New Nissan LEAF Online Research Panel Survey 11/4/2010

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took the survey. Seemed to work fine with Google Chrome browser.

One question had me stumped, the one where they asked what type of car I planned to buy/lease as my next vehicle. There was no choice for LEAF, or a choice that matched the LEAF very well. I finally chose mid-size lower (Altima, Accord), but that is certainly not what I'd be buying next if LEAF wasn't available. It'd be more like a Mini.

For additional info that I'd like to see on the LEAF interior displays, I asked for actual State of Charge, kWh used per charge and cumulative, and real-time availability status of DC fast charge stations.

For additional features/options, I chose power seats with seat bottom height, angle, leather seating, parking sensors front and rear, around-view feature (available on some Infinitis) for easier parking, sport suspension, steering wheel and sport mode for acceleration, and a setting for higher brake regen. I'm guessing that a lot of these will be on the Infiniti EV when they eventually release it.

tps said:
I answered the question about the 6.6KW charger: yes, I would be willing to pay extra, up to $700...

I said the exact same thing actually. Figured the price of the quick charge port would work for me.

For options to add to the Leaf I said:

6.6w charger option, sport mode for even faster acceleration, and a sun roof, and regen settings.

jcesare said:
I just completed it.

Looks like they are trying to figure out how to market their environmentally friendly manufacturing processes and dealerships.

As far as the actual car is concerned, new features I recommended:
1) Built in garage door opener

It has this.

I finished it. Forest green. I think the whole eco-friendly dealership thing is a crock and said so. There's no way to tell if it's real or just marketing and even if you could, I'd rather not pay more so that they can give to causes I may or may not support. I can donate to my own green causes. Just give me the cheapest price and I'll take care of being green myself. The extra feature I requested was the ability to plug directly into a standard 240V dryer plug without needing the docking station part of the EVSE. There may be code issues, etc., I know, but there should be an adapter that plugs in like the dryer and has J1772 on the other end without needing to rewire. The charger itself could take care of limiting amperage and all or some of the "smart" part of the smart plug. If it can be done for Level 1 it can be done for Level 2.

Thanks for the advice guys!

I hope the realize that "green" is the operative word in blue-green and what I put, "Forest Green".

Here is my long list of desired options: Heated Seats / Steering Wheel (Cold Weather Package), 6.6kW charge, full-adjust Power Seats \w Memory, full-adjust Steering Wheel, HD Radio, charge stations spare capacity, a sun/moon roof, heated side mirror, spare tire, parking sensors for front and rear, around-view feature, leather & wood panels

(That maxed out the character limit).

Did not get to test drive (not until March in D.C.) but anyway, it was fun and didn't see an option for having additional info but I agree with Boomer23 there!

Yay, 6.6kW charger though -- sorry I had to admit I'd pay a grand for this to Nissan because TOU kicks in at 10pm (Summer) and I jump in the car at 3am to go to the gym, or I would if I had that 6.6kW charger. In fact, I was supposed to get my first local contractor electrical assessment today but my boss kept me late so I missed the appointment, bugger it all. Hopefully tomorrow!

A 6.6 charger would also make charging in public much more feasible for longer ranges.

Go see a 2 hour movie and viola - 50 miles more of charge in the car.

solardude said:
LEAFer said:
DarkStar said:
I clicked the link and the first question is what type of car you currently own. I answered "I don't currently own a car" and the next step thanked me for taking the survey... :(
:shock: How rude! :!:

same happened to me. then i got another email stating an apology for the error and that i should try again. tried again and it says "you already took this survey". :|
LOL. Sorry, as painful as it is - it is comedic.

CriticalMass rulez !

I used my HTC Android phone while enjoying the sunshine and unseasonably warm temperatures. Had no problems other than the very small text.

I also suggested the obvious "green" for a color choice but also suggested an option for the sound that the car makes. I would like to have the sound of V12 Ferrari or V12 Aston Martin available at the stop light and a switch to blip the throttle.

While I appreciate Nissan's efforts to both actually be green and also to appear to be green, I don't appreciate the very strong suggestion in the questionnaire that I should be quite happy to fork over more money just because they are or claim to be green.

It may be nice to have enviro-friendly landscaping, to get involved with enviro causes, to sponsor enviro events, to recycle oil, to use recycled materials, to use recyclable materials, etc etc etc - I only interact with Nissan to purchase a car. Make the best car you can! Make the greenest car you can! Make a great car for the environment. But don't do things to make yourself appear to be green, and then try to push all of the associated costs to me.

If you want to use low voltage light bulbs at your dealership, do it because it saves you money. Don't do it and then jack up the price of my car to pay for it. If I'm paying for it then I'm the green one, not Nissan!!! Try to learn how to be green and save money because of it - then pass some of the savings on to the consumer. Then everyone benefits.

Yeah I received a survey similar to this from a friend who works for green companies.

I honestly could care less about individual car dealers and how green they are. It comes across slightly as "greenwashing" in the survey.

I said I valued trust as much and convenient location the least.

But it is VERY ENCOURAGING that they are polling adding 6.6w charging. I just hope it can be an upgrade done at a later date.

It's also interesting that they are polling about the fabric in the car and a darker interior. Are they reading the forums? :)

cdub said:
Yeah I received a survey similar to this from a friend who works for green companies.

I honestly could care less about individual car dealers and how green they are. It comes across slightly as "greenwashing" in the survey.

But it is VERY ENCOURAGING that they are polling adding 6.6w charging. I just hope it can be an upgrade done at a later date.

It's also interesting that they are polling about the fabric in the car and a darker interior. Are they reading the forums? :)

Where did they specify a 6.6kw charger? I read a question about a larger charger, did I miss it?

garrytman said:
Check your spam folder, that's where I found mine.

Nope...nothing.

Actually, I didn't get the last one either. At least I didn't get the original....instead I got a reminder a few days later asking me once again (or rather the first time, since I didn't get the original) to submit the survey.

What email address is this coming from? I guess I need to actively "white list" it in our anti-spam software.

Bud said:
I would like to have the sound of V12 Ferrari or V12 Aston Martin available at the stop light and a switch to blip the throttle.
Ooh, now there's one I hadn't thought much about until I read some story online about other manufacturers looking at "non-standard" sounds for their EVs. A spaceship anyone? Some appropriate KITT car banter? Perhaps an external speaker for your stereo? Why not patch in a PA system and advertise the Blues Brothers' one night only show?? I personally would go for the whir of a jet turbine (OK, maybe not permanently, but it would be fun to try it a few times)..

EVDRIVER said:
cdub said:

Where did they specify a 6.6kw charger? I read a question about a larger charger, did I miss it?

They mentioned a L2 charger that would allow a 4 hour charge vs an 8 which would be 6.6w.

What's missing?

Leather, better styling, power seats, and an Inifiniti badge. :twisted:

I had to think about it for a while, but decided that if the 120v charger was not included, I wouldn't buy it. I may never use it. I don't intend to wander far from home, and would never use it at home anyway. I'd much rather have a 6kW L2 charger built into the car, and would pay +$500 for that feature. When the public L2 chargers get congested, you'll think the same.

As for floor mats being free, good luck with that. Floor Mats have joined "Destination Charge" as a defacto tack-on cost.

Back