New version of the iOS app

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it's necessarily "prettier" but the gray background is more in line with Nissan's current website design. I would have liked more functionality; for example, for those of us with pre-2014 cars, how about charging times for both "Long Life" and 100% mode? For those of us with pre-2013 models, how about an SOC% gauge? If LeafSpy can provide that data, there's no reason why Nissan couldn't.

RonDawg said:
I don't know if it's necessarily "prettier" but the gray background is more in line with Nissan's current website design. I would have liked more functionality; for example, for those of us with pre-2014 cars, how about charging times for both "Long Life" and 100% mode? For those of us with pre-2013 models, how about an SOC% gauge? If LeafSpy can provide that data, there's no reason why Nissan couldn't.
I suspect that the SOC% gauge on 2011-12s might require an update on the car side, which is why Carwings only estimates % based on the bar count. (Yes, of course it can be done, but are they really going to validate a firmware update for the '11/'12 MY cars for it? Nope.)
"If LeafSpy can do it, there's no reason Carwings can't" is not necessarily true. I'm guessing Carwings has a specified API that can't access everything that you can over OBD-II. As mentioned above, they could update the '11/'12 LEAFs to support more API commands, but it's probably an update to the TCU or something, and that may be a hassle.

While the official Leaf app was a great initial effort, the "Leaf Link" app has been the preferred method of "talking" to my Leaf for 2+ years, and I'm thinking that's not going to change...

No new functionality. The really crazy thing is, no Push Notifications, and it's 2015. I've literally been using Push Notifications in iOS since 2009. Seriously, 6 years! It's mind-blowing to me that such a simple thing still doesn't exist. Aside from that, the absurd update times, are horrible.

It's embarrassing for Nissan that BMW's i3 app was featured by Apple for the Apple Watch, and the functionality is pretty nice...but nothing new from Nissan.

RonDawg said:
Ditto on all of the above. I don't think it looks prettier at all, either. To me, it looks worse and is harder to tell what's going on due to the color schemes they chose for the charging status icons.

Bring back the old look!

FWIW, the Android version received its facelift a few days (or maybe a week?) before the iOS version. (I carry both an Android phone and iPhone.)

Interesting...I'm still seeing the old iOS format. When I check the app store it shows the same old app. Am I missing something here?

Back