Nissan Conspiracy Theories

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up on your website not too long ago. I spent a little time there, but had to look away because I started getting a little dizzy trying to follow your statements and arguments. That's not to say that you don't have something credible to say, I just couldn't follow enough for it to resonate with me. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Sharen, imagine what fun you would half trying to uncover the corruption within the oil industry and the governments where they use and sell it. That'll give you a ton of material to have at. You should find plenty of outrage with that, what with all the govt subsidies, bribery money, billions spent on wars to secure it, etc., etc., ....

It so happens I just watched The Age of Stupid (2009), so timely posted on a separate thread. Sharen, you might want to check it out. :cool:

I do find it uncanny that when I called the hotline and complained about how Nissan was handling the degradation issue, the rep emphatically blamed the lost capacity in the extreme cases on Quick charging multiple times a day. It took a lot of talking it through with him to get him to realize that was not going to fly with me as I had followed the issue and that 30+ folks with every variety of charging habit were reporting having early degradation. He seemed to come around and became very interested in seeing that list, which I pointed him to on this forum. He seemed to be taking a lot of notes and promised to escalate the issue upstream.

It is possible that Sharyn is crazy, it is also possible that she has been put through the corporate gauntlet and made a bit crazy by it... who knows. In any case, it reflects the sad state of affairs for Nissan that things are unraveling enough with their "range excluding battery warranty" (an oxymoron if there ever was one) for this thread to get any traction.

TonyWilliams said:
sharynbovat said:
In the real world most drivers will get only 45 miles per charge in 2015. What nissan needs to do is to have a heating and cooling system to protect the
battery from degradation. Get this!!! They're planning on blaming degradation
on the "quick chargers"...."

That's a clever angle, and I have to give a big slap on the back to Nissan management, if in fact this is from them. I doubt that this statement is something you can specifically identify with any Nissan employee.

The quick charge network didn't materialize for LEAF drivers to brutalize the battery with. My car has 15-18% degradation in one year, even while following all the Nissan battery care recommendations. Not exactly a good position for Nissan (to blame me) or to brag how good their battery is. I just completed the annual battery report; five stars on everything !!! I suspect I could have had 50% degradation and gotten five stars.

I do, however, believe the basic concept that these batteries issues were expected and known. There is NO WAY that these batteries were going to survive without TMS, and they aren't. Obviously, Nissan knew that at every level. They know it know, and we're living it now.

GaslessInSeattle said:
I do find it uncanny that when I called the hotline and complained about how Nissan was handling the degradation issue, the rep emphatically blamed the lost capacity in the extreme cases on Quick charging multiple times a day. It took a lot of talking it through with him to get him to realize that was not going to fly with me as I had followed the issue and that 30+ folks with every variety of charging habit were reporting having early degradation. He seemed to come around and became very interested in seeing that list, which I pointed him to on this forum. He seemed to be taking a lot of notes and promised to escalate the issue upstream.

It is possible that Sharyn is crazy, it is also possible that she has been put through the corporate gauntlet and made a bit crazy by it... who knows. In any case, it reflects the sad state of affairs for Nissan that things are unraveling enough with their "range excluding battery warranty" (an oxymoron if there ever was one) for this thread to get any traction.

TonyWilliams said:
sharynbovat said:
In the real world most drivers will get only 45 miles per charge in 2015. What nissan needs to do is to have a heating and cooling system to protect the
battery from degradation. Get this!!! They're planning on blaming degradation
on the "quick chargers"...."

That's a clever angle, and I have to give a big slap on the back to Nissan management, if in fact this is from them. I doubt that this statement is something you can specifically identify with any Nissan employee.

The quick charge network didn't materialize for LEAF drivers to brutalize the battery with. My car has 15-18% degradation in one year, even while following all the Nissan battery care recommendations. Not exactly a good position for Nissan (to blame me) or to brag how good their battery is. I just completed the annual battery report; five stars on everything !!! I suspect I could have had 50% degradation and gotten five stars.

I do, however, believe the basic concept that these batteries issues were expected and known. There is NO WAY that these batteries were going to survive without TMS, and they aren't. Obviously, Nissan knew that at every level. They know it know, and we're living it now.

Is this crazy talk hell bent on demonizing Nissan and another stab sabotaging the EV mass production movement.
Does Nissan have something to hide? It is interesting that were not getting the correct signals from CS.
Regarding Sharyn Bovat with some exceptions hats off to the thoughtful open mindedness of the forum members for the mostly sensitive respectful replies overall.
Comments regarding this post demonstrate the type of people we are and the fact is were pretty well informed and smart.
For me my Leaf is a good performer especially in my moderate climate but it is a shame TMS was not on the radar much less made an option.
Nissan even with the DOE loan has had to over come many challenges to make it this far in the market place. The Leaf for what it is and does is a good value I think, but obviously only time will prove this out to be true. So now anybody can say Nissan's got a problem with the available information as shared here on MNL.
Their will be issues yes and the battery is a serious one agreed but please, I prefer facts not silly subjective characterisations edited into youtube music videos littered all over a blog.
Keep it real keep it objective.

She has been polite in her responses, and has not attacked any one here. If Nissan CS is script reading that QC is the reason for degradation I would like to know what Nissan management person put that on paper. I must say I have heard some really bad scripted Nissan lines that directly contradict what Mark Perry says on video over and over. To say QC can harm the pack under certain conditions is fair but to say it is the issue for certain cars is funny, I guess they don't need to test those cars after all:) Nissan is still learning the hard way that there are plenty of smart EV owners and we live with something called the internet now.

GaslessInSeattle said:

dont blame Nissan for poorly trained customer service personal. the person you talked to was NOT instructed to give the information you received in the manner you received it.

JRP3 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
dont blame Nissan for poorly trained customer service personal.
You mean the service personnel that Nissan hired and trained? ;)

that is exactly what i mean. i have trained enough people that i can attest that it the quality of the training program does play a part in the "finished" product but sometimes people just dont get it or it takes them time.

i have seen people that in the first month or so, i figured there was no possible way they would work out and then something happened and they turned it around. others... it is like day 89..."can i have a word with you?"

Based on this and your posts elsewhere, don't let the door hit you on the way out! :lol:

peggynevers said:
Hello my name is Antony and I worked for top NISSAN executives. I learned about NISSAN taking money for a car they were using outdated technology to build. I whistle blew and Nissan executives made my life miserable. The web site is pretty disorganized and has a strong paranoid flavor. That's all I can tell from a brief look and all I need to know.

TomT said:
Based on this and your posts elsewhere, don't let the door hit you on the way out! :lol:

peggynevers said:
Hello my name is Antony and I worked for top NISSAN executives. I learned about NISSAN taking money for a car they were using outdated technology to build. I whistle blew and Nissan executives made my life miserable. The web site is pretty disorganized and has a strong paranoid flavor. That's all I can tell from a brief look and all I need to know.

This has been addressed with the poster.

Thank you!

EVDRIVER said:
TomT said:
peggynevers said:
This has been addressed with the poster.

TomT said:

peggynevers said:
peggynevers appears to be a spammer. Almost all "her posts" are copy/pastes from earlier posts in the thread in question.

Back