newbie needs quality home charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gatedad11 said:
Genmrough:

Modified or not(as in EVSE)has no bearing on insurance coverage. 30+ years as an insurance adjuster, believe me, they(H/O insurance for your home or auto insurance if it is the car you are claiming)would have to pay. Not sure what you mean by not getting paid. The EVSE does NOT void the Nissan warranty, and even if the insurance company could prove that the modifications caused the fire, it would still be covered. Your H/O insurance company might try to then cancel your policy, but the coverage is there regardless.

Thank you for your input on this. I was being ridden hard in another thread as I am buying a JuiceBox 40 EVSE and that is not UL listed. Some people claimed that no UL listing means no insurance coverage. I ended up calling my insurance company and they confirmed that they are obligated to provide coverage. It's reassuring coming from someone who has 30+ years as an adjuster. Thank you!!

While we're on the topic of warranties. Plugless, as a fully reversible aftermarket part*, won't (and legally CANNOT - there is something called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act).

Further our 3-year Warranty covers you should our system cause any damage to your LEAF - https://www.pluglesspower.com/limited-warranty/ Go to the "Interaction With Vehicle Manufacturer Limited Parts and Labor Warranty" section.

* When Plugless is installed we do not drill, cut or break the EV in anyway - and it doesn't change anything about the functionality of the EV (read: you can still use corded chargers when you are out and about) - that is, except for the ability to charge through the very air itself.

Onward.

Back