Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 9, 2014, CANCELLED

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
Brentster said:
... the new Stone Brewery & Restaurant (yet another new eating and meeting option!). The lot is across the street from the Ace Hardware/Slater's parking lot.

I just dropped them an email for Aug 10 or Aug 17.

Bad news... $1500 minimum for a group, guaranteed ahead of time.

See everybody in Encinitas next week.

In addition to the two Blink L2's (Blink card required) at our meeting location at Encinitas Station, there are 3 additional Blink J1772 L2's nearby at the San Diego Botanical Garden. We can arrange a ride to/from there. It may only be open during the times the garden is open.

The Botanical Garden's three L2's are in the parking lot at the corner of Ecke Ranch and Quail Gardens, NOT actually at the botanical garden main parking lot. That' the lower parking lot to the San Dieguito Heritage Museum. About 1.7 miles away, and opens at 9am daily. Need Blink card.

The Scripps hospital at 353 Santa Fe Drive, Encinitas, CA has three L2's (free) in two separate locations. Again, we can arrange a pickup, but it's close enough to walk; about 0.7 miles. No card required.

A local Tesla driver can offer his new home charger (J1772 or Tesla HPC?), plus he also has a NEMA 14-50. It is located near La Costa Avenue, only about 7 miles away. You can charge while the meeting is on, and grab a ride to/from the meetings with him as well. No card required.

Sorry I've missed so many SD meet-ups lately, Tony, but there always seems to be some conflict in my schedule, and I can't make this one either. We've been installing an exhibit at the CA Surf Museum in Oceanside to celebrate the 50th anniversary of my surf club, and it opens on June 8th.
http://surfmuseum.org/gala2013/index.htm

Have fun, but I'll be doing some last minute twirling to get everything ready, I'm sure. Organizing surfers is a lot like herding cats... ;)

TT

ttweed said:
Sorry I've missed so many SD meet-ups lately... Organizing surfers is a lot like herding cats... ;)

I tried to shorten the commute for you, and you are still dissin' us!!! Heck, I herded sheep as a kid, and I can tell you that it's great that they want to stay in a pack, when one goes, they all go. Hopefully, it's in the direction you wanted!!!

I'm in! However I'll be ICE'in it in our PZEV :shock: since I'd have to leave at 5am on 100% and then stop and charge for 2-3 hrs in Irvine (hey!! where my car first came from!! Irvine Nissan!!!) and then go on from there.

But I'll bring any dev tools and laptop goodies, etc for the Brusa team!

Jason

JasonA said:
I'm in! However I'll be ICE'in it in our PZEV :shock: since I'd have to leave at 5am on 100% and then stop and charge for 2-3 hrs in Irvine (hey!! where my car first came from!! Irvine Nissan!!!) and then go on from there.

But I'll bring any dev tools and laptop goodies, etc for the Brusa team!

Jason

Look forward to meeting Saturday.

Tony, what's your address? I don't think I can make it to Encinitas due to other obligations, but may be able to make it to your house to check out the Brusa work. How late do you expect the Brusa workshop to go?

drees said:
Tony, what's your address? I don't think I can make it to Encinitas due to other obligations, but may be able to make it to your house to check out the Brusa work. How late do you expect the Brusa workshop to go?

I have no idea how late we might be, but I suspect plenty!!

12656 Sabre View Cove, SD

JasonA said:
This is still on right? Getting ready to go fill up my ICE'er :( for the long trek down..
As far as I know it is. :)

Bringing the Brusa, HV cables, 20 feet of 4 pair shielded wire for the LV stuff, Ampseal connector (23 pin thing on the front of the Brusa), crimper for ampseal pins, and old laptop (with chargestar and hyperterm).

Also a battery module. Care to see how heavy half a kWh (nameplate) is?

Oh and hopes and dreams! Gotta have that. :)

Flight departure time: 6:30 am. Yeah that's a bit early, but not as bad as 4 or (ugh) 2:30 that I've done in the past for leaf meetings far far away... :roll:

About 40 people total, $870 food bill, didn't count all the cars as some were scattered to the various local charge stations. Some folks went to the Poway location!!!!! Lots of EV related industry was present, as is customary. More details later (and a bunch of pics):

4ea7dfb48a87ac0b47f2b20d5feeaf1b.jpg

Thanks, Tony, a great time...Somehow having Ruby the Tesla next to the "Slow" sign just seems a little.....wrong :)

We had an "after party" at my house on June 8, 2013, exclusively for Mega Nerds who took apart Jeremy's LEAF to install a Swiss built Brusa charger. When complete, he will be able to charge at 32 amps, instead of 16 amps on the 2011-2012 LEAF. By the way, that's faster than the 27.5 amps on the 2013 LEAF with upgrade charge package:

LEAF Mega Nerd Party:

29956c8376b82b38d5f07925e34c3e12.jpg

eaf7ddb56d3823ceb002f753f52b0767.jpg

a570dff2f3abd44658f80c96c9b9fe8a.jpg

a9df5f06b6fd1a61c1198b609be540fe.jpg

6e9a8a272602ceb06e2b182d9956dd7f.jpg

Back