New free eTEC charger survey?? (ECOtality for SF Bay Area)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
csriram45 said:
ElectricVehicle said:
Seems like 48 hours is pretty typical for the update, when it goes through. It took that long for me, and there was an earlier post about it taking 48 hours for someone else.

except that its been almost a week and i have not seen the update. :-D

Yep, I think 48 hours is "best case" .

Now I'm not sure that not getting a survey is correct and those that already have your LEAF and then were able to fill in the survey was a mistake. I just received this email from Nissan:

We apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, participation in the ECOtality program is only available to customers who have not yet taken delivery of the LEAF. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, there are still several rebates and incentives that may be available to you.

We have further details about incentives that may be available to you through our incentive finder tool on the website. To use this tool please click on “price” on the left hand menu of the website. In the center of the screen you will then see “App/Tool incentive finder”. If you are logged in to the website it will automatically tailor the results to your zip code. This does not constitute tax advice. All persons considering use of available incentives should consult with their own tax professional to determine eligibility, specific amount of benefit available, if any, and further details.

IF it is true that we will be excluded from the program because we took delivery, I guess waiting to install a L2 charging dock until the program was announced doesn't matter. You're banned once you take the key. Just finished my taxes and the ugly AMT showed up again, so no deduction for me as well. I guess the good news is that I can E-file with Turbo Tax now. :roll:

walterbays said:
Ready2plugin said:
Just finished my taxes and the ugly AMT showed up again
Read the posting by mwalsh and the references he cites. You may still get the credit, even if you have to do some calculations outside Turbotax or pay an accountant. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1894

Yes, I'm not worried about the $7,500 it was the cost of the charging dock and installation that I was going to be able to write off on my 2010 taxes. The total expense for me was over $3.5k, so I was hoping that I would have been able to get the $1,750 credit. Unfortunately it is not exempt from the AMT calculation.

Ready2plugin said:
I just received this email from Nissan:

We apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, participation in the ECOtality program is only available to customers who have not yet taken delivery of the LEAF. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, there are still several rebates and incentives that may be available to you.
Do you happen to know who at Nissan this email came from? It contradicts with what I have been told.

It came from:
Meg
Nissan EV Customer Support

It was in response to an email I sent trying to find out why my Dashboard had not been updated.

I just filled in my survey.

Very odd though - they didn't have a selection for:
"Do you have an existing Level 2, fully permitted Electric Vehicle Charger that can be upgraded with the EVProjects EVSE, re-using your existing 240V 40A circuit?"
Go figure. How could they possibly have made such a grave omission? :eek: :shock: :D ;)

I did talk to an EVProject manager from another area. He said most calls he was explaining EV 101 to them, about how EVs work, charge etc. Said I was in the 0.005%. Course every LEAF owner will be pretty unique with 20,000 LEAFs initially out of some 250 million vehicles in the US - that's 0.008% . ( http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2010/tables/10s1060.pdf ) Better get to rolling the LEAF in all 50 states and mass adoption!

I also heard they are making progress in hiring an EV Project Regional coordinator for the SF Bay Area. Maybe we'll have someone coordinating our area in a week or two! (Quick in business terms for a new process, an eternity for us waiting for our LEAFs, the joy of quiet Electric Drift and leaving behind the GAS Anxiety we have until then! Well I get to do the RAV4 EV most of the time, but every now and then I have to drive or put GAS in our Prius or I'm riding in someone else's GASMobile.)

About the EVProject and delivered LEAFs, I saw this in the participation agreement where they mention purchased LEAFs - so it allows for the possibility, if they actually allow it remains to be seen:
4 Participant’s Representations and Warranties
Participant represents and warrants to ETEC that Participant:
a) Has accurately completed the ETEC Participant Questionnaire;
b) Has purchased or leased, or will purchase or lease, a Nissan LEAF™;
c) Will use Participant’s Nissan LEAF™ in a manner consistent with Participant’s Questionnaire responses;
d) Will allow ETEC to collect, use and distribute the Data to DOE and EV Project participants;

ElectricVehicle said:
Very odd though - they didn't have a selection for:
"Do you have an existing Level 2, fully permitted Electric Vehicle Charger that can be upgraded with the EVProjects EVSE, re-using your existing 240V 40A circuit?"
Go figure. How could they possibly have made such a grave omission? :eek: :shock: :D ;)
Funny, I missed that question too and my answer would have been yes :D

I received a notice on DB that my eTec application was accepted. Filed survey on 2/10 so it took about 4 business days. My area code is 95014 so I hope others in this area will also receive a favorable response.
Now a period of waiting begins before something happens and I actually get the charging dock installed. I have an April 2011 delivery of the LEAF.

If nothing else, the whole process of purchasing a LEAF has been an exercise in patience. So will continue to wait, wait....

linkim said:
I received a notice on DB that my eTec application was accepted. Filed survey on 2/10 so it took about 4 business days. My area code is 95014 so I hope others in this area will also receive a favorable response.
Now a period of waiting begins before something happens and I actually get the charging dock installed. I have an April 2011 delivery of the LEAF.

If nothing else, the whole process of purchasing a LEAF has been an exercise in patience. So will continue to wait, wait....
ME TOO!!! "your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** has been accepted."

Now, of course, the paranoid side of me starts wondering does that mean that my "application" has been accepted by their office, or that my garage has been accepted for an EVSE. :D :D I'll assume the latter and eagerly await a phone call from eTec.

Seriously though, with a scheduled April LEAF delivery, now is the time for me to decide which PG&E rate I'll choose, so that any panel/meter upgrades can happen concurrently with the EVSE install.

Getting closer; I hope many other Bay Areans are notified soon.

Glenn

Although Nissan refuses to let me even fill out the survey, I'm VERY happy for everyone that is getting good news on this. I'm not done fighting. I plan on drafting a letter to both those at the EV Project and Nissan Corporate.

I am still yet to see survey and keep getting the run around that I should see it up. I lost it today and gave the Nissan Chat rep a piece of my mind. It is one thing to say 24 hours once but to keep telling check every day 24 hours is pure nonsense.

Ha and this is just for the survey. I can imagine those who have gone through to get their car delivered...

same here!

home assessment: eTec application accepted

"your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** has been accepted. eTec will contact you with more information prior to the arrival of your Nissan LEAF. questions? contact Nissan at 1-877-664-2738"

jsnable said:
Thanks - worked for me too (or at least seemed to).

Jay

Beachcliffs said:
Try this address, It worked for me ... http://www.etec.nissanusa.com/questionnaire/index.php?direct_link=true

+2. Funny thing would be that I am sure my questionnaire would come up few days later and I would not know if their systems are tied up to know that I have already filled up and if accepted just directly say "accepted". :)

Back