New free eTEC charger survey?? (ECOtality for SF Bay Area)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just faxed and mailed off a letter to Mr. Mark Perry at Nissan to let those of us that have our cars to be allowed to apply (officially) into the EV Project for the Bay Area. I respectfully asked if we are let into the program for a rebate for the QC option and to allow those of us that purchased the AV L2 to return it for a refund once the Blink is installed. Let you know if I hear anything.

trentr said:
same here!

home assessment: eTec application accepted

"your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** has been accepted. eTec will contact you with more information prior to the arrival of your Nissan LEAF. questions? contact Nissan at 1-877-664-2738"

same here! the eTec application accepted message came through for me today. ;)

I too have the "application accepted" message now. I'm not sure that means much, since they didn't say I was accepted into the program, and may just be confirming that they received my completed survey and that I don't need to take it again.

But that would be mean, so hopefully it means that I'm "in". :)

I was one of those that needed to hurriedly add a QC port to my car's spec in order to be able to qualify for the program. In fact, my car was already a couple days into production when I had them pull it out and add the port. A week later, and CS is still saying that they are still working on getting the order changed. However, I'm now in the program, maybe, and my delivery date has slipped from April, to May. To me, that sounds like they were able to make the change. They just won't admit it yet. ;) (The dashboard still shows the old config and quote, however, so who knows.)

planet4ever said:
My dashboard still says, "you don't meet the criteria for the free eTec home charger." As I said before, there are several possible valid reasons for this. I'm going to stop checking, and be happy with L1.

Ray

Ray, did you try calling EVProject directly? I know in LA some folks who were originally disqualified, managed to get in the project on a later date.

I am not sure whether they have assigned someone to manage the Bay Area project. If so, he/she might be able to help you.

DaveNagy, It means your in and no home inspection needed, based upon your answers to the Etec survey. When Etec`s electrician come out to install you Blink any installation costs above $1200 is your responsibility.

So are all the accepted/rejected still based entirely on Zip Codes? Or have they come up with a new formula?

It would seem like just plain old fashioned common sense to prioritize EVSE installations/infrastructure on each electric car, when and where they are delivered. It just seems like alot of the "we're going to be installing thousands of charging stations" talk has little focus on who actually has EV's and who will be getting them soon. I mean, if someone has purchased an EV, that's alot of money and this customer is on the hook regarding the whole infrastructure thing. Maybe these EVSE programs should focus on ALL the EV owners first. Then work outward.

I'm confident there is an AV component here, I have already validated yes/no at the exact same address. Nissan data base management is as bad as it gets.

EVDRIVER said:
I'm confident there is an AV component here, I have already validated yes/no at the exact same address. Nissan data base management is as bad as it gets.
I agree, but I wonder about Fabio's question concerning disposing of his AeroEnvironment unit after being accepted by Ecotality. Fabio, did you request the waiver before purchase and then purchase your AV unit cash and carry?

Yes.
Glenn said:
EVDRIVER said:
I agree, but I wonder about Fabio's question concerning disposing of his AeroEnvironment unit after being accepted by Ecotality. Fabio, did you request the waiver before purchase and then purchase your AV unit cash and carry?

I did the "survey" on Feb 1 via Ecotality www site before Ecotality to offer a free charger to SF bay area. I did not receive survey invitation from Nissan Leaf's DB. I did the AV home assessment few months ago. After calling to Leaf hot line last week, my DB showed a new message on this Monday (02/14), "home assessment: eTec application pending* your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** is pending. If you qualify, eTec will contact you directly. questions? Contact Nissan at 1-877-664-2738" (Again, I did not get any survey invitation from DB). I did not get any call or message from Ecotality. My Leaf (SL with quick charge port) will come in April 2011 as plan.

Is there any member here having same situation with me? Should I use the link, http://www.etec.nissanusa.com/questionnaire/index.php?direct_link=true, provided by members here to do the survey? Should I call Ecotality? :?

Your input and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS:
Zip code 94303 (Home) / 94080 (Work)

Zhaohui said:
I did the "survey" on Feb 1 via Ecotality www site before Ecotality to offer a free charger to SF bay area. I did not receive survey invitation from Nissan Leaf's DB. I did the AV home assessment few months ago. After calling to Leaf hot line last week, my DB showed a new message on this Monday (02/14), "home assessment: eTec application pending* your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** is pending. If you qualify, eTec will contact you directly. questions? Contact Nissan at 1-877-664-2738" (Again, I did not get any survey invitation from DB). I did not get any call or message from Ecotality. My Leaf (SL with quick charge port) will come in April 2011 as plan.

Is there any member here having same situation with me? Should I use the link, http://www.etec.nissanusa.com/questionnaire/index.php?direct_link=true, provided by members here to do the survey? Should I call Ecotality? :?

Your input and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS:
Zip code 94303 (Home) / 94080 (Work)

The ECOtality survey you talk about on their site, was this special link that you were emailed for you or a generic form you fill on the website I would be curious to know as I did not get any invite on Nissan site so far. I would think that ECOTality form should be enough but everything is unclear so far.

The ECOtality survey you talk about on their site, was this special link that you were emailed for you or a generic form you fill on the website I would be curious to know as I did not get any invite on Nissan site so far. I would think that ECOTality form should be enough but everything is unclear so far.

I got the EV project sing up link of http://www.theevproject.com/sign-up.php provided by [email protected].

Let's share our info to each other about it. Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Ok so my eTec survey finally showed up today. It was not there this morning and by noon it changed. It was the same link provided earlier in the thread. I completed the application once again. Lets see what happens next.

I'm in the same boat as DaveNagy, with my dashboard still showing SV even though I upgraded to SL+QC, and my dashboard also still says I'm not eligible for the EV project. I called Ecotality today to try to get into the program, because I believe I meet all the criteria at least to fill out the survey. I have not received the survey via e-mail or on the dashboard. I'm not sure how it is supposed to come. The woman at Ecotality who answered (on the first ring, no less!) seemed very knowledgeable but basically said Nissan is the "gatekeeper". She was obviously a bit put out (with Nissan, not me) when I told her I had already talked to Nissan twice about this issue. Eventually she took my name and other contact info and said she would try to get someone from Nissan to contact me on this. She specifically said she has no ability to input anyone into the database; that's all controlled by Nissan. After I spoke with her I tried the link posted a page or two back and it worked for me, or seemed to. I don't hold out a lot of hope on this, but maybe I've got my hat in the ring at least.

Nissan and ECOtality are playing the blame game? I spoke to Nissan today and they kept saying that they do not control which account the survey shows up and its in ECOTality who decide. I did not buy it at then because its on Nissan Website but the rep kept insisting it was ECOTality. Eitherways, I dont know if it was my constant harassing or just timing but at noon my survey showed up after 9 days of constant calling/chatting with them to update (wknds excluded)

Beachcliffs said:
Try this address, It worked for me ... http://www.etec.nissanusa.com/questionnaire/index.php?direct_link=true

The web address in the quote above is for for the full questionnaire. The short survey on the ECOtality site (http://www.theevproject.com/sign-up.php) is just to be included on their mailing list (at least that is what their LA rep told me on the phone the other day).

Back