting fans hope :D
What could be a better sight for mynissanleafers than a flock of Nissan Leafs waiting for their new owners to claim them? Be patient little Leafs, soon you will be driving off into the sunset with your happy new owners.

mgoleta said:
Maybe we need a slogan like the Red Green show's man's prayer but slightly modified. It could be recited at the beginning of any local LEAF gathering.
I'm a LEAF fan(atic) but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I'm a LEAF fan(atic) but I can charge, if I have to, I guess.

Back