NISSAN LEAF Portuguese version pics and video

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruimegas

I have to share with you the excitement I had by got my first chance to drive the brand new NISSAN LEAF arriving January 2011 (first countrie in Europe to have them).

Here are some pics and a video:
DSC00315.jpg

With Portuguese license plate

DSC00305.jpg

Leaf Interior

DSC00318.jpg

General view
DSC00307.jpg

tablier view

DSC00306.jpg

Engine and charger compartment general view

My test drive video (sorry about the portuguese talking, I hope you can understand it):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7pgXRr3EUI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwaW13ktsCY[/youtube]
Leaf Passing by

Comments appreciated

Thank you for you patience

Regards

Looks the same.

What about the fast charger ? Are you getting that on all trims or is it only on the higher trim as an option ?

How well did it drive?Were you able to make a reservation for your own car or does that occur in January?

evnow said:
Looks the same.

What about the fast charger ? Are you getting that on all trims or is it only on the higher trim as an option ?

Nissan Leaf will come with both kind of chargers L2 and L3 because the company that's going to install the chargers called Mobi-e will provide for now 1300 L2 chargers (we dont use L1 because we dont use 110 v in Europe, only 220 v plugs) and 50 fast 50 amps fast chargers all over the countrie that based on our dimension is more than enough to assure the driving all over the countrie with no lack of fast "juice" if needed (mainly in the highways gas stations between big towns). It will come in the two trims available.

Makes no sense not have the L3 plug available because it's what makes the point agains the ICE cars. Sorry to know that you are undecided to what kind of fast chargers you will have in US. I saw a pic of a Leaf without the L3 plug and it's really weird. Hope you all solve that in time or electric cars may have a more difficult time to progress there.

stanley said:
How well did it drive?Were you able to make a reservation for your own car or does that occur in January?

It's amazing and so impressive... I'm so drilled to be seated on it and feel exactly what it can do in terms of torque and softness at the same time...ICE cars whatch out ;), you will not have a chance when green lights show if we want to kick your a**es...lool.

For me it's ...no doubt the car of the year of several years to come because it's the right mix of price, equipment, economy, eco behaviour...everything I could expect from my new car....pitty still have to wait so much till I get mine (February to April 2011).

I made my pre reservation on 31July2010 and I paid 300,00 € for it. I will make my definitive reservation with contract signed in December2010 after I got a full test drive (at least 30 minutes on open road).

I was surprised this Saturday the 16th October 2010 when I saw several LEAF's standing out in a park for the even is going to happen in Lisbon (check the link below) . Of course I got there and took some pics that I share here. Hope you like:

EUROPEAN NISSAN LEAF Glacier Pearl
7355488_Pg2ZS.jpeg

front glacier leaf pearl
7369078_rTKz2.jpeg

Several Leafs
7369091_ROH1Q.jpeg

Front right low
7369105_e9mVc.jpeg

Back right low
7369120_0SbOM.jpeg

Front lamp
7369133_RAB7d.jpeg

Fog Lamp
7369139_qTEYC.jpeg

I'm proud to let you know that, in Lisbon, Portugal, Europe, is happening the first public real test drives without any limitation so we can really check specially the range of the LEAF made by people other than NISSAN guys:

http://blog.tedxedges.com/2010/10/lisbon-in-portugal-hosts-today-first.html

garygid said:
Great, Bravo!

When you can see one opened up, please get some good pictures of the "charging cord", including any labels.

Por Favor, get VIN numbers, when possible.

Here's what you asked (hope you can read the VIN number):
7369483_oycD4.jpeg

Charging cord:
7369506_uWKuV.jpeg

Front Label
7369519_juqp1.jpeg

Rear Label (sorry it's out of focus)
7369524_220aT.jpeg

VIN: perhaps ... JN1 FAAZE 0B0 005016 ??

