Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa Matches any Local Leaf Offers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly these new "April" delivery estimates still need time to "slide" into place, which might make them fit better with earlier orders.

If losing the $5000 CA rebate creates many orphans, the dealers will not mind that at all, since most seem to maintain above-MSRP waiting lists.

Leon, we really appreciate the information you have provided to the group on this forum. I am curios if you have any insight into the delivery schedule.

Just within your dealership, it seems that some people (like myself) with September order months (actually October 1st), are scheduled for delivery in May, while other people who ordered at the end of January are scheduled for deliver already in April!?! This seems a little odd and disappointing, however I will really be bummed out if this delay puts me behind enough people as to lose out on the 5K California rebate.

Thanks, Mike

mikek said:
Leon, we really appreciate the information you have provided to the group on this forum. I am curios if you have any insight into the delivery schedule.

Just within your dealership, it seems that some people (like myself) with September order months (actually October 1st), are scheduled for delivery in May, while other people who ordered at the end of January are scheduled for deliver already in April!?! This seems a little odd and disappointing, however I will really be bummed out if this delay puts me behind enough people as to lose out on the 5K California rebate.

Thanks, Mike

+1

No insight. Let me just say that I have expressed my feelings which echo yours to the factory. On a more upbeat note two Leaf's due in 2 weeks from now were delivered today. Let's hope this becomes a trend.

mossyleaf said:
Let me just say that I have expressed my feelings which echo yours to the factory.
Appreciate it!

mossyleaf said:
On a more upbeat note two Leaf's due in 2 weeks from now were delivered today. Let's hope this becomes a trend.
Interesting - so these customers had mid-March estimated delivery dates but you delivered them today? Nice! How much advance warning did you get that these cars would be coming in early?

The advance warning I got was a customer calling me saying "Hey Leon I saw a truck load of Leaf's heading to San Diego on the freeway, is mine one of them?".

mossyleaf said:
The advance warning I got was a customer calling me saying "Hey Leon I saw a truck load of Leaf's heading to San Diego on the freeway, is mine one of them?".
Hey Leon - My dashboard says Week of March 25. I heard March 29 "at the dealership" from ECOtality. And you? :)

mossyleaf said:
Interesting. I always thought the process was that that once the LEAF had been processed through the VPC, the dealership would be invoiced by Nissan (this event would appear on the dealer dashboard), the LEAF would be loaded on a transported and delivered to the dealership. I also thought there could be a delay (from hours to a day or even two) between invoicing and actual transportation (vehicle exiting VPC) due to transporter logistic issues. There would of course be additional delays delivering the vehicle to points north and east via train.

LEAFguy said:
mossyleaf said:
Hey Leon - My dashboard says Week of March 25. I heard March 29 "at the dealership" from ECOtality. And you? :)

Me thinks much sooner...

ENIAC said:
mossyleaf said:
Interesting. I always thought the process was that that once the LEAF had been processed through the VPC, the dealership would be invoiced by Nissan (this event would appear on the dealer dashboard), the LEAF would be loaded on a transported and delivered to the dealership. I also thought there could be a delay (from hours to a day or even two) between invoicing and actual transportation (vehicle exiting VPC) due to transporter logistic issues. There would of course be additional delays delivering the vehicle to points north and east via train.

Nothing on the dealer dashboard that tells you when a car has been invoiced. Interestingly the two cars that were delivered said week of march 13th yesterday. Today the say week of March 4th, the day after they were delivered. :?:

Leon- It appears to me that the Leafs currently at Long Beach, recently delivered or about to be delivered to customers were produced at Opama around the second week of February. Is that correct?

Is there a batch of Leafs currently on the way to the U S that were produced during the last two weeks of February?

I'm not sure if they were built in January or February. I know there are February build cars that are on the way. When in Feb they were made is unknown to me.

Not in my dashboard, but in another system I can see how many of something are built in a production month. Doesn't say what day or when on the month though.

About a month before my LEAF was delivered, my dealer sent me a snapshot of a screen, which I thought was from the dealer portal, which showed my Manufacture Date. See below. Notice at that time the status of my LEAF was SIT which means Sea in Transit, in other words it was being shipped. The "Status" would change from SIT to "DLR INV" once the car has been processed through the VPC. DLR INV means the dealer has been invoiced. At that point your LEAF is either still at the VPC awaiting transportation to the dealership, left the VPC and is being transported to the dealership, at the dealership, or you have picked it up!

Vehicle Information
Order #: XXXXXX VIN: XXXXXXXXXXX000224
Ordered On: 10/09/2010 Production Month: 11/2010
Rail Ship Date: Manufacture Date: 11/30/2010
Rail Receive Date: Shipping VPC: 44
Wholesale Date: Status: SIT
ETA: WEEK OF 01/07/11

What kind of financing options (interest rate %) are available through Mossy Nissan? Or are financing deals set by corporate and same across dealerships and outside of dealers' control?

There is no special or subsidized interest rate for the Leaf from Nissan. I can tell you that we have rates as low as **2.9%** available for the car. On approved credit, yada yada yada... ;)

Back