steady beeping while driving, no warning lights

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goshinkansen

Hi. We are longtime Leaf owners, on our second one, which is a 2018 mid-level trim.

A week or so ago, my husband's key fob battery died and he changed it. A few days later, when I was pulling out of the drive way, the car started beeping/chirping steadily (once ever 2-3 seconds). Very briefly, I saw a red warning light (car shaped with a key in it, which I believe is the Security Indicator Light) on the dash flash a few times. I figured it was my fob battery's turn to die. Partner changed it too, and then the beeping/chirping stopped. Or so we thought. Now we think this is unrelated, but wanted to include it all here.

A week goes by and today husband's out driving and the car starts beeping steadily after about 30 mins on the road. A few hours later, I drive the car to the grocery store 5 mins around the corner and no beeping. But a few more hours later, I drive a longer distance and about 30 mins into the ride, the beeping starts back up.

It sounds a bit chirpy and not like any other noise the car makes. When it first started up this afternoon, it was very quiet (did you hear that? I dunno?) and then steadily got louder until I could record it with my phone's voice memo app. It's a very irritating noise, like when your smoke alarm battery dies.

The beep continues after I turn the car off, get out, plug it in, close the door and lock it.

Any ideas? The dealer didn't give us an owner's manual even after we repeatedly asked for one.

You can download the owner manual (and many other publications) from the Nissan Publications web site:
https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/Home.aspx

I am not aware of anything with the car that will beep at a low volume and get louder. I suggest that you check throughout the car to make sure something that beeps was not left in the console or hatch area.

Hi. We are longtime Leaf owners, on our second one, which is a 2018 mid-level trim.

A week or so ago, my husband's key fob battery died and he changed it. A few days later, when I was pulling out of the drive way, the car started beeping/chirping steadily (once ever 2-3 seconds). Very briefly, I saw a red warning light (car shaped with a key in it, which I believe is the Security Indicator Light) on the dash flash a few times. I figured it was my fob battery's turn to die. Partner changed it too, and then the beeping/chirping stopped. Or so we thought. Now we think this is unrelated, but wanted to include it all here.

A week goes by and today husband's out driving and the car starts beeping steadily after about 30 mins on the road. A few hours later, I drive the car to the grocery store 5 mins around the corner and no beeping. But a few more hours later, I drive a longer distance and about 30 mins into the ride, the beeping starts back up.

It sounds a bit chirpy and not like any other noise the car makes. When it first started up this afternoon, it was very quiet (did you hear that? I dunno?) and then steadily got louder until I could record it with my phone's voice memo app. It's a very irritating noise, like when your smoke alarm battery dies.

The beep continues after I turn the car off, get out, plug it in, close the door and lock it.

Any ideas? The dealer didn't give us an owner's manual even after we repeatedly asked for one.
How did you fix it? I have the same issue

Back