ECSE: Panasonic, 16A, 230v (or 220v?) to 240v, 50Hz, but otherwise "identical" in form to the USA model (with a different "wall" plug, of course).

Quite possibly there are only minor differences inside these Panasonic "pigtail and soap" units.

One wonders why other EVSEs are so HUGE. Possibly to make them look like they are worth the extra money?

garygid said:
VIN: perhaps ... JN1 FAAZE 0B0 005016 ??

ECSE: Panasonic, 16A, 230v (or 220v?) to 240v, 50Hz, but otherwise "identical" in form to the USA model (with a different "wall" plug, of course).

Quite possibly there are only minor differences inside these Panasonic "pigtail and soap" units.

One wonders why other EVSEs are so HUGE. Possibly to make them look like they are worth the extra money?

The VIN is: JN1 FAAZE 0U0 005016

Regards

Thanks, ruimegas.
Could you post a photo of the wall receptacle (and maybe a link where one could purchase one) that the LEAF's L2 would plug into ?

In your first EVSE picture, the thick, shiny-black cord comes out the bottom of the "soap" (EVSE box), going to the Pistol-Grip J1772 plug.

Coming out the top is a short pigtail (with the yellow label) to a blue & white plug. Apparently this mates with an "adapter cord" (matte black), perhaps 2 meters long, that plugs into a normal "wall" socket?

LEAFer said:
Thanks, ruimegas.
Could you post a photo of the wall receptacle (and maybe a link where one could purchase one) that the LEAF's L2 would plug into ?

Here they are:
L2 Charger
7371350_Iwb3h.jpeg

L3 and L2 Charger
7371344_O8ulD.jpeg

Public L2 Charger with two plugs
7371353_SBVL5.jpeg

Activation of the L2 Charger with a card (needed to sign a contract with an electric company to assure direct debit to our bank account)
7371324_IdnM7.jpeg

Mobi-e is the name of the portuguese company that allows electric companies to supply electricity thru their chargers and let costumers to chose the lowest price available (incresed competition). Everything is integrated and we have one of the most advanced system of this kind in Europe (possible to warn availability of the charger, to reserve a charger, among other options)
http://www.mobi-e.pt/Pages/Default.aspx

Regards

garygid said:
In your first EVSE picture, the thick, shiny-black cord comes out the bottom of the "soap" (EVSE box), going to the Pistol-Grip J1772 plug.

Coming out the top is a short pigtail (with the yellow label) to a blue & white plug. Apparently this mates with an "adapter cord" (matte black), perhaps 2 meters long, that plugs into a normal "wall" socket?

It goes into the L2 charger and push between 16 and 20 amps (7 to 8 hours from empty to full charge)

There another cord that clients can buy as an extra that will allow an opportunity charge and can be plug in any wall socket that will not push more than 10 amps (12 hours to full charge)

garygid said:
Does the L2 EVSE on the wall (next to the L3 unit) do anything different than the 240v 16A "pigtail & soap" that is included with the LEAF?

As far as I know (and everything is quite new to me) the L2 EVSE only charge 220v/240v 16A to 20A (European standard, we dont use 110v like you do there in US). As I'm not a english native speaker I'm not sure about what you mean with the "pigtail & soap"...sorry.

A short wire coming out of a box, like the tail on the back end of a pig, is sometimes called a "pigtail" (a short wire, or cord).

One product made for taking a shower is a soft cord (rope) to put around your neck (like a long necklace), with a bar of soap on it. It is called "Soap on a Rope". Then, you do not drop the soap in the dirt as you shower in the forest with the gypsy girls. :D

So, the EVSE supplied by Nissan (in the cargo area of the LEAF) is a "pigtail" (short wire), with a small box (the Panasonic EVSE box) "hanging" from the "pigtail", a little bit like the "Soap on a Roap" for the shower.

Yes, not obvious, I know.

I worried about your understanding when I wrote it. However, I guessed that you would ask if you "had no clue" (had no understanding). :)

Back