My LEAF has started beeping every 2 to 3 minutes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

This morning my LEAF has started to give three beeps every 2 to 3 minutes. It's very annoying and worrying. I don't see any error lights so I'm not sure what's going on.

This happens if the LEAF is plugged in or just sitting unplugged.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

I can start the car.

It's beeping when it's sitting turned off like it's sending a Carwings request. I use to have a program called GreenCharge that use to cause this but not every three minutes. I deleted the program from my iPod but yesterday I plugged my iPod into my computer and iTunes put the damn thing back on.

I'm not sure if that's the problem or not. I don't see any way to set the interval that the updates get requested or to tell the program to delete my account.

I tried changing my password from the Carwings owner's portal but the beeps continue.

Hello,
I heard mine do that yesterday and I just blew it off, my wife didn't hear it so I just forgot about it. I too have one of those apps, Leaf Link I think, I'll check it out and see if it's updating "regularly." It only beeps once when updating though.

This is driving me crazy. I have disconnected the 12 volt battery. I thought that, that may reset things but the beep just went off and I haven't yet reconnected the battery.

I entered a bogus password in carwings from the car so that the car can't communicate with carwings. I went to the carwings owner's site and changed my password there. Nothing helps. The car beeps three times every three minutes likc clock work.

Is there a way to tell the car to remain silent? I'll probably take it into the dealer to have it looked at. I just had it in there last week. I wonder if they did something and I just now noticed the beeping.

Luft said:
I'll probably take it into the dealer to have it looked at. I just had it in there last week. I wonder if they did something and I just now noticed the beeping.
They may have updated software, but I recently had that done and it did not result in strange beeps.

Problem solved! I took my LEAF out to see if it would beep while I drove it. My wife continued to hear the beeping and found her cell phone in the corner complaining about a low battery... :oops:

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say: Never mind. :lol:

Luft said:
Problem solved! I took my LEAF out to see if it would beep while I drove it. My wife continued to hear the beeping and found her cell phone in the corner complaining about a low battery... :oops:

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say: Never mind. :lol:

This. Is. Awesome! Glad you figured it out.

J.

:lol:
When I first got my car, I heard a strange periodic beep only while driving. Almost went to the dealer, but someone here on the forum suggested checking my cell phone. Sure enough, the phone was beeping asking for permission to link via bluetooth. :oops:

Have since set it to auto link.

Glad to hear that this had a positive outcome. It was a fun read for sure...

Back