National Plug In Day 2013 LOS ANGELES

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulScott

The LA version of National Plug In Day (NPID) is now confirmed for Saturday, September 28th 9:30-3:00.

The location is the CSU Chancellor’s Office at 401 Golden Shore in Long Beach. The venue is a beautiful park with plentiful free parking and room for food trucks, a DJ and (hopefully) Nissan's portable fast charger. We've had that the past two years and it really helps get people to come from far away. I'll confirm its availability as soon as possible.

We want to get a large turnout of LEAF drivers from both LA and Orange counties. There are several fast chargers around town so getting there and back won't be a problem. We're also dedicating two L2 charge stations from Adopt A Charger, the fee-free charge station provider.

The mayor of Long Beach, Bob Foster, a long time RAV EV driver, will be giving the keynote address and we'll have other speakers as well.

There will be at least one Model S Tesla available for test drives. I'm also working to get the Tesla Roadster I had last year for test drives.

More info as it becomes available.

I just got this email today regarding the latest;

Date: September 23, 2013 at 11:31:24 AM PDT
Subject: Plug In Day: Long Beach
Reply-To: [email protected]

Hello to Everyone in our amazing Southern California EV Community -
National Plug In Day is being hosted in 85 cities around the world,
and our event is the biggest!! THanks for taking part. I want to
answer some of the questions I have been receiving and clarify a few
things.

1. Location - Our event is taking place at The CSU Chancellor’s
Office at 401 Golden Shore, in Long Beach. This is NOT the CBULB
campus, but located off Ocean Avenue in downtown Long Beach near the
Catalina Landing Ferry. https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. The event is from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. The press conference is
scheduled for 10:00 am, and CBS 60 minutes MAY be showing up, so we
would like to have everything in place by 9:30. Since we are
expecting 150+ plug in cars, it takes awhile to get everyone situated.
If you don’t have a plug in car you are still welcome to come early
and we would love for you to take part in the press conference at
10:00 am. If you can’t be there at 9:00 am, please come anyway. We
will be offering test drives and have great raffles until 2:00 pm.

3. Charging - Nissan will be bringing their mobile DC Quick Charger,
and there are Quick Chargers available at Carson Nissan, Cerritos
Nissan, and Mitsubishi Headquarters in Cypress. Catalina Landing has
a few level 2 chargers that we can have access to, and there are other
level 2 close by. The 3 EVSE installed by Adopt a Charger are already
committed most of the day, but we will do our best to make sure
everyone’s needs get met.

4. Bring your friends!! The more the merrier.

Thanks so much for being part of this historic day. Always grateful,
Kitty

PaulScott said:
The LA version of National Plug In Day (NPID) is now confirmed for Saturday, September 28th 9:30-3:00.

The location is the CSU Chancellor’s Office at 401 Golden Shore in Long Beach. The venue is a beautiful park with plentiful free parking and room for food trucks, a DJ and (hopefully) Nissan's portable fast charger. We've had that the past two years and it really helps get people to come from far away. I'll confirm its availability as soon as possible.

We want to get a large turnout of LEAF drivers from both LA and Orange counties. There are several fast chargers around town so getting there and back won't be a problem. We're also dedicating two L2 charge stations from Adopt A Charger, the fee-free charge station provider.

The mayor of Long Beach, Bob Foster, a long time RAV EV driver, will be giving the keynote address and we'll have other speakers as well.

There will be at least one Model S Tesla available for test drives. I'm also working to get the Tesla Roadster I had last year for test drives.

More info as it becomes available.

The possibility of "60 Minutes" shooting for their upcoming segment on EVs has gotten us a lot of attention. We have close to 200 cars coming, about the same as the Cuppertino NPID event, so we have a bit of a friendly rivalry to see which event is the largest. It's all good. We've got a great program planned to entertain and give test drives in all manner of plug-in cars, so please come, and bring your friends who haven't yet taken the plunge into electric cars. We hope our event results in lots more of these great cars replacing filthy ICE.

Long Beach is just too far to traipse with my degraded battery so I'll be attending the one here in Northridge on Sunday...

http://www.pluginday.org/event.php?eventid=110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PaulScott said:
The possibility of "60 Minutes" shooting for their upcoming segment on EVs has gotten us a lot of attention. We have close to 200 cars coming, about the same as the Cuppertino NPID event, so we have a bit of a friendly rivalry to see which event is the largest. It's all good. We've got a great program planned to entertain and give test drives in all manner of plug-in cars, so please come, and bring your friends who haven't yet taken the plunge into electric cars. We hope our event results in lots more of these great cars replacing filthy ICE.

Very stoked for Saturday, would be great to test drive a model S!

Let me know via PM if you want me to talk at all about my Brusa upgrade (I believe Jason will also be there). I'll need a charge to get back to Pasadena or Diamanod bar as I believe there's something going on there in the afternoon. :)

Back